Release 3.2.6 Is Now Official

Michel,

I know that you guys are busy, but is there any date for the next release?

Also, I have a new Switchlinc 2-wire dimmer #2474DWH. It works, just OK. It fails to react to some scene changes. Is this going to be supported for itself, not just a Switchlinc?

Hello jesse.clauson,

I am so very sorry for missing your post.

This is a little troubling. Are you saying that the programs used to run even before backup/restore? The only thing I can think of was one of our beta releases (I think it was 3.2.4 or 3.2.5) had this problem in the Admin Console. Can you make sure that your UI version is 3.2.6 (Help | About)?

With kind regards,

Michel

• 2 weeks later...

Michel, yes the programs would run on the ISY just fine and respond just fine to the triggers for those programs. They just didn't show up in the summary or details tab in the admin console until i backed up and restored the ISY-99i. I can confirm I'm using 3.2.6 (Insteon_UD99 v.3.2.6 (2012-05-04-00:26:24)). Anyways, it seems to have resolved the issue by backup/restore.

The last time someone posted that error it was caused by adding the device, not waiting for the add to complete, rebooting ISY. There is a post in the last few weeks that Michel did with a telnet command to get rid of the device record if the device Insteon address is not already known to the ISY. Michel suggested clicking My Lighting, sorting on the address column to see if the address already exists.

Here is the link to the topic. About the 9th post into the topic from Michel.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9037&hilit=%2Fconf%2F

Does the ISY have a limit of how many links it can handle or are the number of links limited by how big a SD card is in the ISY? Why I ask is I can't add more scenes so if I increase the size of the SD card will this address it.

The 99i spec indicates 256 Devices/Scenes The 991 Pro spec indicates 1024 Devices/Scenes. I don't think the size of he SD card is the gating factor. The 2413 Dual Band PLM has a limit of approx 1000 link records. Which limit are you up against.

It's very strange I added some scenes, back the config up and the restored it and the scenes were lost. I then reloaded the firmware, cleared JAVA and reloaded the backup and the scenes appeared. I thought I had hit a limit. Everything is fine now. A blip in the night.

• 1 month later...

I was having problems with not detecting devices and I replace the Modem (2413S) I also updated to Release 3.2.6 (from 3.1.7). I am no longer having problems detecting devices but my Scenes can no longer be triggered from the ISY 99i. I have scenes that control a master switch and a number of slave switches. I have a program that turns on the scene and after the upgrade it no longer works. I manually turn on the scene in the ISY 99i and that does not work. If I use any of the Insteon switches outside of the ISY 99i in the scene it works. So the only problem is when triggering the scene from the ISY 99i. I have powered the device and modem off and on and the ISY 99i finds all the devices including the ones in the scenes. It just can’t control them. I have many scenes so I do not want to reprogram them all. Any suggestions?

William Bennett

Update

I had not done a Restore PLM. I did that and then power cycled the ISY99i and it it working now. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Just upgraded from 3.1.17 to 3.2.6. Didn't really need any new functionality, but wanted to get to the latest release.

My system has been working fine for a long time. However, after the upgrade, the shortcut I have on my taskbar to the 99i Admin Console doesn't work. I get the error "Unable to launch the application". Checking the properties of that shortcut, I see the target is this:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\javaws.exe -localfile "C:\Users\Johnny\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\40\47b1ff68-1ce1442e"

I'm assuming that since I cleared the Java cache after the upgrade, that link is no longer valid. Looking in Windows Explorer, I can see tons of folders under the new cache\6.0 folder. How do I either modify that shortcut target, or just create a new one?

If I go to My Lighting on my desktop, I can get to everything just fine.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Thanks