Problems with a 2334-2 and isy994

nfaries

I have a new 2334-2 dual band 8 button keypadlinc which will not work properly. I have several other keypadlincs but this is the first dual band one and it's driving me crazy.

I have a scene for "all master bedroom lights" which includes a fanlinc light, a switchlinc for the closet and a switchlinc with no load. I have all of the responders added to the scene, and the two switchlincs, and all works fine. I add the A button from the keypadlinc as another controller, and again all is fine. BUT when I add the keypadlinc buttons for the closet and fanlinc light as responders, the A button on the keypadlinc stops responding.

I've tried every combination of adding and removing keypadlinc buttons and everything works until I add the A button as a controller. As a responder it works fine, with the closet and fanlinc buttons as responders, they work fine.

Even if I turn the scene on from the ISY, the status on the buttons shows ON including the A button, but the one A button doesn't turn on.

I copied this from the product users guide. I slide a small screw driver underneath the set button to pull it out. Then use the screw driver to push and hold in the set button. It can take a couple of tries to do the reset. Sometimes the switch plate can get in the way so taking it off first can help.

• Factory Reset clears all user settings from Keypad including INSTEON scenes, on-levels, ramp rates, X10
    addresses, etc.
    1) With a small screwdriver or your fingernail, pull out Set button to create an air gap
    2) Wait 10 seconds
    3) Push in Set button and hold. Do not let go
    Keypad will begin to emit a long beep
    4) When the beep stops, release the Set button.
    Device’s embedded software will rewrite all settings to factory defaults
    A couple of seconds will pass
    Keypad will double-beep and its LEDs will return to normal brightness
    The connected load will turn on and Keypad will return to ready mode

Eric

Aha, at first I thought it wasn't working - the ISY showed the status as on but the button LEDs were still off like before. I checked the LED brightness though, and the levels were set to 0,0 (I'd seen this happen before, but it wasn't the previous problem), so I set it to 7,15, and it is now working perfectly!

Thanks guys, that's a new one for me and a great fix..

Archived