Removing links from dead switches

Audiosports

I just installed a 994i/ir pro and was hoping to clean up so old links from switches that have died and been replaced. I cannot find a way in the program to individually remove commands. From searching the forums, it seems a way to remove commands is to add them into the isy and then remove them, but that is not an option with a dead switch.

If I were to do a factory reset of my kpl and then do a restore through the isy , would that restore all the links that were previously stored in the kpl or just the links from my scenes in the isy?

Doing a Restore Device will rewrite all the link records the ISY believes should be in the KeypadLinc. If that includes links to the dead switch those will be restored.

It may be necessary to Delete the KeypadLinc, Factory reset and add it back. This will require the KeypadLinc buttons be added back to Scenes.

No, the switches expired along time ago and were replaced along time ago. So the dead switches were never programmed in the isy and their links never showed up in the scenes tree, but the links do show up under the device viewer. I just added the isy into the system to manage the links more efficiently than running back and forth and to use the replace function on upcoming dead switches.

Deleting the switches is not a very good option since that would require reseting 3kpl8, 2kpl6, and 3 switchlincs. I would be basically be starting over :(

Hello Audiosports,

I am a little confused as to what you are trying to achieve. Is your 994i new (you have not restored a 99i backup)? Also, you are trying to remove links from dead switches? If they are dead, what are we trying to remove? Also, what is a "device viewer"?

If ISY is new and if you have many devices that have links to already dead devices, I strongly suggest starting from scratch. As much the thought of manually removing and migrating links seems easy, but I guarantee you (it has proven time and time again) that starting from scratch takes less time, less headache, and less effort.

With kind regards,

Michel

I believe by device viewer he means the links table.

It sounds as though the links are also in the ISY links table and perhaps got there during an import of the device?

At any rate, it conceptually sounds like the same issue I had. Links in the ISY links table that do not correspond to a scene in ISY, basically orphan links. As far as I can tell, it is not possible to instruct ISY to delete individual links when they are not associated with a scene known to ISY.

Perhaps there is a way to do it telnetting into ISY and manually removing them rather than through the Java GUI.

Archived