Bathroom Fan

Cormacs

Do it in the summer or with a heat gun. They like to break in the cold. Stay off shingles if there is any frost on them. Not that we would have that in Canuckistan. :)

Right now the temps during the day are staying above 10 degrees so I'm hoping with a little heat from a heat gun, putty knife and some patients I will be able to lift them. I have been wanting to do this for some time now. This is the perfect time, not too cold that the shingles should still co-operate and cold enough that the insects should be out of my attic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So from what I'm reading on the forum. I have to have external power for the ISY to have a live reading from the thermostat? I was kind of hoping to run it on a battery power and just hang it on the wall. I guess I will have to find a way to hide a wire to it.

The wireless thermostat uses 5VDC (USB power), so you don't need a power supply. Replace the nearest outlet with one that has a USB receptacle and run a USB cable from there to the thermostat. I equipped my thermostat with a USB connector.

The thermostat will send signals to the ISY on battery power. A problem is if you view the thermostat when it's idle, then you won't see the current reading.

Maybe I'll poke a hole in the wall right beside the outlet and run the cord inside the wall.

The NEC permits that because it's low voltage. The thermostat is wall mountable and will run programs, even on battery power.

Sweet, they dropped it. Can't wait to get home and try out my new thermostat and synchrolincs. Instead of starting a new thread, anyone know how I can make a program to count when the synchrolinc is triggered. I plan on putting my sump pumps on the synchrolincs to monitor their use. So I would like to know how long they are running each day, can I do this with a program?

I adapted this program I use to track humidification cycles for my furnaces. It shows how to track for each cycle, as well as the total. I've never tried counting to seconds, this one has operated using minutes.

If
      status synchrolinc is on

Then
        $sumppump_cycles += 1                   How many cycles were there?
        Repeat Every  1 minute           
           $sumppump_current_cycle_time += 1    How long is the current cycle (minutes)?

Else
       $sumppump_total_runtime += $sumpump_current_cycle_time     Add the current cycle to the total runtime (minutes)
       (Do stuff with the current cycle data, log, notify, etc)
       $sumppump_current_cycle_time = 0                           Reset the current cycle time counter

Daily, maybe midnight, you'll want another program to log the cycles and total runtime and reset. Or weekly, or whatever time period seems good. This also assumes a good clean on and off from the syncrolinc, and that its not jumping on and off a few times when starting and stopping, which will affect the cycle counter. 

Got my thermostat today and it is working great. Ramps the fan up when the shower starts. Ramps the fan down as the humidity drops. I wish I could just figure out a way for the isy to keep track of run time on the synchrolincs and I would be a happy man.

Got my thermostat today and it is working great. Ramps the fan up when the shower starts. Ramps the fan down as the humidity drops. I wish I could just figure out a way for the isy to keep track of run time on the synchrolincs and I would be a happy man.

It should be fairly easy with V5++ so far.

When the fan turns on you save the current seconds since the start of the day  in a variable.

When the fan turns off you use the current seconds since the start of the day and subtract the variable = difference.

Run another program  if the difference is over the amount of seconds in 24 hours subtract that many seconds.

Add the resultant difference to the accumulated seconds in the total fan run time.

Another program sends the variable to you by email each month before midnight and resets the variable to zero.

Divide by 60 for minutes, and 60 for hours before sending as desired.

I adapted this program I use to track humidification cycles for my furnaces. It shows how to track for each cycle, as well as the total. I've never tried counting to seconds, this one has operated using minutes.

If
      status synchrolinc is on

Then
        $sumppump_cycles += 1                   How many cycles were there?
        Repeat Every  1 minute           
           $sumppump_current_cycle_time += 1    How long is the current cycle (minutes)?

Else
       $sumppump_total_runtime += $sumpump_current_cycle_time     Add the current cycle to the total runtime (minutes)
       (Do stuff with the current cycle data, log, notify, etc)
       $sumppump_current_cycle_time = 0                           Reset the current cycle time counter

Daily, maybe midnight, you'll want another program to log the cycles and total runtime and reset. Or weekly, or whatever time period seems good. This also assumes a good clean on and off from the syncrolinc, and that its not jumping on and off a few times when starting and stopping, which will affect the cycle counter. 

Don't you need something like

If

status synchrolinc is on

And status synchrolinc is not off

to run the Else?

Don't you need something like

If

status synchrolinc is on

to run the Else?

I use a similar program with status to watch a keypad key and change my thermostats from home to away; the second statement in the if has not been needed.

Is that more a requirement when using control? It would not hurt to do it.

If
        status synchrolinc is on

My experience is that. "If control/status" is set on (or off) will correctly run the "Then" statements, but nothing therein triggers the "Else" statements. Adding "If ... , is not on (or off)" does run the "Else."

That's because the condition states what to do when it's true, but it doesn't state what to do if it's false. Including "If ... is not" is the "Else" trigger.

Example:

If the sun shines, then I'll go to the beach. The sun does not shine, but I go to the beach. Is my statement true?

Yes, it is. I only said what I'll do if the sun shines. I didn't state what I'll do if the sun doesn't shine. The only action that will make the statement false is if the sun shines and I don't go to the beach. If the sun does not shine, it doesn't matter what I do, the statement is still true.

If        status synchrolinc is on

My experience is that. "If control/status" is set on (or off) will correctly run the "Then" statements, but nothing therein triggers the "Else" statements. Adding "If ... , is not on (or off)" does run the "Else."

That's because the condition states what to do when it's true, but it doesn't state what to do if it's false. Including "If ... is not" is the "Else" trigger.

Example:

If the sun shines, then I'll go to the beach. The sun does not shine, but I go to the beach. Is my statement true?

Yes, it is. I only said what I'll do if the sun shines. I didn't state what I'll do if the sun doesn't shine. The only action that will make the statement false is if the sun shines and I don't go to the beach. If the sun does not shine, it doesn't matter what I do, the statement is still true.

In my experience, the "if...is not" statement is NOT needed for status conditions. Unlike control statements, an status condition will trigger upon any change in state, including from off to on, and from on to OFF.

A condition such as

If synchrolinc is on

Will trigger and evaluate true when changes state to ON, and will trigger and evaluate false when changes state to OFF.

Also, unlike control, the cause of the state change is irrelevant. Whether controlled directly or remotely or as part of a scene, ANY change in status will trigger the condition.

In my experience, the "if...is not" statement is NOT needed for status conditions. Unlike control statements, an status condition will trigger upon any change in state, including from off to on, and from on to OFF.

A condition such as

If synchrolinc is on

Will trigger and evaluate true when changes state to ON, and will trigger and evaluate false when changes state to OFF.

Also, unlike control, the cause of the state change is irrelevant. Whether controlled directly or remotely or as part of a scene, ANY change in status will trigger the condition.

Well said. This is a hard concept, at first. 

I like to think of 'control' detecting the edge of the change or active signal and each device has two (or more) signals.

'On' and 'quiet'. The other signal is 'Off' and 'quiet'.

ISY has combined and remembers the results into one status page with just 'On' and 'Off' showing.

Archived