Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GPG

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GPG

  1. I ran the install again and took this from the terminal. pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo curl -sSL http://automationshack.com/Files/install.sh | bash ### Installing dirmngr and updating to offical mono repo dirmngr is already the newest version (2.1.18-8~deb9u4). 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.hwRmb9J9Lc/gpg.1.sh --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 3FA7E0328081BFF6A14DA29AA6A19B38D3D831EF gpg: key A6A19B38D3D831EF: 2 signatures not checked due to missing keys gpg: key A6A19B38D3D831EF: "Xamarin Public Jenkins (auto-signing) <releng@xamarin.com>" not changed gpg: Total number processed: 1 gpg: unchanged: 1 deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian raspbianstretch main ### Updating System - this may take several minutes All packages are up to date. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. ### Installing mono and relevant dependencies - this may take several minutes libmono-system-net-http-formatting4.0-cil is already the newest version (5.18.1.0-0xamarin4+raspbian9b1). libmono-system-net-http-webrequest4.0-cil is already the newest version (5.18.1.0-0xamarin4+raspbian9b1). libmono-system-net-http4.0-cil is already the newest version (5.18.1.0-0xamarin4+raspbian9b1). mono-vbnc is already the newest version (4.7-0xamarin1+raspbian9b1). 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. ### Creating directory ### Downloading NodeLink ### Modifying startup script ### Starting NodeLink ### Install complete. Login to NodeLink at http://192.168.1.252:8090 pi@raspberrypi:~ $ Cannot open assembly '/home/pi/node/NodeLink.exe': File does not contain a valid CIL image.
  2. That's what I am trying to do - install it on a Raspberry pi.
  3. Debian 9 on raspberry Pi 3 B+
  4. I am having a problem installing NodeLink. OS is ver 9. Used the following command via putty. sudo curl -sSL http://automationshack.com/Files/install.sh | bash At the end of the installation the console shows the following 3 lines: ### Starting NodeLink ### Install complete. Login to NodeLink at http://192.168.1.252:8090 Cannot open assembly 'home/pi/node/NodeLink.exe' File does not contain a valid CIL image. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can start to track down this problem?
  5. I upgraded from 4.6.2 to 5.0.13A. I currently have about 40 Insteon devices (Wall Switches, Plug-ins, Motion Sensors, Tstats and KPL’s). All came over without a problem. The Z-Wave dongle also installed without a problem. So far I have installed the following Z-Wave Plus units: Aerotec Smart Switch 6, Aerotec MultiSensor 6, GE Plug-In Dimmer and a HomeSeer WD-200 Wall Dimmer. I am entirely new to Z-Wave so I am going through a bit of a learning curve. For example, I finally figured out I had to add both the dimmer switch and the dimming control to the scenes in order to get different dimming levels on the WD-200 switch. The results thus far are very positive. Reception is better than I expected.
  6. Hi Michel, Like ronbo, I am also missing scenes. I use two major folders and then sub-folders for my scenes, with the exception of one scene which is not in any folder. I have quickly looked at my rest/nodes output and I see a pattern where if group flag = 4 they are missing, and those with a group flag = 132 show up.
  7. Michel, My Echo is on back order and I can't wait for it to arrive. I just wanted to say how gratifying it is to see the enthusiasm and dedication you and the UDI staff have demonstrated over the years to make the ISY product line so great. Thanks for outstanding support, George
  8. Hi Michel, My rain reporting has also often been missing. I am glad to hear some improvement may be forthcoming. Is there any estimate for when the transition will be completed? Edit: Sorry I posted before I saw your reply. Thanks, George
  9. Ok, Now I am showing UI as v4.0.5 Everything seems to be working fine. Many thanks, for your help.
  10. Insteon_UD994 v.3.3.3 (2012-10-03-15:23.54)
  11. LeeG, I am also having the same problem with a newly purchased 2334-222. My ISY is a 994/IR Pro at v.4.0.5 After my first attempt to link the KPL, following your suggestions I : Deleted the unit Made a Backup Factory Reset the KPL Unplugged the ISY and PLM After 30 sec, plugged the ISY and PLM back in Tried to link the KPL again, with auto detect The KPL shows up with all 8 nodes, but the type is "Unsupported Device 1.65" If I attempt to add a button to a scene, it will only add as a responder (no choice is provided).
