What's in the next release (2.8.16)

Chris Jahn

Michel,

I went back to 2.7.7 from 2.7.10. I did not reload the old backup from 2.7.6.

My EZIO6I connect to my alarm system is working as before with 2.7.6. Normal operation is recorded in ISY as before. Query is not working as before (this is not a problem for my confirguration).

I tested adding my spare EZIO6I. I got the same error message as with 2.7.10 posted before:

[-200000] Node not added - failed restoring device [1 70 EF 1]

[-100002] Couldn't open file [/CONF/170EF.REC]

Here is the log:

Sun 01/31/2010 03:00:04 PM : ---- Initializing the linked devices ----

Sun 01/31/2010 03:00:04 PM : ---- All Linked Devices are now initialized ----

Sun 01/31/2010 03:00:04 PM : ---- Add remaining devices ----

Sun 01/31/2010 03:00:04 PM : [ 1 70 EF 1] Removing all links

Sun 01/31/2010 03:00:42 PM : [1 70 EF 1] i2 data transfer commands do not work. Reverting to i1

Sun 01/31/2010 03:00:44 PM : [ 1 70 EF 1] Adding device to ISY

Sun 01/31/2010 03:00:44 PM : [test - 9] Start : Adding device to ISY

Sun 01/31/2010 03:01:24 PM : [1 70 EF 9] i2 data transfer commands do not work. Reverting to i1

Sun 01/31/2010 03:01:26 PM : [test - 9] Finish : Adding device to ISY was Successful

Sun 01/31/2010 03:01:36 PM : [test - 9] Making PLM a Responder to group 9

Sun 01/31/2010 03:01:47 PM : [test - A] Start : Adding device to ISY

Sun 01/31/2010 03:01:47 PM : [test - A] Finish : Adding device to ISY was Successful

Sun 01/31/2010 03:01:48 PM : [test - A] Making PLM a Responder to group 10

Sun 01/31/2010 03:01:58 PM : [test - B] Start : Adding device to ISY

Sun 01/31/2010 03:01:58 PM : [test - B] Finish : Adding device to ISY was Successful

Sun 01/31/2010 03:01:59 PM : [test - B] Making PLM a Responder to group 11

Sun 01/31/2010 03:02:08 PM : [test - C] Start : Adding device to ISY

Sun 01/31/2010 03:02:08 PM : [test - C] Finish : Adding device to ISY was Successful

Sun 01/31/2010 03:02:09 PM : [test - C] Making PLM a Responder to group 12

Sun 01/31/2010 03:02:19 PM : [test - D] Start : Adding device to ISY

Sun 01/31/2010 03:02:19 PM : [test - D] Finish : Adding device to ISY was Successful

Sun 01/31/2010 03:02:19 PM : [test - D] Making PLM a Responder to group 13

Sun 01/31/2010 03:02:29 PM : [test - E] Start : Adding device to ISY

Sun 01/31/2010 03:02:29 PM : [test - E] Finish : Adding device to ISY was Successful

Sun 01/31/2010 03:02:29 PM : [test - E] Making PLM a Responder to group 14

Sun 01/31/2010 03:02:39 PM : [ 1 70 EF 1] ** Not Added ** Restore node Failed

Sun 01/31/2010 03:02:39 PM : ---- All Remaining Device Added ----

Even if there were some errors, the test unit is working.

Thank you,

RLav

I scanned this thread and didn't see any references to it. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

-Why can't a KPL turn off (0%) the lights hardwired to the unit?

-I don't understand what the message is really trying to tell me when I do "buttons grouping"/mutually exclusive buttons. Let's say I want A = Fan On, Lights 50%, B = Fan on, lights 100%, C = Fan off and lights 50%, D = Fan off and lights 100%. Obviously when I hit "D" I want all other modes to go away with a single button press. But if I follow what the dialog box says and put "A" as my controller and "B" "C" and "D" as responders, I don't see how I can adjust them as "Off" in a scene.

I scanned this thread and didn't see any references to it. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

-Why can't a KPL turn off (0%) the lights hardwired to the unit?

It is a hardware limitation on older KPLs.

-I don't understand what the message is really trying to tell me when I do "buttons grouping"/mutually exclusive buttons. Let's say I want A = Fan On, Lights 50%, B = Fan on, lights 100%, C = Fan off and lights 50%, D = Fan off and lights 100%. Obviously when I hit "D" I want all other modes to go away with a single button press. But if I follow what the dialog box says and put "A" as my controller and "B" "C" and "D" as responders, I don't see how I can adjust them as "Off" in a scene.

