Scene events

bsobel

I started playing with the iOS remote application Roomie since it has an ISY plugin and I've been looking for something fast for a few specific events (I usually use Mobilinc but it's not 'fast')

Anyhow, Roomie has the capability to send commands to scenes (scene on, off, fast on, fast off, etc). However is there any way in an ISY program to see this events? My list includes just items so unclear how to trigger a program on say a scene fast on. If this isn't supported today, is it something that is likely to be added? It seems it would be very convenient to send a scene a command versus a specific device (so if the scene membership changes the programming stays the same)

Thanks,

Bill

Michael,

I realize there is an issue with scene state, but not with scene control. If I send a scene a faston then the scene gets a fast on. That detection is what I'm asking for, does that help? The second part, what state is the scene in agree doesn't make sense since each members state can change after the control command.

Best,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Got it. It does make sense and we do actually trap that (if you look at the logs, you see the commands issued to the scene). The only problem is that this is only trapped when a scene is activated from an ISY client and not a controller within a scene. I guess this would still be OK, correct?

With kind regards,

Michel

Yes just the scene triggered by ISY would be useful. That said, I clearly don't understand part of the system. I thought the PLM was a scene member for every scene so I'm surprised you said you don't see the event when triggered by physical control of a scene member.

Thanks for the consideration, it would certainly be nice to not be coding in device ID's (which can change if a device fails) into Roomie and rather use scenes who's id's are basically static once created.

bsobel

The pressing of a button/paddle is seen by the PLM as that specific action.

If Control ‘kplbuttonC’ is switched On

Or

If Status ‘kplbuttonC’ is On

would be the Program statements to detect the event.

The button/paddle has a Scene/Group number different from that used by the PLM for control of the ISY Scene. Every time the discussion comes up about Scene Status there is never a consensus of what that means. However, your requirement looks at from the opposite side. Something like

If Control 'scenexxxx' is switched On/Off

addresses the requirement without getting into the discussion of what Scene "Status" should be. With the advent of more applications using REST this type of statement becomes useful.

Archived