Windows 8/RT/Windows Phone 8

ISYhbsh01

Thanks for your reply. I will be watching the market too before I would make a change to a Windows phone/tablet.

Still, in my opinion it's not a question of "if" it will be a three-way race but "when". While the old legacy Windows apps designed for Windows 7 and below won't work on Windows RT, apps designed for Windows RT will work on the full version of windows 8. So in my opinion it's only a matter of time before most of the big Windows software companies will come to the inevitable conclusion "Why not develop the next version of our Windows product for Windows RT and kill two birds at once; it will work on both, a tablet as well as on a regular PC (with Windows 8 and above)". Once that starts happening, guess which platform will have the most apps... While there is no definitive number of how many legacy Windows applications there are out there, I would guess that even if only 25% of them port over their programs to work with Windows RT the platform will have more apps than iOS & Android combined.

Perhaps at that point in time In a year or two from now, with even more powerful phone processors available than we have today, Microsoft will combine the tablet/desktop OS with the phone OS. Once that happens, there is no question on who will dominate the market. The way I see it, the day is not far off when we will see a full blown program like QuickBooks running on a windows phone. With Intuit, the company that owns QuickBooks, just having to write a single version, which will be compatible with all three form factors: The PC, the tablet, and the phone.

That’s how I see it. Off course there are many people who see it differently, not to mention the iOS and Android fanbuys out there...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I just got a new Windows 8 laptop. Using "ipaddress/99i/admin.jnlp" I got the icon installed on the desktop as well as pinned it to the "metro start screen" or whatever that's called, without issue.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

• 7 months later...

Not Windows 8 but I would certainly pay for a windows version of Mobilinc! I have a home security camera system that runs on a Windows 7 PC and use that to manage my ISY as well. Would be great to have a Windows version of Mobilinc HD to be the frontend/control for both!

Thanks,

Don

Archived