What's in the next release (2.8.16)

Chris Jahn

Hi James,

Bidirectional communications is currently out of our scope. But, if you want simple communications over the network, you can accomplish it right now using the Network Module. This said, you will have to have their configuration and specifications ready.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel, I don't know if this is the right place to post this question, but I'm wondering if the next version will have any way to interact with either of the following devices:

1. Sonos music system (http://www.sonos.com)

2. Vue video system (http://vuezone.com/)

Many thanks.

Best,

James

I have been unable to clear the "low batt" indicator from a motion sensor on the admin console by doing a query on the node. I have tried with the ms in linking mode and not in linking mode. Nothing happens when I press the query button, no progress bar or anything. Nothing on the event viewer, even at level 3.

Speaking of query, I noticed also that when query is pressed for the ezflora nothing happens either. All of the other devices are able to be queried.

Am running 2.7.7 alpha.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Michel,

You will have to do the query on the Low Bat node and it should go to off.
Right click on Low Batt node and select query? Doesn't do anything.

As far as EZFlora, the only node that responds to query is the main node (the one with addressing ending in 1).
That is what I figured, again right click on "1" and select query and it doesn't do anything.

Suggestions? Should I just wait for the final beta version?

Hi Xathros,

The X10/A10 module doesn't add anything to the linking menu. After you select "New INSTEON Device", You'll find X10/A10 devices listed in the device type drop-down menu if it is installed. I believe you enter the X10 house/unit code in the address field.

Once added, it should show up in the tree.

Hi Michel-

The re-authorization worked and the module is now installed. There is a change to the linking menu as you mentioned earlier. The "Add New INSTEON Device" menu item now reads "Add New INSTEON/A10/X10 Device"

Thanks for all your help getting this to work.

-X

Hi Xathros,

The X10/A10 module doesn't add anything to the linking menu. After you select "New INSTEON Device", You'll find X10/A10 devices listed in the device type drop-down menu if it is installed. I believe you enter the X10 house/unit code in the address field.

Once added, it should show up in the tree.

I can confirm this being the case. I used capital letters, no spaces, in the address field (example "A8"). Once done, the x-10 devices shows up in the device list. I can move the x-10 devices to room folders and I can use them in programs. I cannot use them in scenes, which is consistent with my understanding of the design intention.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mbrett,

Apologies for a tardy reply.

To support thermostats (which are a little unlike other INSTEON devices), we had to basically redo most of the device management/communication/synchronization code. While going through this surgery, we also included some enhancements such as:

1. Fail safe/Atomic device linking: you can turn off ISY, take out the device, and ISY knows exactly where to start from the next time

2. Batch mode (Pro only): allows you to do all your configurations/linking without having to wait for each to complete before starting the other. When you are done with everything and with a press of a button ISY goes out and does everything. Combine this with 1, and then you will have a worry free installation regardless of what happens

3. Now the UI lets you know which device is being worked on using different icons

4. You can send notifications to different groups of email recipients

And more ...

All this said, we do need a few more days just to make sure we are not going to crash anyone's system. I am hoping Thursday 12/31.

Thanks so very much for your patience.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel, I hope I speak for the rest of us in that it's more reasonable to take the time and get the updates fully tested before release. (ie, don't rush it out on account of this forum.) You guys have done a spectacular job in improving this device, so I'd rather wait it out for updates than to prematurely install them and hope for another fix down the road. Besides, you've gotta have some time to enjoy the New Year, right? (thumbs up)

Michel, I hope I speak for the rest of us in that it's more reasonable to take the time and get the updates fully tested before release. (ie, don't rush it out on account of this forum.) You guys have done a spectacular job in improving this device, so I'd rather wait it out for updates than to prematurely install them and hope for another fix down the road. Besides, you've gotta have some time to enjoy the New Year, right? (thumbs up)

Michel:

Ditto!

To All: Let's not forget that when we bought our ISY's we were very excited about their capabilities at the point of purchase. They worked beyond our imaginations. The team at UDI have given us all these firmware updates AT NO CHARGE! Not that I'm trying to open a can of worms, but UDI is committed to the finest product they can produce and we benefit from it every day and every firmware update.

Thank you UDI team.

Joe

Create in haste; Repent in Leisure.

I'm really looking forward to all these new features. Am I correct (taking a hint from another thread) that 2.7.7/2 is now called 2.7.8? That would be good. I find it quite confusing that AFIK it is impossible to distinguish the various alpha and beta versions that float around, it would be helpful to me if you had a build number in the About box (for both the GUI and the firmware).