Control Stereo?

barkster

I have an isy-99i and I'm talking my buddy to install isy-994i in his house he is building but he wants to be able to control his stereo equipment, mainly volume, skip etc through automated system. Can the isy do that at all? I haven't seen anything but figured I'd ask. He was looking at control4 which seems to do it but it looks to be zigbee based, yuck!

Depends on the stereo.

I have a Yamaha that accepts web-based commands so my ISY controls it directly with the network module.

I have a Denon that accepts an RS-232 connection so my ISY controls it with the network module through and Ethernet-serial converter.

I have another Denon that has nothing so my ISY controls it with the network module sending commands to an iTach IP2IR.

All work great.

If you have a computer near the stereo, you can use the Media Center remote control receiver and put an "eye" near your iR window. Then just use eventghost to send iR commands to it..

Also, use the eventghost webserver to receive commands from the ISY using the network module.

Then write a program such as "if kpl button 8 is pressed" then network resource "eventghost send power on/off to stereo"

If you decide to do this, I'll be glad to give you more help.

I do it myself and it is perfect every time

You can save a lot of money and do this instead of investing in an itach.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4

can I get the model number off your yamaha? I know there has to be something special written to control it correct?

thanks guys!

Depends on the stereo.

I have a Yamaha that accepts web-based commands so my ISY controls it directly with the network module.

I have a Denon that accepts an RS-232 connection so my ISY controls it with the network module through and Ethernet-serial converter.

I have another Denon that has nothing so my ISY controls it with the network module sending commands to an iTach IP2IR.

All work great.

I control a denon that is non network with a isy to a raspberry pi and then use lirc, I've had lirc crash once, the rest of the time it has been power drops, reboots, etc etc. Go for the simpliest solution which is a direct connection from the ISY to the stereo via the network module.

But there is a way with most non networked stereos.

Hi,

I have a Yamaha AV Receiver as well. Would be glad to see the actual code too.

Thanks in advance.

What I pasted was the actual code you would put in the network module.

For a list of all the commands, you can go here:

http://files.remotecentral.com/library/ ... index.html

I only use a few (10) of the 100s available. You can pretty much control every setting of the receiver.

As per Yamaha command list:

PWR

[PUT Command]

@MAIN:PWR=Parameter

[GET Command]

@MAIN:PWR=? or @SYS:PWR=?

Operating & retrieving Power state of Main Zone

Initial Auto Feedback is Available

[Parameters]

Standby

PUT: turining its state to Standby / GET: indicating Standby status.

On

PUT: turining its state to On / GET: indicating On status.

On/Standby

PUT Only: toggling its status between On/Standby

Thus, I have revised the code below but it is still not responding (Either @SYS or @MAIN). Any assistance on where I am doing it incorrectly will help. Thanks.

post-3905-140474160762_thumb.jpg

What your trying to use is the YNCA protocol, I'm using YNC (you can do more with the YNC but yours should be fine).

To work with YNCA, it's completely different.

The command you're trying to use would work by setting the network command as:

tcp protocol

port 50000

c-escaped

The body would be:

@SYS:PWR=On\r\n

This works fine on my system.

Thanks io_guy.

TCP commands work like a charm.

I have now a way to turn on the my AVR if someone is in the room.

I have 1 more question - i hope you dont mind. I would like to check the status of the AVR if it is "on". This program is providing me with the feedback. However, how do I capture it on ISY so that if the AVR is already "on", the ON_AVR_Program will not be executed anymore.

Again, thanks.

post-3905-140474160768_thumb.jpg

post-3905-140474160771_thumb.jpg

Archived