Rearranging Keypad Buttons

jamesx0

I just spent a good 30 minutes rearranging 3 buttons on my KeypadLinc. It would be a nice feature to be able to rearrange buttons without having to set each individual link. This feature would be similar to replace device. Additionally, it would be nice to be able to do this when switching a keypad from 6-button to 8-button.

Hi jamesx0,

What do you mean by "rearranging"? Does this mean that you changed the controller/responder/scene relationship for each button?

With kind regards,

Michel

I just spent a good 30 minutes rearranging 3 buttons on my KeypadLinc. It would be a nice feature to be able to rearrange buttons without having to set each individual link. This feature would be similar to replace device. Additionally, it would be nice to be able to do this when switching a keypad from 6-button to 8-button.

Hi jamesx0,

I truly apologize but I am still a little confused: in ISY, things do not depend on positions. Would you be kind enough to let me know why you had to change the position? Are these link record positions?

With kind regards,

Michel

What I had to do was move the physical locations of individual buttons (Upstairs button moved from Position 5 to Position 6). If links could be copied as a block, this would speed things up and reduce headaches due to programming errors.
I think he is saying he wants to use the replace function to replace keypad button 3 with keypad button 5 on the same keypad (for example)

Correct. This happens from time to time when I notice that a button is not used and something more useful can be put on the keypad. Most recently, I wanted to put volume up/down keys on the keypad. I needed to move functions/links to different keys so that the two volume keys would be adjacent.

Hello jamesx0,

Thanks. I got it ... I will have this added to the list of our requirements; priority is low.

With kind regards,

I think he is saying he wants to use the replace function to replace keypad button 3 with keypad button 5 on the same keypad (for example)

Correct. This happens from time to time when I notice that a button is not used and something more useful can be put on the keypad. Most recently, I wanted to put volume up/down keys on the keypad. I needed to move functions/links to different keys so that the two volume keys would be adjacent.

Archived