Notify not working

TimWing

My text & email notifications stopped working a couple weeks ago. I have gone to Configuration-->Emails/Notifications and tested, all notifications work fine when tested but not when used in a program. I created a new program with text & email notification, I tested the program and get nothing.

Any suggestions?

Tim

I had the same issue with my rules that ran the notification inside the then section. Even manually executing the then did not send a notification. I "updated" the notification run in that command to exactly what it already was, then saved all programs and it started working again.

I just recently added notifications and updated to the latest 4.0.5 release, but I can't remember what order they were done, but it could have been an issue with updating.

- Jim

Not enough info to review as we need to rule out that the program is not being triggered. Can you post your code?

If
       Control 'Office / Office 1st Floor' is switched On

Then
       Send Notification to 'Tim - Text' content 'Garage Door Open'

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I am running v.4.0.5

I had the same issue, and due to another post, took a look at my error log and found my dns was tossing errors to the ISY a LOT. Changed the dns from my router to google at 8.8.8.8 and the notifications came through again.

Alan

Hi Tim,

Please note that if either the subject or body is empty then notification will not be sent.

With kind regards,

Michel

Well what do ya know....Self inflicted! :roll: I had no text in the body of the message.

Thank you Michel!

Archived