  12. I would like to see an improvement in the reported rain data. In my area (Long Island, NY) the reported rain rates are often not reported or obviously incorrect. I have tried different local stations, but I still can't seem to get reliable data.
  13. GPG replied to GPG's topic in ISY994
    Michel, Please, feel free to include it in the Wiki.
  14. I finally got the WF2IR to work. I came across this earlier post that got me pointed in the right direction: http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=4789 I must say that between the ISY Network Module and the Global Cache WF2IR hardware and software, for me, there was a fairly steep learning curve. And that is just to get it all to work. Here are some items I learned that may be helpful to someone not familiar with the Network Module or the WF2IR. If you want to use an IR Blaster, the WF2IR must have connection 3 set for IR Blaster. To check or change this, log into the WF2IR using its IP and the credentials you selected when you first added it the network. The Global Cache configuration screen appears where you can select Infrared from the menu, and change the setting for connection 3 to IR Blaster. iLearn Download the iLearn utility from the Global Cache site. There is also a short iLearn turorial available. Run the iLearn utility. Select “iTach Learner†from the drop down list under “IR Learner†Enter the IP Address of the WF2IR Click the Connect Button If successful, a Disconnect Button will replace the Connect Button. Under Capture Options, set the Connector to 3 for the IR Blaster. I left all other Capture Options to their default values. Hold the remote 1/4" from the hole on the back of the WF2IR. Press the button you want to capture, just once. In about a second the code should appear in the Edit View window. If it does not, press the remote button again, until it does. Once it does, Enter something in the Button Name box. Press the Trim Button, to eliminate extra code. Now you'll see a "Send IR" button which you can use to test the capture. Leave the Save format to "GlobalCache". Press the "Save Data" button and the code appears in the Results menu. Press "New File" to save the code into a new text file to cut/paste later. Note: the code you saved does not yet have the CR/LF. Create the Network Resource: Log into the ISY and select the Networking Module. You only have to work with the Network Resources Tab. Select "ADD" and enter something in the name field (like TV ON). Click on the field to the right where the "n/a" shows up. This opens the Resource Editor. Change Protocol from http to TCP using the drop down. You will get a warnng message, if the Host field is empty. Click ok.. Enter the IP of the WF2IR in the Host Box Change the port to 4998. Change Mode to C-Escaped. From the text file saved above, copy the code string beginning with “sendir†to the end. Paste the string (using CTL-V, Right mouse click does not work) into the Body box. Click on the end of the string and append: ,\r,\l Click the Update Button. The code will now appear in the Actual box. Click Save. You can not test it by clicking on the "Test Button" The code will be sent and a Resource Response window will open up, showing a completion or error code. The Network Resource is now available to ISY programs, under Action. The Network Resources Export function is also helpful. I downloaded the GC100_RELAYS.ZIP file from the ISY WIKI and compared the files to my own. Although the WIKI files are for the relays, it gave me some insight as to which choices to make in creating the IR Network Resource.
