Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

asbril

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by asbril

  1. Point taken. I just pointed out my personal choice.
  2. Everybody has his/her own experience and everybody is entitled to her/his opinion. For me a product depending on one manufacturer (Insteon) versus multiple manufacturers (Zwave) is easy. I went Zwave all the way. One could argue the same for Apple versus Android, but Apple is Apple.
  3. This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but my two Google Home devices work generally well with my 4 Zwave fan switches as well as with my 2 Nest thermostats. Sometimes GH does not recognize my speech and I need to repeat command.
  4. I am not sure to fully understand your question but to the best of my knowledge you DO need ISY Portal to communicate with Google Home, Alexa and IFTTT. I use all three with ISY Portal and I also use Mobilinc on my Iphone, being it with different settings to connect to ISY. BTW the GH commands to ISY work 80 pct of the time.
  5. asbril replied to silverton38's topic in UD Portal
    You CAN use Mobilinc with ISY Portal. I do have this....... It is just a different setup of the Mobilinc Pro App. Later today I will try to take picture of settings and post it here.
  6. I also have a simple program for the Fan to go ON for 1 minute when the Light goes OFF. I actually prefer this as the Fan is noisy and interferes with my contemplating the world in the splendid isolation of where King goes by himself.......
  7. I could not agree with you more ! Michel, Chris and Benoit are phenomenal. On more than one occasion they have given me tremendous personal support. Because of the quality of the ISY device and because of this world-class support, I recommend Universal Devices on every relevant website that I can, and I encourage all of you to do the same. It is important that we make UDI the reference for home automation.
  8. YES, I have some 40 Zwave devices (on my ISY) working with Google Home. It works great, though some words work betters than others. For instance, at least in my case, "Lamp" is better understood than "Light"....... It may be my European accent Now my challenge is to get my wife to use it. Right now she prefers to call OK "My Name" turn on the fan, instead of OK Google.
  9. I am also looking at replacing my 17 year old (but still working) Makita drapery system and am looking at a Zwave compatible Somfy. A Somfy dealer told me that I would need a Z-WAVE GLYDEA MODULE ( https://www.somfysystems.com/products/1870228/z-wave-module-for-curtain-motorization ) . Any input welcome.
  10. Hi Michel It appears that Locative is no longer in business. Is there an alternative ?
  11. Thanks Jtara, Understood and now I must figure out if there is anything out there that would be useful for me to connect to. Would my two Nest thermostats be an example ?
  12. I read about ISY Portal Node Server but I don't have a clue about the concept. Can someone explain to me, in relatively simple terms, what Node Server means and what I can achieve with it ? Thanks
  13. Thanks Michel
  14. https://www.cnet.com/news/google-home-gets-new-partners-in-its-first-big-smart-home-update/
  15. That is a great idea. I have two Google Home and two Chromecast Audio devices. I would love to send an instruction from ISY to either/or/and GH /CA, with let's say I want to be woken up at 7 am with radio station X and at the same time lights in bedroom go ON.....
  16. ISY will be the winner, working with both Alexa and Google Home
  17. Great job Michel. I look forward to it.
  18. For those that have sometimes trouble adding Zwave devices because they are too far from ISY, I have resolved this by connecting the ISY to one of my Google WiFi pods and then move both close to the device. Anyway I strongly recommend Google Wifi to anyone that currently uses one or more extenders and who suffers from slow speeds further away from the main router.
  19. I achieve quite a bit with IFTTT
  20. Latin actually ..... Lol
  21. pluralis majestatis ????????
  22. https://developers.google.com/actions/ API released..... I'd love ISY to integrate GH
  23. I no longer use Insteon and have about 40 Zwave devices in my home. Possibly your issue is that many Zwave devices do not report their status. In that case your program does not know that device 1 is ON or OFF. I created a QUERY program whereby relevant devices are being queried (polled) every few seconds and this does the job for me. Ideally my query program would repeat every second, but I don't know yet whether that could have any negative impact on my ISY network performance. That is why I have designed different Query programs, one running every 4 seconds for devices that I use all day long and one running every 4 seconds from sunset to sunrise for devices that I only use at night. I also run another Query program every 30 minutes for most other devices, so that I have a reasonable view on my Mobilinc of what is On or Off when I am not at home.
  24. asbril replied to James Peterson's topic in UD Portal
    THANKS That works !!!! I am greatly impressed and now have several lights and fans working with Google Home.
  25. asbril replied to James Peterson's topic in UD Portal
    I'd love to have some advice on how work the IFTTT with Google Home. In the ISY Portal, I selected SELECT TOOL ---] CONNECTIVITY ---] IFTTT ---] DEVICE ---] Created an EVENT NAME "MBRFan" ---] MY DEVICE "MBR Fan (ZW058_1)" ---] ON Then I copied the url to the right of the red x , Then went to my IFTTT web page ---] NEW APPLET ---] For IF chose Google Assistant ----] Chose SAY A SIMPLE PHRASE ---] For WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SAY / chose "OK Google, Fan On" ---} For THAT chose MAKER ---] In URL pasted the URL from ISY Portal ----} METHOD : POST Closed the window and then clicked on FINISH I have done this 4 times but Google (Google Home and on Iphone App) does not recognize the "OK Google, Fan On" Any help will be highly appreciated

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.