Everything posted by Athlon
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
It was Mrs. Athlon who nixed it. ?
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
I don't know if the default is just too small, or it's a cell tower issue. Before I enlarged the circle it worked about 75% of the time and now it works every time. I only enlarged the circle by about 10%. I used to have it announce an arrival over all of our echo devices, but that got old quick. ? Now it controls the usual stuff - outside lights and HVAC settings.
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
And no - there is no node for her...
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
Yep - that's exactly how I set mine up.
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
It's built into the app (not a Skill). When you create a Routine and go to the 'When This Happens' section and choose 'Location'.
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
I'm using my Alexa app's geofencing function to trigger ISY scenes by using Alexa Routines. It works quite well. (Our phones are Android's. btw). I found I had to make the 'circle' a bit larger than the default to make it work reliably.
-
Just picked up another Polisy!
Don't know for sure either, but I took it to mean the 2413s and U's are made from components from so many different sources that reproducing them would be a logistical nightmare. Acquiring the rights and then dealing with the current supply problems we're all facing is likely compounding the issue.
-
Just picked up another Polisy!
Did a quick Google: What is ETL? As the amount of data, data sources, and data types at organizations grow, the importance of making use of that data in analytics, data science and machine learning initiatives to derive business insights grows as well. The need to prioritize these initiatives puts increasing pressure on the data engineering teams because processing the raw, messy data into clean, fresh, reliable data is a critical step before these initiatives can be pursued. ETL, which stands for extract, transform, and load, is the process data engineers use to extract data from different sources, transform the data into a usable and trusted resource, and load that data into the systems end-users can access and use downstream to solve business problems.
-
Just picked up another Polisy!
Love that name!
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
Just saw this on my phone, had no time to check it out, but here is the link. https://www.arachnoid.com/insteon_rescue/index.html Just too much small text on my phone - hope it's helpful
-
is my new polisy dead?
Ditto on Michel's support as well as the community here. As a gadget guy I can attest to the reliability of UD's hardware and support.
-
AC not updating when Roomba started from Roomba app
Perhaps I misspoke. When I said iRobot's cloud grabbed control from your ISY - I meant the PG3 Node Server. Assuming your schedule was created using your iRobot app, that's perhaps why the Node server is losing it's connection. I'm wondering if you were to delete all programs in the iRobot app and recreate them in your ISY if the issue you and wmcneil are having would go away. By the way, I have no programs in my iRobot app and never have. I also never lose Node server connection with either of my robots.
-
AC not updating when Roomba started from Roomba app
Who put it in there? I'm sure it didn't start vacuuming at 1am everyday when you first set it up. The reason I'm asking is if you used the app to create that schedule, then perhaps the iRobot cloud is grabbing control form your ISY once in a while.
-
AC not updating when Roomba started from Roomba app
I've been watching this thread - I have a Roomba Mop & Vacuum. Is your 'schedule' in your ISY or in your iRobot app?
- Portal down?
-
Smarthome forum appears to be offline
Will it matter? ?
-
smart bulb
I'm using the Kasa Node server with great success. It treats my Kasa devices pretty much like they are Insteon devices. I have to believe you should be able to easily use their new $10 smart bulb with no problem at all.
-
Polisy basic interface question
IoP looks just like the ISY you are used to. You use a web browser to connect Node servers you want to add from your Polisy. EDIT: @MrBillPosted at the exact same time ?
-
Moved from Insteon hub to Polisy - keypad no longer works
Agreed - which is why i suggested he do so.
-
Moved from Insteon hub to Polisy - keypad no longer works
Wouldn't using Alexa to open your doors be a security risk? (Someone could yell the command from outside?)
-
Moved from Insteon hub to Polisy - keypad no longer works
I don't have the garage door opener, so someone with more knowledge on those may chime in here. I'm gonna guess you didn't reset anything before installing your new Polisy, so there are likely links in those openers from your old installation still present.
-
Moved from Insteon hub to Polisy - keypad no longer works
For the buttons (A - D) I like to put them in a 'Scene' and then control the scene. Here's a couple of mine for example: e:
-
Moved from Insteon hub to Polisy - keypad no longer works
I believe he is saying none of the buttons at the KPL are working and that he must use the app to turn the lights on and off. I thought I'd help to at least get the lights working with the switch and then show him how to program the buttons A to D.
-
Moved from Insteon hub to Polisy - keypad no longer works
You will likely be asked to furnish these before we can help: Please include Firmware Version (FW) and User Interface (UI) version found in the Help -> About section of Admin Console. Having said that, my 6 button switch looks like this in my AC: Are you moving to your Polisy from a previous installation? If so, did you 'reset' the switch? If not, try that and then add it back using your AC.
- Michel, how can we help?