OutletLinc help

GregE

Hey all,

I just got an OutletLinc 2473S to use in a protected outside wall outlet to control my landscape lights. How do I add it to my ISY99i? I tried doing it (and searching) but I can't turn it on using the admin console so I must have done something wrong. It does come on if I press the button on the outlet. So I want to delete it and install it again. I don't plan on a switch controlling it, just the ISY.

Thanks

Greg

Hey all,

I just got an OutletLinc 2473S to use in a protected outside wall outlet to control my landscape lights. How do I add it to my ISY99i? I tried doing it (and searching) but I can't turn it on using the admin console so I must have done something wrong. It does come on if I press the button on the outlet. So I want to delete it and install it again. I don't plan on a switch controlling it, just the ISY.

Thanks

Greg

Greg,

Have you confirmed that both legs of your electrical supply at the panel is properly coupled? This requires two dual band devices or a Access Point to complete this task. Also, have you confirmed all noise makers / suckers have been addressed?

Teken . . .

I went ahead and deleted it and added it back in by using the Start Linking. Last night it didn't work when I tries it that way. This time it worked and I can turn it on and off with MobileLinc so I am good to go.

Not sure what you mean about the noise makers / suckers. Can you explain so I know for next time?

Most homes have a split phase power. With 240 volts between the two Line Wires and 120 volts between either Line and Neutral. Insteon signals can have problems getting to the other phase. So that is why two Dual Band Devices or a hard wires coupler in the breaker box is recommended. So the signals can get to the other half of the homes wiring.

Noise makers and signal suckers. Many modern electronic devices generate noise on the power lines or have built in noise suppression for their internal electronics. Those suppressors absorb Insteon signals as to them it is noise.

A FilterLinc that is tuned to prevent the noise getting to the power lines or the device absorbing the Insteon power line signals. Some generic filters would also kill Insteon signals.

Archived