Everything posted by Athlon
-
ISY is offline
Ditto - since 6:30am Sunday
-
Would like to control new skylight shades
Thanks to you both. I'm not opposed to a little soldering. I'll just have to figure out where... Each shade came with it's own remote, and they can each be programmed to any other shade. So, I can 'pair' two shades to one remote so I'll have an extra remote. Is there a node server that will tell my RPi to activate the relay?
-
Would like to control new skylight shades
We just had a new roof installed along with new skylights with solar battery operated shades for the skylights. The shades are made by Velux - their Velux Integra series. They use the io-homecontrol protocol to operate. They came with battery operated remotes (one for each), their model KLI 312. They did not come with a Velux KLF 200 - those are currently not available because of the chip shortage, although I don't think it would be a solution for me anyway. My goal is to be able to operate the shades with both my ISY and Alexa. The Velux website is very frustrating - it's very difficult to get specs on their stuff and many links take you to broken pages. Their online store is closed because of the current chip shortage. Google searches lead me to mostly European sites that do not ship here to the states. I have discovered an io-homecontrol hub that may operate my shades - the Somfy 1870600. It's new and available on Ebay from a reliable vendor. (It's not for sale in the US yet.) The protocols include io-homecontrol, RTS, Zigbee 3.0 and it works with Alexa. My question is this - is there an easy to control the Somfy with my ISY because of it's Zigbee compatibility? (My model ISY has Z-wave.) I'm also running Polisy on a Raspberry Pi.
-
How do i use Wifi Plugs
Oh wait - I don't have a Polisy - sorry about that.
-
How do i use Wifi Plugs
Hmmm - I wonder why I don't see it...
-
How do i use Wifi Plugs
How did you do that? I don't see it listed in the Polyglot Store...
-
How do i use Wifi Plugs
I've been using TP-Link plugs for years (since right after they came out) for mostly Christmas lights and candles in the windows (about 20 of them). None have failed yet, nor have any failed to receive and execute a signal. They've been rock solid even though I box then up at the end of every January and bring them back out in late November. I don't even have to re-program them. I have a strip of masking tape labeled with a Sharpie on the back of each one telling me which window or spot in the house (like the Christmas tree, village under tree etc.) they go to. Because of their reliability and low cost, I have about 6 of them in year round use as well - all of which are in spots that are hidden from view.
-
How do i use Wifi Plugs
I have a TP-Link plug connected to a lamp in my 94 year old mother-in-law's house 125 miles away. I can program it from here very easily with their free Kasa app. That would easily solve their problem
-
Still Having DNS Issues - Looking for New Router
Love our Ooma. We have the original one and it's still going strong.
-
Is anyone here afraid of Insteon disapearing?
[[Is anyone here afraid of Insteon disapearing?]] Nope - All of mine are screwed in tight. ?
-
Keypad switches with Alexa
Been whispering to mine for a while - love the voice. ?
-
Support Thread: 5.0.16C (ISY994)
Woot! Congrats guys!! ?
-
Keypad switches with Alexa
Perhaps when we can change to Sam's voice she won't be so sensitive... ? https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/25/20883751/amazon-alexa-voice-languages-natural-bi-lingual-frustration-support-new-features
-
Anyway to push voice alerts/notifications to Home?
Here's a thread I started a few months ago where I show how I get Alexa to make announcements: I've since made a change because IFTTT changed their texting policies. I now have my ISY text me directly. (This part of my program has nothing to do with the Alexa part of the program.)
-
Recommendations for my non-tech wife
Thumbs up for Agave here as well. Although my phone is an iPhone, I use Agave on my Amazon HD Fire when outside by the pool.
-
How do i use Wifi Plugs
I use TP-Link devices. They work great. Read through this thread for how to use them with your ISY:
-
How do i use Wifi Plugs
What brand of WiFi plug are you considering?
-
Please help me program my Insteon Garage Door Control & Status Kit
Great!
-
Please help me program my Insteon Garage Door Control & Status Kit
You're welcome. I did the following three times in the Portal, one for each of the three Routines in my Alexa app. Each of the three uses one of the three State Variables I refer to in my post above. Here is how I set up the one for 'JoAnn_Garage_Door_Is_Open_1st_Announcement' Go to your portal, then go to Select tool/Connectivity/Amazon Echo Click 'Variable' My state variable: Use the drop down box to choose your 'State Variable' ('JoAnn_Garage_Door_Is_Open_1st_Announcement' in my case) Room is optional Alexa Category: choose 'Contact Sensor' Contact closed value: for me, 0 works Spoken: I used 'J Gar Dr One' Click 'Save' +++ I created four Routines in my Alexa app, one for each of the State Variables, and one for when her door closes. Here's how I did the Routine for the first announcement. In your Alexa app choose 'Routines' Click the + button to create a new Routine Click the + button to choose a 'When This Happens' Click 'Device' In my case, I chose 'J Gar Dr One' (created above) Finishing the 'When This Happens' section is self explanatory In the 'Add Action' section, choose 'Messaging', then 'Send Announcement' Finishing the 'Add Action' section is self explanatory I did one of these for each of the three announcements triggered by the 'JoAnn's Garage Door Is Open program' detailed in my previous post. I also did one for when the door closes. A State Variable is not needed for that one because Alexa 'sees' the sensor directly, in my case 'Joann Door Sensor' (see images in my previous post). One last thing, when testing the program 'JoAnn's Garage Door Is Open', rather than use 20 minutes between actions, I used 45 seconds so I didn't have to wait 40 minutes to see if it all worked together like I hoped, especially the text sent after the second announcement. The reason for 45 seconds is that you have to let Alexa rest at least 30 seconds between announcements or they risk being delayed.
