Everything posted by xlurkr
-
cannot load admin console...?
PatM's ISY is up for sale in the Coffee shop. Deaf ears, probably. -Tom
-
Insteon scene on ISY or Insteon button dimmer - Best Practice
And don't worry about the ISY being a point of failure. When you create an ISY scene, the links are created in the devices that respond to the button press, so even if the ISY goes offline, the button press will still cause the scene to execute. The ISY is essentially another responder, and it can do some other things when the scene is triggered if you want it to. At a minimum, it logs the events and keeps track of the status of all of your devices, which you probably want. -Tom
-
"discovering nodes - retry"
This happened to me yesterday, and I fixed it today with a power cycle. Nasty bug. I was attempting to add an EZSnsRF, which I did successfully today. -Tom
-
Suitable Power Strips for Insteon devices?
I live near several Fry's stores in the SF Bay Area, and over the years I've bought several Shaxon-brand power strips that have no surge protection functionality. I just checked their website, and it looks like they still carry lots of models that they'll ship anywhere.. In my experience, the longer power strips are more likely to be vanilla, unless they state otherwise. Like this one: https://www.frys.com/product/6820356?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG -Tom
-
PLM beeping at night
I just upgraded my old setup (99i w/ 2412S) to a 994/i with a 2413S. After a few false starts, everything seems to be running mostly OK. However, two nights in a row I have woken to the sound of the PLM beeping. The first night it was a continuous pattern of 4 beeps, and I had to get up and push the button on the side of the PLM to make it stop. Last night it seemed more random and stopped on its own eventually. Anyone have any ideas what might be going on? Is there a way to disable the beeping? Some other info: I have several wireless devices, RemoteLIncs and motion sensors mostly, though none have pending updates. I also had two devices in the device tree that are missing. Today I disabled immediate updates and battery-powered-device updates in the interface, and removed the missing devices, hoping that will help. We'll see tonight, I guess. -Tom
-
Delayed Off With Double-Click?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the doubletap fastoff will always turn the local load off immediately. You could have the ISY run a program to turn it back on, then off after 5 minutes. Or you could rewire so that the switch doesn't control the load, but contols an Inlinelinc that controls the load. -Tom
-
All Off in a program
Got it. Thanks for the prompt reply. -Tom
-
All Off in a program
I'm writing an "Away" program. I want it turn off all my lights, among other things. It seems that there is no pre-defined "All" group to use in programs, even though one must exist, since there are "All On" and "All Off" buttons on the main page. Do I really need to make my own "All" group? -Tom
-
Continuing to fight SL's which are intermittent
I too just got done replacing all V.35's, though mine were mostly Togglelinc relays. Night 'n day difference. I'd say it's the first step in troubleshooting. I'm glad I read about the problem on this forum. Last time I checked there were at least half a dozen threads discussing some aspect of this. Might be good to do a stickie. -Tom