What's in the next release (2.8.16)

Chris Jahn

Hi,

I am using http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.7.7/admin.jnlp to access ISY and 2.7.7.

I would like to report following problem with IOLinc ver 36 and ISY 2.7.7.

Momentary hold time is not working.

1. Whatever number is saved hold time is about 2 sec in Momentary A.

2. Momentary B is not reacting to Off switch it works the same way as Momentary A (unless I am missing something).

I tested IOLinc as below:

1. Factory reset IOLinc and link with ISY with New Insteon Device option

2. Factory reset IOLinc and link with ISY with Start Linking option

Both ways linked device to ISY without problems but none did not enable control of hold time.

BTW I was able to change hold time in 2.7.6. I can to downgrade duueto some error during the proces.

Best regards Walter

Hi Walter,

Thanks so very much:

First of all, please clear your Java cache and ensure that you are using the latest 2.7.7/admin.jnlp for we have made many changes. Secondly, please do make sure your IOLinc version is above .39.

1. Known issue with the hold time ... we changed the 2 seconds to 2 10th of a second as per instructions from SH. Apparently those are not valid instructions. For now, you could use the number x 10 (to convert to seconds) till we figure out what the actual range is

2. It works here ... so, please ensure you have v.39 and above

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi,

I am using http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.7.7/admin.jnlp to access ISY and 2.7.7.

2. Momentary B is not reacting to Off switch it works the same way as Momentary A (unless I am missing something).

Both ways linked device to ISY without problems but none did not enable control of hold time.

BTW I was able to change hold time in 2.7.6. I can to downgrade duueto some error during the proces.

Best regards Walter

Hi Xathros,

I am going to test it again on our Ubuntu and let you know.

With kind regards,

Michel

Any update on this ?

Thanks.

-X

Hi X,

Yes, it's fixed ... sorry for not letting you know. The problem was that we added enhanced images for folders with conditions. Unfortunately, Linux does not yet support image overlay. As such, it's conditionally compiled out in case the operating system is Linux.

Please clear your Java cache and try:

http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.7.7/admin.jnlp

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Xathros,

With kind regards,

Michel

Any update on this ?

Thanks.

-X

Been running 2.7.7 alpha for a couple of days, interfacing using iLinc Pro and eKeypad ISY. Also acceing via the admin console. Once significant change I have noticed is the Controller/Responder and Manages/ManagedBy associations tree make a lot more logical sense now.

Keep up the good work!

Elvis

Been running 2.7.7 alpha for a couple of days, interfacing using iLinc Pro and eKeypad ISY. Also acceing via the admin console. Once significant change I have noticed is the Controller/Responder and Manages/ManagedBy associations tree make a lot more logical sense now.

Keep up the good work!

Elvis

OK I stand corrected. I can no longer use the ElkRP applicaiton to log into my ELk M1 Gold. I have had no problems until I upgraded to 2.7.7.

The error message i get is "Cound not initialize secure connection."

Once this error occurs, the only way i can clear it is to reboot my Elk.

I am reverting back to 2.7.6 which I have not have any of these problems before.

UPDATE: Well it appears to be a conflict between Windows MCE (and no I don't have the MCE plug in installed) and the ElkRP application. When I an watching TV via MCE and trying to run the ElkRP applicaiton, I get the error message mentioned above. I'm going back to 2.7.7 to re-produce the problem.

UPDATE2:

Problem duplicated with 2.7.7 and conflict with MCE running. Don't run MCE when trying to run ElkRP application.

Thanks Michel!

I'll reinstall 2.7.7 later this weekend and play with it again

-X

Hi X,

Yes, it's fixed ... sorry for not letting you know. The problem was that we added enhanced images for folders with conditions. Unfortunately, Linux does not yet support image overlay. As such, it's conditionally compiled out in case the operating system is Linux.

Please clear your Java cache and try:

http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.7.7/admin.jnlp

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Xathros,

With kind regards,

Michel

Any update on this ?

Thanks.

-X

Hi Walter,

Thanks so very much:

First of all, please clear your Java cache and ensure that you are using the latest 2.7.7/admin.jnlp for we have made many changes. Secondly, please do make sure your IOLinc version is above .39.

Michel,

Are you sure you need .39? I just got a replacement from SH a few minutes ago, and it is .36. My old one was .34. I can say for the fist time it is saving settings if I remove power from it, and that is a good thing :)

Hello,

Apologies for any confusion I may have caused by pointing some of you to use http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/2.7.7/admin.jnlp ...