-
Please help me program my Insteon Garage Door Control & Status Kit
Sure - I have two doors, one for my wife (JoAnn) and one for me (Dave). I'll show you what I did for her door. Let me say at the outset that I have no idea if I could have done it with fewer steps, more elegant programming or anything else that would be better, however I will say it works. First, here's a screenshot of my main page - JoAnn's IO Link and sensors are circled: Here is a screenshot of the three programs I use to make this happen: Here is a screenshot of the three State Variables used to cause Alexa to make her three different announcements: Announcement 1 - "hello, joanns garage door just opened" (some characters not allowed, btw) Announcement 2 - "hello, joanns garage door is still open" Announcement 3 - "hello, final warning, joanns garage door is still open, you should consider closing it" Screenshots of my Network Resources page and Resource Editor: JoAnn's Garage Door Opens program: JoAnn's Garage Door Opens - [ID 002C][Parent 0001] If 'IO Link-Sensor - JoAnn' is switched Off Then Run Program 'JoAnn's Garage Door Is Open' (If) Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') JoAnn's Garage Door Is Open program (disabled): (The Resource 'JoannsDoorLeftOpen' causes a text to be sent to my cell phone.) JoAnn's Garage Door Is Open - [ID 002E][Parent 0001][Not Enabled] If - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition') Then $JoAnn_Garage_Door_Open_1st_Announcement = 1 Wait 20 minutes $JoAnn_Garage_Door_Open_2nd_Announcement = 1 Resource 'JoannsDoorLeftOpen' Wait 20 minutes $JoAnn_Garage_Door_Open_3rd_Announcement = 1 Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') JoAnn's Garage Door Closes program: JoAnn's Garage Door Closes - [ID 002D][Parent 0001] If 'IO Link-Sensor - JoAnn' is switched On Then Stop program 'JoAnn's Garage Door Is Open' $JoAnn_Garage_Door_Open_1st_Announcement = 0 $JoAnn_Garage_Door_Open_2nd_Announcement = 0 $JoAnn_Garage_Door_Open_3rd_Announcement = 0 Else - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action') Alexa makes the following announcement when the door closes - "hello, joanns garage door just closed, all is well" Let me know if you have any questions. Adding spokens for Alexa in the ISY Portal is easy once you have the State Variables set up. I can expand on that if you would like. The integration with IFTTT is covered in the Wiki. I can expand on that if you would like.
-
Please help me program my Insteon Garage Door Control & Status Kit
Never mind - got it done. Learned some new ISY commands along the way, as well as integrating my ISY with IFTTT to send me a text if one of our doors is left open for 20 minutes or more.
-
Please help me program my Insteon Garage Door Control & Status Kit
You guys helped me choose the Insteon Garage Door Control & Status Kit ( here in this thread ). Thank you! It's easy to do simple programming with it, like most other Insteon devices. I have our Alexa devices 'Announcing' a door opens or closes using 'Routines' in the Alexa app. I have the Alexa app checking for when a sensor opens or closes. That's working just fine for me. What I would like to do, however, is have Alexa 'Announce' a door is open every 20 minutes until it closes, as well as send me a text message after the second 'Announcement'. After reading through the forums, it looks like IFTTT is the best way for the text piece? I've been playing with different programs to get Alexa to continue to make the announcements until the door closes, but just can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-
Which Sensor Do You Recommend
Yeah - the button to control the doors is large, lit and has 3 buttons in it - 2 control the lights. My 3 gang outlets are in the ceiling near the motor (picture I posted). I'll wire the IOLink in parallel to the 2 wires coming from the large button (the one that controls the door), and put the sensors where suggested near the top center of the doors. I can plug the IOLink into the ceiling where the motors are plugged in now. Thank you for your help - I just ordered them.
-
Which Sensor Do You Recommend
Here's the manual - they talk about wiring on page 16. https://www.chamberlain.com/catalogresourcesv3/en-us/shared/files/tucmanuals/114a4256.pdf
-
Which Sensor Do You Recommend
It's a Chamberlain - looking for the manual right now... I suppose I could figure out which two wires go to the large button (open/close door) and connect the IOLink to those, rather than the smaller buttons that control the lights.