ISY Portal and Admin console

Amigo

Benoit,

What Android version are you using to test? I'm on a Nexus 9, 6.0.1. I'll setup the remote debugger when I get to the office (traveling now...)

Also, a poster above reported an access issue with his iPad mini - don't know if its the same issue though. (Edit: Just tried Safari and Chrome on my iPad 9.0.2 and it worked fine in both).

Michael.

Michael,

I tested with an Android 5.x (I don't have it with me at the moment, I believe it was 5.3.1). I have seen report of problems with version 5.0.1 up to 6.0.1) in this thread.

Benoit.

Michael,

I tested with an Android 5.x (I don't have it with me at the moment, I believe it was 5.3.1). I have seen report of problems with version 5.0.1 up to 6.0.1) in this thread.

Benoit.

Apologies, I didn't get time to setup the debug session today. I'll try again tonight at home.

Michael.

Benoit,

Success at attaching a debug session (didn't know you could do that!). However, there are no javascript errors...  

After I click 'Login' I see a 'POST' from XMLHttpRequest to /api/login containing my username and password as form data. The ISY responds simply with a '200 OK' response.

Then XMLHttpRequest makes a GET to /api/domains with a basic Authorization header (my encoded username and password). I get back '304 Not Modified'.

Next - the browser (from within portal.css) issues a GET to /images/refresh_white.png. Portal responds with '304 Not Modified'.

Then there is a request by XMLHttpRequest to /api/isys?domain=xxxx&subaccounts=false (again with a basic authorization header with my username and password). The Portal never responds.. It just shows 'Pending'. The browser just 'spins' and the processor get's warm..

I've attached a screen image.

Michael.

post-2553-0-72104700-1452913645_thumb.jpg

Benoit,

Success at attaching a debug session (didn't know you could do that!). However, there are no javascript errors...  

After I click 'Login' I see a 'POST' from XMLHttpRequest to /api/login containing my username and password as form data. The ISY responds simply with a '200 OK' response.

Then XMLHttpRequest makes a GET to /api/domains with a basic Authorization header (my encoded username and password). I get back '304 Not Modified'.

Next - the browser (from within portal.css) issues a GET to /images/refresh_white.png. Portal responds with '304 Not Modified'.

Then there is a request by XMLHttpRequest to /api/isys?domain=xxxx&subaccounts=false (again with a basic authorization header with my username and password). The Portal never responds.. It just shows 'Pending'. The browser just 'spins' and the processor get's warm..

I've attached a screen image.

Michael.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

With this I was able to track the your request in the logs and found out that the authorization header is not passed to the API. Therefore the API returns http error 401 Unauthorized. This is a condition that should never happen, as the web client always sends the authorization header as part of the request. Furthermore, you mentionned that the authorization header was indeed sent with the request. I believe that some mobile browser may simply not send the auth header under some circumstances.

On the other side, the web client did not correctly handle a 401.

I made a fix which is likely to solve the problem.

Can someone try again and see if the problem is still present or not?

Thanks,

Benoit.

I was just at the Universal Devices site and find nothing about the portal. I click on purchase modules and nothing comes up. I am using firmware 4.3.26. I was able to access purchase modules before but can't now.

Any ideas?

Thamks

Hepl > Purchase Modules

Hello All,

Installed ISY Portal, added my ISY as the "preferred ISY" and added myself as a user, but I get the message "Access denied pending owner approval" whenever I try to actually do anything. Since presumably I am the owner, I guess I am wondering how to grant the necessary approval to proceed. Can anyone advise? 

Thanks!

Hello All,

Installed ISY Portal, added my ISY as the "preferred ISY" and added myself as a user, but I get the message "Access denied pending owner approval" whenever I try to actually do anything. Since presumably I am the owner, I guess I am wondering how to grant the necessary approval to proceed. Can anyone advise? 

Thanks!

Hi

Go to the Admin console, Configuration Tab, and Portals. Approve the account relationship there

Paul

I have signed up and activated the portal.  It seems to only allow access to the user interface, vs the admin interface, i.e I can trigger devices, etc, but not create new programs, etc. How does one gain remote access to the ISY Admin Console, either via the portal or otherwise.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to get the portal but for some reason purchase modules does not work anymore. I click on manage modules and it says up to date. Click on purchase modules and nothing happens. I rebooted the ISY and no change. Running firmware 4.3.26. What can be wrong? Everything else works great.

Any ideas.

I would like to get the portal but for some reason purchase modules does not work anymore. I click on manage modules and it says up to date. Click on purchase modules and nothing happens. I rebooted the ISY and no change. Running firmware 4.3.26. What can be wrong? Everything else works great.

Any ideas.

Is your UI the same version as your firmware (Help > About?)

Jon...

Purchase Modules is simply a link containing your ISY uuid.. Are you able to open links in a client like say.. email?

The following is the url I received testing purchase modules with my uuid xx'd out.  You could try filling in the xx for your uuid and see if pasting into url works.

http://www.universal-devices.com/sales/modules/?uuid=uuid:00:21:xx:xx:xx:xx&pid=1100 <<-- (pid=1100) I believe is the information following Product Info in Help > About > ISY 994i PRO (1100)

Another suggestion.. if you aren't already... try using the UI java application (admin.jnlp) you'll have to download it from 4.3.26 release post.

Jon...

jerlands,

That worked by filling in my uuid  Thanks

But what is the reason for it not working by selecting purchase modules.

Something is preventing the loading of the url into a browser.. could be some spyware/antivirus/spamware or?

Jon...

Archived