Trouble accessing ISY99IR

ResIpsa

I am getting Java errors when I try to access the admin console on my desktop PC (Windows 7, 64-bit). I tried updating both my 32-bit and 64-bit Java, trying it three different browsers (IE, Chrome, and Firefox), and clearing my Java cache. No matter what I do, I continue to see the same error. I then tried accessing the ISY through the UD support page, but I get this error message:

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3.2.6/admin.jnlp

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResource(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResource(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.updateFinalLaunchDesc(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

By the way, the ISY does appear to be operating normally. All programs are running as expected, and I am able to see device status when I open MobiLinc on my iPhone, but only when I'm on my home wifi (that may be a separate issue).

Any idea what's going on?

Also, in your Java settings, do you have a proxy configured ? If so, try setting that to "Direct Connection" and see if it makes a difference. I'm not sure exactly where to look on Win7 but on my MAC, it's in the Java Preferences, Network Tab, Network Settings Button. I would imagine it's something very similar in the Java Control Panel on Win7.

Hope this helps.

-Xathros

What Antivirus / Firewall software are you using ?

Norton 360. I tried disabling both the Smart Firewall and the Autovirus, but I continue to see the same Java error.

In addition to the good question of firewall, please also let me know what URL you are using to access ISY.

I typically access the ISY through http://192.168.11.10/WEB/INDEX.HTM. From there I click on the "Admin Console" link. I get the error message after I click that link. (By the way, the error window says, "ClassNotFoundException", and the detail says, "com.universaldevices.client.ui.UDClientApplet.class".) I get the same error if I try navigating directly to http://192.168.11.10/admin.

Also, in your Java settings, do you have a proxy configured ? If so, try setting that to "Direct Connection" and see if it makes a difference. I'm not sure exactly where to look on Win7 but on my MAC, it's in the Java Preferences, Network Tab, Network Settings Button. I would imagine it's something very similar in the Java Control Panel on Win7.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I do not have a proxy set up.

Tim

Michel, I tried this again (it generates the error quoted in my original post), but it still doesn't work. After it failed, I uninstalled all traces of Java from my PC, rebooted, and then reinstalled from a fresh download of the Java client. Same result. :cry:

Hi Tim,

Please try http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/admin.jnlp ... if this works, then it seems that either:

1. Your last upgrade was not successful

2. File system problems

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi, Michel. Last night I defragged the hard drive and ran a registry scanner (no errors), but unfortunately nothing has changed.

I am running 64-bit Windows 7 SP1. I currently have only the 32-bit Java installed because I do not use a 64-bit browser (I did have both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions installed previously). My Java is version 7 update 5.

I just tried accessing the ISY (192.168.11.10/admin) through the Safari browser. I got a more detailed Java error which reads:

The Java Runtime Environment cannot be loaded from

After getting that message, I explored my Java folder and found that I don't even have a \server\ directory in the JavaFX 2.1 Runtime\bin directory.

Tim

Rolling my Java back to version 6 update 31 (which I still had an old copy of) seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the suggestion, Tim.

Hello Tim,

There have been some reports on this forum that Java 7 caused issues and the advice was to downgrade to version 6.

Tim

Michel, I think the "javafx~1.ru" is simply a truncated name. Nevertheless, I will run a full system scan with both Norton and Malwarebytes to confirm that my system is not infected.

Hi Tim,

I think you have a virus!

JAVAFX~1.RU looks like a virus and not something from Java.

With kind regards,

Michel

As I said, rolling my Java back to Version 6 fixed my problems. Unfortunately, I was forced to update again yesterday to access my work computer from home (using GoToMyPC). So now I'm back at Version 7 Update 5. I just tried accessing the ISY again, and while I do see the administrative console come up (which it it did not do before I downgraded and the re-upgraded), I get the following two error messages:

parse.jpg

socket.jpg

Oh, and I did run a deep virus scan in Safe Mode using Norton 360, but did not come up with any infections. Malwarebytes also came up clean.

Archived