ISY has two pieces: firmware which runs on ISY and client which is a Java applet/application. One could be using 2.7.7 UI features without having 2.7.7 firmware installed. As such, if you go to Help | About and it shows 2.7.6, then you do NOT have 2.7.7 installed.

smileyw, yes, I am certain I was told v39 ...

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi kcrossley,

Please go to Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer level 3 and try removing a device. Does it time out (i.e. you get a series of INST-ACK without INST-SRX)?

With kind regards,

Michel

I forgot to plug in one of my Insteon remotes, which was also part of the Scene. That was the problem. Everything is cool now. Sorry.

Kelly

I wonder if that is a version that is "going to come out". As I said, I literally went to the SH store, and they pulled a brand new one, and it was .36.

I will wait until after x-mas and try switching it out again.

In either case, I am having the same problem others are having not being able to set the momentary duration correctly.

W

I finally have 2.7.7 installed and running. So far so good. I do notice that the configuration page looks a little odd now. Only the inner boxes have a background color and the areas outside are just white. there is a fairly large section of blank white space above the bulk of the settings. Everything seems to be there and working - just looks odd compared to the rest of the console.

One issue - I purchased the experimental X10 module a few months ago - before I had 2.7.7. The manage modules item says my modules are up to date - purchase modules shows the date I purchased the module - I can't seem to find it in the console however. What do I need to do to get that working ?

Thanks in advance.

-X

Hi Xathros,

I assume you are talking about Ubuntu, correct? Yes indeed we have color issues with Ubuntu ... we cannot even get the background for the tree to work properly nor can we get the image overlay to work.

A10/X10 module does not have any new GUI elements except:

1. Your ability to add X10 nodes to the tree

2. Use named X10 nodes in your programs

To ensure you have it installed, please go to Help | About and check whether or not it's listed. Also, in Link Management menu, instead of Add new INSTEON device, you will see Add New INSTEON/A10/X10 device.

With kind regards,

Michel

I finally have 2.7.7 installed and running. So far so good. I do notice that the configuration page looks a little odd now. Only the inner boxes have a background color and the areas outside are just white. there is a fairly large section of blank white space above the bulk of the settings. Everything seems to be there and working - just looks odd compared to the rest of the console.

One issue - I purchased the experimental X10 module a few months ago - before I had 2.7.7. The manage modules item says my modules are up to date - purchase modules shows the date I purchased the module - I can't seem to find it in the console however. What do I need to do to get that working ?

Thanks in advance.

-X

Hi Michel,

Today I received new 4 IOLincs and all are ver .36

As far as hold time even using time in increments of 10 is not working for me. Any number set as hold time in increment of 10 is resulting in about 2 sec hold in Momentary A mode.

Best regards WD

Hi Walter,

Thanks so very much:

1. Known issue with the hold time ... we changed the 2 seconds to 2 10th of a second as per instructions from SH. Apparently those are not valid instructions. For now, you could use the number x 10 (to convert to seconds) till we figure out what the actual range is

2. It works here ... so, please ensure you have v.39 and above

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi,

Best regards Walter

Hi Michel-

Yes. the missing background is on Ubuntu and does not affect functionality at all. Just thought I'd mention it as the 2.7.6 console did not behave that way.

Well it looks like the A10/X10 module is not there. All I have on the linking menu is Add X10 to EZX10RF which has been there all along. I looked for my email receipt for the module purchase but can't find it. What do I need to do to prove my purchase ? The help menu shows purchased on 10/8/2009.

Thanks.

-X

Hi Xathros,

I assume you are talking about Ubuntu, correct? Yes indeed we have color issues with Ubuntu ... we cannot even get the background for the tree to work properly nor can we get the image overlay to work.

To ensure you have it installed, please go to Help | About and check whether or not it's listed. Also, in Link Management menu, instead of Add new INSTEON device, you will see Add New INSTEON/A10/X10 device.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel-

Well it looks like the A10/X10 module is not there. All I have on the linking menu is Add X10 to EZX10RF which has been there all along. I looked for my email receipt for the module purchase but can't find it. What do I need to do to prove my purchase ? The help menu shows purchased on 10/8/2009.

Thanks.

-X

Hi Xathros,

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Xathros,

The X10/A10 module doesn't add anything to the linking menu. After you select "New INSTEON Device", You'll find X10/A10 devices listed in the device type drop-down menu if it is installed. I believe you enter the X10 house/unit code in the address field.

Once added, it should show up in the tree.

Thanks Michel.

Email sent.

-X

Hi X,

Thanks so very much. Fixed many of the Linux related issues including the missing background. Still could not figure out how to add background to the tree.

Please send your uuid to support@universal-devices.com.

With kind regards,

Michel