Everything posted by GPG
-
One LampLinc goes dead after each beta update
Unfortunately I already did the swap before checking the forum tonight. Yes, I ran into a few problems, including my LL dying on me while doing the swap. But the good news is, that I was able to accomplish the swap after tinkering with restore ISY, restore modem and a few restore devices. I never did have to recreate any of the links or scenes manually. This is really going to be a great tool and a time saver. I do suggest we have a "How to posting" or a WIKI article to more fully explain how works and what happens. Thanks, George
-
One LampLinc goes dead after each beta update
Sub-Routine, Yes it is old. Actually, this one and the other "00" LL I have are among the very first Insteon devices I purchased. Last night when I got home, I noticed that it happened again. A plain unplug/wait/plugin brings it back to life. I did perform a factory reset a couple of weeks ago after loading an update. Thanks for reminding me about the Replace option (I haven't tried that yet). I should have time tonight to make the swap. It does look like it is on the way out. The lockups are much more frequent now. I am going to hook it up to a test lamp and maybe I can "help" it along. At least this problem appears to have nothing to do with the Beta or the update process. Thanks, George.
-
One LampLinc goes dead after each beta update
After testing out some new programs yesterday I had the same LL lockup. I did not have to reboot the ISY, but did create a lot of traffic on the line. Could it be that the LL is beginning to fail and is not reacting well to heavy traffic? This might explain why I have only noticed this problem after loading new beta's with the subsequent ISY reboot. So it is probably just a coincidence about the 00 addresses, especially since only one of the LL's with the leading 00 has had the problem. I will definitely swap out this LL for one of my newer ones and see what happens. Thanks, George
-
One LampLinc goes dead after each beta update
Bingo on the 00 address. The Lamplinc in question has an address of 00.5e.xx and is v23. I have another LL with address of 00.5e.xx v23 without this problem. All my other Lamplincs are xx.xx.xx v28. I also have a Switchlinc dimmer with address xx.00.xx v24 without this problem. This last occured when I updated to 2.4.13 this morning.
-
One LampLinc goes dead after each beta update
I have six others which have never had this problem. One immediate step I was considering is to swap one of the other ones to this location and see what happens.
-
One LampLinc goes dead after each beta update
After each of the last few beta updates I loaded, one of my Lamplincs seems to die. After the update has finished and I reopen the console, it shows up with the "can not communicate" error message. When I check the LL, the LED is off. I unplug/replug the unit and it comes back to life. I then do a device recover and all is well again. I passed this off as a communication problem in the past, and maybe it is, but I notice that it has been constent and may indicate some other problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?
-
how many links?
Mark and Michel, Thanks for considering adding the EZRain, but I did not mean to suggest that the tool should be modified, because it certainly covers most of the popular devices. I was just looking for a category to use for a reasonable estimate of the EZRain devices. I currently have one EZRain, EZIO2X4 and EZIO8SA. If I knew that each input used 1 link and each relay used 2 links, for example, I could make the manual calculation and add it to the tool's total count for a more precise calculation. Thanks, George.
-
how many links?
Mark, That's a great tool. Thanks for working on it. Where would the EZIO stuff fit in? For example, would including my EZRain as an Eight Button KPL give a reasonable approximation (there are eight relays)? Also, the EZIO8SA has 8 relays as well as 4 inputs and the EZIO2X4 has 2 inputs and 4 relays. These devices begin to add up very quickly. Thanks, George
-
What is everyone doing for X10?
Good choice. It covers all bases.
-
What is everyone doing for X10?
I would prefer format 'A'. I would not object if it was even simplified more: from: Or X10 'A.2.3 - On' is Received to: Or X10 'A.2 - On' is Received Just as long as the meaning of the code (On, Fast On, Off, etc.) is included.
-
X10 Finally clause
I just used that as an example. The lamp remains on. Why doesn't the finally clause execute and turn the lamp off? Thanks, George
-
X10 Finally clause
Is the finally clause meant to work with x10 as in the following example? Is something else required? If Receive X10 House Code 'L' Unit Code '7' Command '3 - On' Then Set 'Office - Test LL' On Finally Wait 10 seconds Set 'Office - Test LL' Off
-
X10
Chris, Both the PLM and ISY blink but the ISY rx & tx LEDS only blink faintly. My program for my AC works very reliably. Also, the blue LED on the EZRain does not blink with the ISY but does blink and work with my x10 remote. I have the EZRain and AC on different circuits, so it may be my problem, but in either event the ISY does not appear to be communicating with the EZRain.
