Everything posted by Athlon
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
I'm a little surprised Engadget hasn't picked it up.
-
Smarthome forum appears to be offline
Redirect them where?
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
Ahh - didn't realize you are already familiar with HA. Homebridge read all of my Insteon devices, by the way (because of my PLM?). I just don't use it for that, I use my Policy instead.
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
@MrBillAbout a year ago I set up HA on a spare RPi. My goal was to have a bridge between TP-Link and a Velux blind device for better scheduling. It was easy to get HA on the RPi, but I found the programming of it to be tedious for just one application. I'm fortunate in that I have an Apple TV and an old Iphone 6s, so I wiped the RPi and went with Homebridge on it instead - much much easier to set up IMHO. If your son has Apple devices, that's also an option for him.
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
From reading this it seems the Hub will act as a PLM for Home Assistant (good news for Hub owners): https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/insteon/#:~:text=The only configuration item that,the modem's ALL-Link database. Disclaimer - I'm not a HA expert - I know very little about it.
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
When you ask for recommended replacements here (in a UDI forum), you will likely see a Policy as the answer. We as users are certainly partial to that. Otherwise - see my post just above yours. HA could be a solution for you if all you want to do is get your Insteon stuff running again. Because you reset your Hub you'll have to start over like you did when you first bought your Hub. Is your Hub a boat anchor? Most likely, yes. There are some very creative folks out there though.
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
It's the communication link between the Policy and your Insteon devices. Remember, the Policy can control a lot more than just Insteon devices - it's not just a replacement for your Hub. Insteon is only one of the many things it can control. See the list here: https://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/221-polyglot-v3-node-servers-pg3/
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
Because of supply chain issues the PLMs and Policys discussed here could be very difficult to get quickly. PLMs may never be available again (we just don't know about that today). UDI is trying to acquire some as I write this, but it could take a while. Policys are in short supply as are many things with 'chips' in them. The reason for the start of this thread was to warn everyone with a dead hub not to factory reset it (wipe it). Why? Because there may be a very cost effective and relatively quick solution for you. It's called Home Assistant. If set up properly it will read your setup from your current Hub and you will be good to go. (That's the simple explanation.) If you reset your Hub, there will be nothing to read and you will have to start over. The OP of this thread will be posting a guide about how to do just that after he does it himself for his son. For HA (Home Assistant) all you will need is a Raspberry Pi and some free software (I think I'm correct when I say that.) (I'm running a Policy Pro, so I'm not using HA.) Stay tuned...
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
I had no idea - never saw that. Great info as always sir!
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
There are 3 PLMs that will work with a Policy - the USB dongle is one of them. The other two are either very difficult to find, or folks are price gouging to the extreme for them.
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
To folks new here and looking for a new hardware solution - that USB PLM will not work with an ISYxxx - it will only work with one of the Policys.
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
If, and only if, he can also find an affordable PLM. Otherwise - go with a Policy when available and a ~$45 USB PLM from Ebay.
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
Welcome. My guess is there will be a step by step here for you very soon. In the meantime, check this: https://www.reddit.com/r/insteon/comments/u3oj4o/my_hub_is_now_offline/i4spl7s/?utm_term=39472169896&context=3&utm_medium=comment_embed&utm_source=embed&utm_name=667e0dd8-bcc6-11ec-9c09-5afb4e42df57
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
Igonsteon Now that's funny. ?
-
Smarthome forum appears to be offline
When I used the term 'linking' in my post I meant by reputation. I was not talking about the hardware or software.
-
Smarthome forum appears to be offline
Given how many folks from the now defunct 'Hub' community are showing up here, I hope the uniformed are not linking UD to Smarthome and/or Nokia. EDIT: By the term 'linking' I'm talking about reputation - NOT linking hardware and/or software between UD and these other failing companies.
-
Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
It's not your app - it's the cloud your app talks to. (It's gone.)
-
Smarthome forum appears to be offline
From the Nokia website: "Touch a switch or turn a dial and your lights turn on. Every time. With patented dual-mesh technology, even if your Wi-Fi is down, your switches still work."
-
Smarthome forum appears to be offline
Just ordered one from Ebay - $48 including tax & shipping.
-
Smarthome forum appears to be offline
- Smarthome forum appears to be offline
Would you recommend I get a 2448a7 as a backup to my current PLM for my Policy Pro? I have several Insteon devices.- Insteon HUB (2245) cloud servers shut down
I'm running Homebridge on a Pi. I use it as a 'bridge' from my Kasa stuff to my Velux blinds controller enabling me to do more elaborate scheduling than the Velux app allows. (There is no PG3 node for Velux.) It just sits there and works great. I just checked - there are several plugins available for Insteon in Homebridge. I have not tried any of them, but for those already running Homebridge there may be a solution there as well. Having said all of that - if starting from scratch from your 'broken' Hub - I would go with Home Assistant and watch this thread.- Insteon Alexa integration appears borked
No issues here today. Have you've programmed your 'spokens' in your Portal? I assume you've linked your Alexa app with 'ISY Optimized for Smarthome V3'?- New LED Light Strip Issue
Just updated to 3.0.10 - I'm able to add them to programs now. Your Node server has many more options than the Kasa app has! One notable one is it looks like I may be able to set a color by RGB - and that's not in the app for these. I needed that because I've installed two of them and would very much like to match the two color-wise. Awesome work - thanks again! I won't have time to completely test everything until Friday as we leave tomorrow morning for the day, but if you would like me to test anything in particular, just let me know.- New LED Light Strip Issue
- Smarthome forum appears to be offline