Use TriggerLinc to flash KeypadLinc buttons?

Skymax

Hi All,

I'd like to use some Triggerlincs to monitor my fence gates and if left standing open, the triggerlinc would flash a particular button on my 8 button keypads. Flashing a light will work as well but I think it would be cooler to just flash the button on the keypadlinc if possible.

A KeypadLinc button can be defined as a Responder to a Scene and turn the Scene On/Off at some appropriate rate. However, flashing for more than a few seconds puts a lot of Insteon traffic on the powerline which can interfere with other Insteon activity. Flashing/blinking is not recommended.

I agree with LeeG. I would not do this due to the amount of insteon traffic needed. However, if you insist, I suggest a program. The logic (if not exact language) would be:

if status gate is open

then

repeat

turn keypad on

wait a few seconds

turn keypad off

wait a few seconds

else

turn keypad off

Kind of Cheesy (but I'm from Wisconsin). Use an Appliance link with an LED of some sort plugged in that flashes (only thing I can think of is a flashing Christmas tree light). Make a simple program that monitors the TRiggerlinc, when gate open turn AL on. When gate closed turn AL off.

aLf

Archived