How to setup isy to use I/O Linc 2450 control insteon device

satwar

I have manually (holding set button) linked an I/O Linc 2450 to an insteon relay switch 2466S.

But I would like to configure same logic in ISY. I suspect I need to create a scene, but I can't figure out how to add the I/O Linc 2450 device. I tried just creating a new insteon device but the isy doesn't do anything

First, what level ISY firmware is being used?

To add the I/O Linc, use New INSTEON Device. Enter the Insteon address in the Address field, a name of your choice in the Name field, leave the Device Type as Auto Discover. If this is a new I/O Linc (acquired after March 2012) the ISY needs to be at 3.2.6 or higher.

Need to know how the I/O Linc and ToggleLinc Relay will interact. Was not clear if the I/O Linc Sensor should turn On the ToggleLinc or the ToggleLinc should turn On the I/O Linc Relay.

As an FYI, Set button links should not be done when using an ISY. The ISY is not aware of these links and will eventually overlay or delete them.

I'm using 3.2.6

the i/o Linc will turn the togglerelay on/off based on the sensor status wired to the i/o linc

I guess the first thing is to clear the togglelink and i/o linc to their factory settings ?

I had no luck getting the isy to discover the i/o linc, but will try again.

If the ToggleLinc has already been added to the ISY before the Set button link was created, then a factory reset and a Restore Device to rebuild the link database.

If the ToggleLinc has not been added to the ISY using the default 'erase existing links' will clear the Set button link when the ToggleLinc is added to the ISY. Same with the I/O Linc.

Run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer with Level 3. Then run New INSTEON Device to add the I/O Linc. It sounds like the plug point for the I/O Linc is not able to reach the ISY PLM. Could be interference, could be phase coupling issue. The I/O Linc can be plugged into the same outlet as the ISY PLM for the New INSTEON Device which would eliminate the potential problems with the I/O Linc plug point.

Once the both devices are successfully added, use one ISY Scene. Add the I/O Linc Sensor as a Controller and the ToggleLinc as a Responder. That will allow the I/O Linc Sensor to control the ToggleLinc.

Archived