Release 3.3.8 (RC5) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

You need to take a look at the results of clicking on the links in your post about the Java problem. They are not working. I get errors on both links. Nothing downloads from Safari or Firefox. It also sounds like Apple is about to shut down Java and then none of us will be able to get into our ISYs. Please post a workaround for downloading these elements. Thanks.

PS - I am running 3.2.6 but when I disable Java in my browsers, I'm locked out of my ISY, so I have no choice but to leave Java there and hope it works and that Apple doesn't turn it off as MacRumors says they were going to.

Michael missed an i in the 99 part of the url

put that i in there and you are good to get the dashboard.

http://isy.universal-devices.com/99i/3. ... board.jnlp

However, my windows 8 machine won't actually run it as it says it has no program, even though Java is installed. What is the actual application path and file name that would run the dashboard.jnlp program?

Thanks for catching the typo. That works now, but only from my own network. I was trying to get into my ISY from out of town. If anyone has any ideas on how to do that without Java, please post. Apple has definitely shut it down for all Mac users as of this afternoon.

Hi johncrab,

arw01 is 100% correct. I missed the 'i' in 99i ... it has been corrected.

I am not sure if Apple can shut anything down remotely unless you install an update of some sort (of which I am not yet aware). If they can indeed shut down Java remotely on your computer, then I would consider that even more of a threat (and privacy) issue than Java itself.

Can you tell me exactly what problem you are having?

With kind regards,

Michel

I am able to get into my ISY now locally using the link you provided. I was trying to do it form out of town and that just no longer works. The Java Plugin method worked fine until Apple blocked the plugin yesterday. What they did was update their file of nasty things to look for with a line of code which does not let the plug in run unless it is version XX.YY and they set that version number higher than any existing version. It quite effectively keeps every Mac from using the plugin. THis is a function of OS X which works in background to allow Apple to quarantine and block nasty things out there.

So for the time being, problem solved. Now Oracle just needs to fix the plugin and get that out to all users. When the Dept. of Homeland Security (the people who frisk me with dirty gloves in airports and harass me at freeway checkpoints) send out a dire warning, it has to be a very serious issue. These people are not (in my opinion) all that swift about anything and for them to go to DEFCON 4 on this is somewhat alarming.

But your links are working. I added them as bookmarks and in a way, I prefer going to the Admin Console this way as to through the plugin. It requires more "stuff" out there be working perfectly though and gives me less independence so there is the trade-off, but it works.

It looks like we are all back in business. I tried this work-arouind using the links you provided and it gave me a "not found" error. Then I got a popup telling me that Java V7, Update 11 was available. I had to go to java.com to download and install it but after I did I was able to get into my ISY the normal way from my own network as well as form the outside world too. Looks like Larry Ellison really lit a fire over this.

Java updated to Version7 Update 11 as of today.

I've noticed in the java applet admin console, 'current state' of devices all seem blank.

Also I cannot access the admin and dashboard java jnlp apps.. I've tried running from the udi site, saving, running from my isy, saving from my isy. All result in a big application error 'Unable to launch the application'.

Clicking details shows:

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://isy.universal-devices.com/99i/3. ... board.jnlp

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine._downloadCacheEntry(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResourceCacheEntry(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResource(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.updateFinalLaunchDesc(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Just recently purchased the 994i/pro to upgrade from the 99i/pro. I had updated the 99i to firmware 3.3.8 and all was working fine. I just replaced my 99i with the new 994i/pro and thought all was well until I noticed that I am no longer getting real time status of off or on status with any of my Insteon modules. I have to query the item to get it's status. Also I noticed that some of my programs are no longer working properly. I have a motion that tuns an outside light on with a program to turn the light off after ten minutes but the light stays on. I am using the same PLM that I had on the 99i and I did a restore PLM but no change. I loaded the new 994i/pro from a backup done just before removing the 99i/pro. Don't know what to do next. Everything was fine till going to the 994i/pro.

I guess I should have left everything alone with the 99i/pro because I had that working for a very long time with no problems.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Just updated Java to 7u11 and now the admin / dashboard icons do not work. The error message is "The item `javaws.exe` that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly".

When I re-run the previously downloaded jnlp's I can access the admin console but they do not create the icons again. For now I am just running admin.jnlp directly in order to access the isy.

I tried to attach the error message but I get the following error "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached".

Java updated to Version7 Update 11 as of today.

I've noticed in the java applet admin console, 'current state' of devices all seem blank.

Also I cannot access the admin and dashboard java jnlp apps.. I've tried running from the udi site, saving, running from my isy, saving from my isy. All result in a big application error 'Unable to launch the application'.

Clicking details shows:

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: http://isy.universal-devices.com/99i/3. ... board.jnlp

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine._downloadCacheEntry(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResource(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.updateFinalLaunchDesc(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I got blank status too after the Update 11 installed. Shut down your browser and any Java applets running in the dock and restart the browser. Then go back into the dashboard and then admin console from there. That cleared it up for me and everything has been fine. It also worls faster than V7, U10

You're right, although I had previously closed my browser(s), cleared java cache, etc with no luck. But a reboot of my notebook and status is reporting again.

However still cannot launch the admin console or dashboard java apps. the applet runs Ok.

Wondering if it's a security setting of some sort with the recent security issues.

Is there a way to capture LED brightness commands in the Log? For some reason they never appear although all other commands appear to. I attached ( hope) a short log file which spanned the period where a program to set the LED brightness on two KPLs was executed.

JMC

The event trace did not get posted.

Note that the ISY will not send the LED Backlight level commands to the KPL if it has already set those values. To be sure the commands are traced change the Program statement(s) to some other LED Backlight level, Save and then run Program.

Just recently purchased the 994i/pro to upgrade from the 99i/pro. I had updated the 99i to firmware 3.3.8 and all was working fine. I just replaced my 99i with the new 994i/pro and thought all was well until I noticed that I am no longer getting real time status of off or on status with any of my Insteon modules. I have to query the item to get it's status. Also I noticed that some of my programs are no longer working properly. I have a motion that tuns an outside light on with a program to turn the light off after ten minutes but the light stays on. I am using the same PLM that I had on the 99i and I did a restore PLM but no change. I loaded the new 994i/pro from a backup done just before removing the 99i/pro. Don't know what to do next. Everything was fine till going to the 994i/pro.

I guess I should have left everything alone with the 99i/pro because I had that working for a very long time with no problems.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

denisric-

I was just reading back through this thread and I didn't see anyone else reply to this. Are you still having a problem with this? If so, I expect what happened is that your new 994 has a different IP address on your local network than the 99 had and your AV/Firewall need to be told not to block this new address. You can confirm this by disabling the AV/Firewall for a moment to test. If this resolved the problem, then you need to add the new ISY's IP address to the Trusted Zone/List of your AV/Firewall.

-Xathros