You can use the button at the bottom of the KPL display to create a MutEx group instead of putting the other buttons in the scene. Buttons can only turn On when the scene is turned On.

Rand

• 2 weeks later...

rLav,

EZIO6I issue is now fixed in 2.7.11.

Nick,

Battery powered REST services are now included in 2.7.11:

/rest/batteryPoweredWrites -- Returns status [0|1]",

/rest/batteryPoweredWrites/on -- Writes all pending changes to battery powered devices when batch is off.

/rest/batteryPoweredWrites/off -- Does not write changes to battery powered devices when batch is off.

geekdoc,

Apologies for not seeing your post till now.

The main issue is that a sub button cannot turn OFF a load on a KPL. We do not know why this is the case.

With kind regards,

Michel

Upgraded 2.7.10 to 2.7.11

Upgrade went smoothe - No issues to report

Wrote a few programs, created a few scenes, added a togglelinc.

Edit: One thing I am seeing is on one KPL...If I add a button to a scene, the ISY completes the scene but the green arrows remain next to all the devices that were written to. I exited out of the admin console and logged back in only to still see the green arrows. I then remove the button from a scene and add it back and the arrows go away.

The green arrows will remain after a scene is complete 3 out of 4 times.

(I made several scenes just to get a frequency)

Edit (2) The green arrows will go away by Creating another scene with the device in question or an unassociated device.

Edit (3) this issue occurs on three of my KPL's (I only made scenes for these three so far). Again, it's 3 out of 4 times.

No other issues with the switches to speak of other then an occasional KPL button not changeing LED state as a responder.

You're probably accurate that I have communication issues which finally solidifies my thoughts that...

Insteon is no more reliable then my X10 that I had running on Homeseer for over ten years. Smarthome sure did fool me with the "Insteon Mesh network" concept.

At least I have the ISY to help manage this protocol. Without the ISY, I would have dropped Insteon a year ago. I'll continue to plug away at my communication issues and try to improve my system.

As always...Thank You!

Hello intellihome,

Although I understand your frustrations (I would've been even more) but I must say that amongst all the other protocols out there, INSTEON is much more reliable ... but, then again, that comes from my development experiences using others.

The most important thing is to make sure the load for those devices are not causing noise AND that you do not have a mixture of SignaLincs and Access Points.

With kind regards,

Michel

• 3 weeks later...
Please note that if you so choose to install 2.7.9, all your INSTEON changes will be lost in 2.7.10 as you would have to restore a backup from a release prior to 2.7.8.

If you are already using 2.7.9::

1. Please do not make any changes to your INSTEON configuration (i.e scenes, devices, restoring devices, restoring PLM, etc.). Program changes are OK

2. Please do not use any backup of 2.7.9 on 2.7.10 and above

Does this warning also apply to 2.7.8? I'm currently on 2.7.8, and I have made changes to my configuration (removed some switches, etc). What do I do now? I can make a current backup, but is that going to fail under the newer releases?

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Please do take a backup of your 2.7.8. In most cases, the migration phase in 2.7.12, will migrate all your configurations properly. In rare cases (and specifically related to KPLs) and if and only if you have any problems, you have two choices:

1. Redo those scenes OR

2. Use a backup from 2.7.7 (or below)

Again, I really do not think you are going to have any problems. Just to be safe, take a backup of your 2.7.8 and export your programs.

With kind regards,

Michel

I've noticed that during the execution of a program, if the ISY cannot communicate to a device it will not execute the remainder of the program. I'm not sure if this behavior is new with version 2.7.12. Is this by design? Should the ISY continue execution of the program?

For example, a program sets five devices at sunset everyday. If the ISY cannot communicate to the first device (broken, unplugged, whatever), none of the devices get set.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Michel,

This happened when I unplugged a device (I was working outside and needed the outlet) and forgot to plug it back in before sunset. Once I plugged the device back in, I manually ran (via Admin console) the program's 'then' clause and it worked fine.

If you're sure this works in version 2.7.12, I'll try to recreate the condition.

Thanks,

Dave

Michel

I urgenly need your help. I had some odd extra controllers in scene, not sure how rhey got there, but in any case after removing a KPL did notwork. In trying to do a resotre it is in an endless loop, write, then still shows green icon then when click batch button it tires to write again, over an over

jkraus,

It's really not in an endless loop. It's trying to write all pending writes for all devices. This might take a while especially if those devices are not responding.

If you have time, please let ISY try completing what it's doing. Once done, please take a look at your devices and make sure you do not have any devices with green 0101. If you do, then we have to figure out why they cannot be written out.

With kind regards,

Michel