Upgrade Notice?

Teken

Today I logged into the Admin Console like I do everyday. Upon launching the Admin Console I was presented with a new version 4.2.30 is now available?

I think its quite awesome this small feature has been implemented but would like to know when this started?

Also, I would like to know if 4.2.30 has the energy patch which I am Alpha testing at the moment?

post-1970-0-41955300-1429889121_thumb.png

A long long time ago in a firmware far far away...

Been there for as long as I can remember.  Only works with Official Final versions however.

-Xathros

A long long time ago in a firmware far far away...

Been there for as long as I can remember.  Only works with Official Final versions however.

-Xathros

Really??

This has never appeared on my console in any release I have used, ever. Not sure why its working now but happy to see this in place.

Its always the small things like this that impress me about the ISY and what UDI brings to the product.

Really??

This has never appeared on my console in any release I have used, ever. Not sure why its working now but happy to see this in place.

Its always the small things like this that impress me about the ISY and what UDI brings to the product.

It's possible that you like me have been running beta versions with numbers higher than the official release when the official release is announced.  That happened to me with this release as I'm on 4.3.0 and the ISY did not notify me of the official release since it's version was lower then what I have installed.

-Xathros

It's possible that you like me have been running beta versions with numbers higher than the official release when the official release is announced.  That happened to me with this release as I'm on 4.3.0 and the ISY did not notify me of the official release since it's version was lower then what I have installed.

-Xathros

That makes perfect sense to me.

I have like you been running each Beta since launch so gather when UDI makes a release official. There is no flag being declared on the Admin Console since we are all on the latest release.

In the last several years I can honesty say I have never been using a older version of firmware. This is the first time I have not jumped into the next cycle because of long term Alpha testing for the Energy Module.

I will see what UDI has to say about this 4.2.30 release and if it includes the Energy Monitoring patch I have been testing.

Really??

Ditto. I am running 4.2.18 and have never seen it before until yesterday. Interesting.

I'm glad others have seen this too! I thought I was losing my marbles when I logged in yesterday!

MustangChris,

What is this automatic upgrade feature you speak of?

Ideals are peaceful - History is violent

Teken,

In the firmware thread, it had the following as part of the directions.

2. Please login to the Admin Console and choose Help | Automatically Upgrade [the name of your system]

Or, if yo wish to actually download the firmware and install it manually:

Hrmm, I've never seen a automatic upgrade option in the Help etc? Maybe it only shows up like in the image I posted up?

Teken-

The item in the help menu only shows when there is an official release greater then what you're running. Like you, I upgrade into a lot of the unofficial releases, so I don't see that option very often often. There will be some time lag before the release posts on the forum and it going official from the notification perspective; you probably have had the official releases in your ISY before the notification was published.

Paul

Archived