Can't get the virtual 3 way to work?

jeff000

There are four screens that might show both SwitchLincs

Clicking on My Lighting may have both SwitchLincs on the same screen depending on the naming convention.

Clicking the Scene name

Clicking on the first Red SwitchLinc node name below the Scene name

Clicking on the second Red SwitchLinc node name below the Scene name

Do the following:

From ISY main screen:

1) Click on the scene name in the left hand pane

2) You should see the scene pop up in the right hand pane. At the bottom you should see several buttons (on, fast on, off, fast off, etc)

3) Click back and forth on/ off giving a few seconds between clicks. Both switchlink LED's should ramp up/down at the desired ramp rate and to the desired on level. Also, the light fixture itself should match.

Let us know what happens.

There are four screens that might show both SwitchLincs

Clicking on My Lighting may have both SwitchLincs on the same screen depending on the naming convention.

Clicking the Scene name

Clicking on the first Red SwitchLinc node name below the Scene name

Clicking on the second Red SwitchLinc node name below the Scene name

I'm not sure where My Lighting is?

But all the other screens have the 2s ramp rate.

Do the following:

From ISY main screen:

1) Click on the scene name in the left hand pane

2) You should see the scene pop up in the right hand pane. At the bottom you should see several buttons (on, fast on, off, fast off, etc)

3) Click back and forth on/ off giving a few seconds between clicks. Both switchlink LED's should ramp up/down at the desired ramp rate and to the desired on level. Also, the light fixture itself should match.

Let us know what happens.

Doing this everything works as it should.

Even when I push the physical on or off with the virtual switch the leds on the switch ramp over the 2s, but the actual lights turn on or off fast.

It's just the virtual switch, I wonder if it is a bad switch?

It is the Responder link record (starts with A2) in the Load controlling SwitchLinc that has the Ramp Rate being used when the Virtual SwitchLinc instructs the Load controlling SwitchLinc to turn On.

Right click the Load control SwitchLinc, select Diagnostics | Show Device Links Table. This will display the link records in the Load control SwitchLinc. When the display is complete click the Compare button. Post the image with the Compare results and the Insteon address of the Virtual SwitchLinc.

Even when I push the physical on or off with the virtual switch the leds on the switch ramp over the 2s, but the actual lights turn on or off fast.

I can't say that I have ever seen a load switch have its led's ramp up slowly but yet have the actual load come on instantly. Other than a defective switch, I don't know why that would happen.

I can't say that I have ever seen a load switch have its led's ramp up slowly but yet have the actual load come on instantly. Other than a defective switch, I don't know why that would happen.

I thought we were talking about the ramp rate of a "virtual switch". I understood "virtual switch" as one which does not directly power the load. If true, it is absolutely possible that a virtual switch could have a 2-second ramp rate when the switch controlling the load has zero ramp rate.

“But the load switch is the only one that ramps.

The virtural switch just turns the lights on fast, although the leds on the switch move at the slower ramp speed.â€

Pressing the paddle on the Virtual SwitchLinc will cause its LEDs to ramp according to its Local Ramp Rate setting. The Load SwitchLinc will ramp the load according to the ramp rate value stored in the Responder link record in the Load SwitchLinc that matches the Virtual SwitchLinc Insteon address. Two different values located in the two SwitchLincs. The Local Ramp Rate in the Virtual SwitchLinc can be different from the Responder Ramp Rate in the Load SwitchLinc link record.

That is why I asked for the Show Device Link Table of the Load SwitchLinc as that is where the value affecting the load ramp speed is stored.

OK, I think I am not reading what jeff wrote correctly.

I had asked the question:

"Click back and forth on/ off giving a few seconds between clicks. Both switchlink LED's should ramp up/down at the desired ramp rate and to the desired on level. Also, the light fixture itself should match."

And am not sure that is what is answered refers to "both".

Archived