Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blackbird

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Blackbird

  1. Well my question was more of how to do this with the Tasker app on android. Are you saying mobilinc sends notifications? I don't see that as an option. Maybe just for iphone.
  2. I have used mobilic plugin as a task within the Tasker app, but I want to create a program where every time my garage door opens, the phone will beep (not email) but I tasker wont let me choose mobilinc plugin as a state. Any ideas? Thanks
  3. Ok I got it working and everything seems fine but I have a few questions. First is, on mobilinc the door open read as door closed and door closed read as door open so I reversed the icon in mobilinc. Is this normal? Second when I open the door with mobilinc the relay stays on even after the door is open or closed until I click the icon again to turn it off. Is this normal? Does it matter if the relay stays on? Thanks
  4. Model number of my genie opener is 2020L
  5. I will have to check. I know it is a genie and the button control has two buttons. One for the light and one to open and close the door. The wire that goes from the wall button and connects to the "push button" (red wire) and "com"
  6. Just got it today and noticed that the wires are pre connected to the io but no indication on the wire of positive or negative. I take it that the com on the io needs to be connected to the com on the opener. Is this correct? Also do you wire it the same as the opener button
  7. https://www.aartech.ca/2342-232-insteon-keypad-6-button.html https://www.aartech.ca/2487s-smarthome-insteon-dual-band-keypadlinc-scene-controller-with-on-off-switch-white.html
  8. Even with it turned off?
  9. I just read about dual bright and I know I never have used it and the button is turned off. If its in the off position, can I still get this micro on off to work?
  10. Lol OMG. Well I guess I got an education at least. I guess its the insteon motion sensor. Out of curiosity, why does dual brite not work with this? Thanks guys
  11. Sorry for all the questions but Im new to this. So if I turn the lights off by the insteon remote for example, does the motion sensor stay off until I turn it on again by the remote? Or if its off I can walk past the motion sensor and the lights will come back on. I guess what im saying is am I remotely turning off the light or turning off the motion sensor?
  12. What about my post above. Am I understanding things correctly?
  13. Well I have never updated the firmware so I wouldn't know. I knew there was some internet connection because I receive email notifications but wasn't sure why it said no internet access. That's why I asked
  14. Yes in help and about it says Internet Access Disabled. Ok thanks
  15. If it doesn't rely on RF does the micro on off only transmit signals through the power line?
  16. Just so Im clear, you do recommend the micro on off and to my understanding (and its not much) , the micro on off connects directly to the wires on the motion sensor. The micro on off activates the motion sensor to turn the light and off and the motion sensor still works normally turning the light on and off by motion. Is this correct? If so and I turn off the light remotely through the isy to the micro on off, does that stop the motion sensor from operating normally until I turn it back on?
  17. Well I was going to add an insteon light switch to that light
  18. My ISY says it is not connected to the internet. Does it need to be?
  19. I don't think its a dual bright http://www.homedepot.ca/product/heath-zenith-240-degree-replacement-motion-sensor-bronze/908404 I would wire it with a 9volt power adapter
  20. All I want to do is have my existing 500w outdoor flood light, come on when I unter my drive way (by motion) as well as being able to turn on the light by remote or switch. Currently I only have a standard motion sensor connected to the light and no manual on off. Only reason I wanted to use the existing motion sensor was my worry that the insteon sensor would not be good exposed to the elements.
  21. Yes that is the same sensor I have
  22. I guess if others have used the insteon indoor motion sensor, outdoors and haven't had a problem then this would be my easiest solution.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.