  15. Having the Hunter controller would not be a bad idea, since it would always be available as a backup should the EZflora fail at some point. But you will absolutely love controlling the system with the ISY. I've been running the unit (it was called EZrain when I bought it) for several years and have had excellent reliability. I had a rain sensor at one point, but now rely on information from WeatherBug entirely. The system skips watering if there has been heavy rain the day before or light rain since midnight. That's as complex as I need, but the possibilities are endless. As Mark stated, having the ability to use a remote is cool, but I also find it very useful when fine tuning the sprinkler heads. It save a lot of trips back and forth to the controller between adjustments. An additional advantage I find is the ability to control the system remotely from either my work computer or Blackberry handheld. Good Luck, -George
  16. GPG replied to ryarber's topic in ISY994
    ryarber, In my area the sprinkler will not be activated until next month, but I have been doing some testing in the mean time. Since the Weatherbug info resets at midnight, it is easy to prevent the sprinkler system from running if the rainfall during the early morning has been over a certain amount, say 1/8". I also want to be able to determine if the rainfall the previous day has been say more than 1/4" regardless of whether it rained since midnight. I run a program to test for this at the end of each day, then incorporate this in my run sprinkler program. Anther thought I had was to use the temperature to trigger which sprinkler program runs, one for 20min on cool days and one for 30min on hot days. Another idea would be to run a second watering in the afternoon on days where the temperature exceeds say 95 degrees. By the way, I am sort of getting used to using programs as variables, but it would be so much nicer, if we had some ability to store real boolean and integer values. I know this was mentioned a long time ago, and must be really far down on the priority list, but it is still on my wish list. thanks, George
  17. Thanks for the Mike. I received the T1700 and Insteon Adapter and set it up using an external 24v AC transformer. I can now monitor the house temperature when away from home and where necessary run/stop programs. It's a little expensive for a thermometer, but it works very well. And I still have the option of using T1700 for its intended purpose. -George.
  18. I have some questions regarding temperature monitoring: 1- To just monitor the current temperature via the internet could the T1700 + Insteon Adapter be used, if powered by a 24v AC transformer? I would prefer to have my existing thermostat control the heating/cooling system. 2- Is it necessary to have an ISY program constantly running and doing a query on the thermostat (say every 15 minutes, for example) ? 3- If you were to log in remotely where does the current value of the temperature show up? Does it show up under Devices or do you have to go to the Administrative Console? thanks, George
  19. Chris, Thank you again for your explanation. I must apologize for not actually testing the from/to operation on the interface, before asking the question. If I had, I would have seen the same day/next day... options appear. This of course makes things a lot clearer. I have not used this particular program format before, but I can see some very good uses for it. Thanks, George.
  20. Chris, Thanks for the examples. I can see how an earlier TO time will get evaluated as of the next day. But... I was fascinated by the original example with the FROM 12:00:00AM and TO 12:00:00AM. My brain is still arguing with me that the program should be false at say 12:01:00 AM Saturday instead of not until 12:00 AM Sunday as the original example indicates. I know I am being a little thick about this, but I only see the Friday True interval as being: [FROM Friday 12:00:00am TO Saturday 12:00:00am]. What is the program evaluating at say 12:01 am Saturday such that the condition is still true? Thanks, George
  21. And is it correct that this would evaluate to False on Saturday at 12:00am If On Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri From 12:00:00AM To 11:59:00PM Then - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')
  22. GPG replied to Sub-Routine's topic in ISY994
    I would also like to take a moment to thank everyone at UDI for doing a fantastic job in ISY development and especially outstanding support. Best holiday wishes to all. -George.
  23. Now that 2.5 is almost complete, could we get an update to the Docs for these important features? Currently under Help/User Guide in the GUI there is no mention of "Remove PLM". The UDI Wiki seems more current, but can be confusing the first time you are trying to go through the procedure. Restore Modem (PLM) states: "This operation is most useful in case of a defective PLM and when ISY is rebooted with a new PLM." Remove Modem (PLM) states: "This function is useful when you need to remove or replace a PLM modem". I understand that it is normal for the documentation to lag the program changes, and in most instances that is not a problem, but for this topic, I think it would very helpful to have current, clear and consistent procedures outlined in the user help docs for all backup, restore and update functions. Thanks, George
  24. EHX

    GPG replied to upstatemike's topic in ISY994
    MikeB, Thanks for the great report. Excellent pictures. -George.
  25. Not a problem. Actually I am very glad you mentioned it , because it gave me a chance to try it out. I am constantly impressed with how resilient the ISY is in allowing the user to recover from problems, whether an ISY bug or user error. It really encourages experimentation. -George

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.