Re: Release 3.3.10 (RC7) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

yesterday I upgraded from 3.3.9 to 3.3.10 and after the update the browser closed but I could not reconnect to ISY. Cleared the cache, tried connecting over a span of about 5 mins but kept getting browser timeout. I went down to the ISY where the PWR, TX and RX were steady on. Pull the plug, waited a few secs, and plugged it back in. Everything was fine after. Upgrade did work and nothing was lost but thought I would mention it.

I've seen this numerous times with my new 994iz units. My older 99i's never did this. Perchance are you on the newer hardware as well?

yesterday I upgraded from 3.3.9 to 3.3.10 and after the update the browser closed but I could not reconnect to ISY. Cleared the cache, tried connecting over a span of about 5 mins but kept getting browser timeout. I went down to the ISY where the PWR, TX and RX were steady on. Pull the plug, waited a few secs, and plugged it back in. Everything was fine after. Upgrade did work and nothing was lost but thought I would mention it.

I've seen this numerous times with my new 994iz units. My older 99i's never did this. Perchance are you on the newer hardware as well?

This has been happening with my 994iZ/IR PRO.

Hi bsobel,

I have seen this type of lock-up with my i99 IR Pro. I had also noticed that I seem to get the lock-up if I try to access the admin console within a short time after ISY shuts down after loading new firmware. I setup a program to notify me that ISY has been rebooted.

I don't know if accessing ISY too soon after restart can cause the lockup but I don't seem to get the lock-up anymore now that I wait until I receive my "ISY was Rebooted" text message before attempting to access the admin console.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using Firefox 18.0.2 on a MacBook Pro OSX 10.8.2. I'm having an issue when logging into my ISY. I can move my cursor around, but clicking isn't registering. For the login username and password, it does respond and log me in when I hit return, but not when I click OK or Cancel. Once I'm in, I can't click on anything in there, either.

I just updated to the latest Java version, which I believe is Version 13.

Please help?

Hi Kate,

Shortcut is a bug with Java 1.7 not being able to show .png icons.

Workaround Courtesy of Xathros:

1) Open Java preferences and clear the cache (Including applications)

2) Connect to the website and download admin.jnlp: http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/admin.jnlp (Save this to the applications folder or desktop)

3) Double click the admin.jnlp from step 2 (inside applications folder). This will download the applet into Java cache, complain about not being able to create a shortcut, the run normally.

Then, all you need to do is to create an alias in the application folder and put on your desktop or open directly from the applications folder.

With kind regards,

Michel

We do not have a Ping function.

Other than the fact that the ISY will respond to a ping sent from a computer or other network device.

-Xathros

Archived