-
EZrain
Mark, Here is what I have been running. As a side benefit, if the sprinkler sequence starts running and you want to cancel it, a quick press of the KPL button stops the program. If On Sat, Mon, Wed Time is 5:00:00AM And Status 'LawnKPLa-Cutoff' is Off Then Set 'Zone 1' On Wait 30 minutes Set 'Zone 2' On Wait 30 minutes Set 'Zone 3' On Wait 30 minutes Set 'Zone 4' On Wait 30 minutes Set 'Zone 5' On Wait 30 minutes Set 'Zone 6' On Wait 30 minutes Set 'Zone 6' Off Set Scene 'sSprinkler Status' Off Finally Set 'Zone 6' Off Set Scene 'sSprinkler Status' Off
-
EZrain
This not a bug report; on the contrary. Because of the problem putting the EZrain into scenes, I have been controlling it by controlling the individual valves directly. The use of the new program system in 2.5 makes this so much more easier and flexible. Instead of a separate schedule for each valve, I can now put them into one program and use 'wait' instructions to control the timing of each valve. If I want to change the run time of valve one, for example, I now only have to modify one line in the program, instead of redoing all the schedules. Also, an unconnected KPL load button can be used to provide an convenient inhibit function to the sprinkler program without using scenes. This is at least a temporary work around until the EZrain can be used safely in scenes. Finally, it is now practical to set up more that one sprinkler schedule, as long as the EZrain manual max times are longer than your longest 'Wait' instruction. This in essence provides the functionality of the EZrain built-in program schedules 1-4.
-
X10
I was able to set up my 220v x10 controller I use for one of my ACs. All I had to do is create a new program and, using the drop down, select 'Send X10' and put in the appropriate House/Unit code. I set one program for ON and another for OFF and I also tested it using one program with a 'wait' command. So far it has been running fine. I was not able to get any x10 commands to work yet with my EZrain. I know I have the EZrain set to accept x10 commands, because my x10 remote works fine. This may be a communication problem, and to be honest, I have not gone much further than my initial test. Irrigation Devices? Ah yes, now that's another story. I will try to post an update in the EZrain section later today.
-
Turn off closet light after 10 minutes (using 'Finally')
Chris, Thanks for the explanation and examples. As you suggest, we can always bring up the 'ELSE' at a latter time, if the need arises.
-
Turn off closet light after 10 minutes (using 'Finally')
I guess I just feel more comfortable using an ELSE when I want one of two actions to happen. It certainly is not a bug in the beta, because 2 programs can accomplish the same thing, but it might help in making our programs easier to manage. Here is an example of what got me to thinking about it: Let's say you normally turn your A/C's on at 5pm, but on very hot days you want to get them cranked up 1 hour earlier. In simplified form where the program runs everyday at 5pm it might look like this: If Temp > 90 then Turn ON the AC's wait 4 hours else wait 60 minutes Turn ON the AC's wait 3 hours finally Turn OFF AC's Thanks George
-
Turn off closet light after 10 minutes (using 'Finally')
Would it be possible to include an "else" clause in the structure like: If condition(s) then statement(s) else statements(s) finally statement(s) Here the finally clause would always execute, since either the then or else would have run. The only way I can think to do it now is with 2 programs. Thanks, George.
-
Program Improvements
I also ran a test notification successfully, and agree that some form of customization of the message would be very helpful. Maybe something like a message in quotes on the notification line would be enough. Thanks, George.
-
Initial Install
Chris, I sent a copy to tech@universal-devices.com. Everything else seems to be working fine, I just can not make a backup.
-
Initial Install
I did not receive any errors when I made the backup prior to upgrading to 2.5. I make backups often before making changes and this is the first time I have received an error of any kind. Any suggestions on what to do next? Thanks, George
-
Editing Programs
I see your point and it does make sense. Maybe I interpret the word "update" as pertaining to the whole item rather than an individual line. This is certainly not a big deal and you can get used to it very easy. Thanks, George
-
Editing Programs
Now that I have been working with the interface a bit, I see that I was not using the UPDATE button effectively. I was adding new lines, deleting the old line and then moving things around. It might be more intuitive if the UPDATE button was located on the same line as "Remove Line", "Move Line Up" and "Move Line Down". Let's see what everyone else thinks. Thanks, George.
-
Initial Install
Wow! This looks really great. Nice Job! I was able to replace my 7 sprinkler schedules with one program, thanks to the WAIT function. I First tested it out with 1 minute delays and now set it up with my normal 30 minute delays. It is running a full test now. It took me a while to get used to the program interface, but once you get the hang of the "remove line" and "move up/down", editing a long program is not that difficult. Question: there is a 'My Old Schedule' to " 'Set My Lighting' to null". Should that one be left as is, or can it be deleted, or moved to the regular program section? I received two error messages while attempting to make a backup: 1- Couldn't retrieve the configuration file /CONF/846D8.BUT 2- Couldn't create the configuration zip file /bad file I replied OK to both messages to continue. That's it for now. So far it is looking really good. Thanks, George.