I added a 2nd Echo account following these instructions:

1. Get a new Amazon Account and tie your 2nd Echo to the new Amazon account
2. In ISY Portal:
a. Create a Subaccount under your account
b. Create a different user under your new Subaccount
c. Add your ISY to the new Subaccount
d. Go to Admin Console | Portals | Approve the access from the Subaccount
e. Login to ISY Portal using the subaccount credentials
f. Follow the same procedures for linking ISY Portal to Echo but this time use the Second Amazon account (#1)

Everything went well until I opened the new Alexa account. Link to ISY doesn't appear at all.

post-625-0-28545200-1456351294_thumb.jpg

Edit: now nothing works, not even the original two Echos.

Edited by stusviews

I tried with a different Echo. Same results, the Alexa app does not include an ISY among those in Connected Home. I suspect that a second portal is required which, in turn, requires a second ISY. I was hoping for a less costly solution.

I tried with a different Echo. Same results, the Alexa app does not include an ISY among those in Connected Home. I suspect that a second portal is required which, in turn, requires a second ISY. I was hoping for a less costly solution.

You need to activate ISY for your second Amazon account before it appears in the Alexa app:

https://pitangui.amazon.com/api/partner-authorization/redirect-to-partner-authorization-uri?partnerId=Lg6UxwcNheb9gQrMG8GbeI8V3&applicationDomain=ALEXA_COHO

What's your goal in setting this up?

-David

I did activate/register the second Echo with the new Amazon account. The new account set up properly, skills were available including the ISY skill, and as you can see from the image I posted, the ISY was not available from the Connected Home window. I tried with two different Echos and two different Amazon accounts.

A goal is to be able to use the same command in different areas. We currently need to specify which ceiling light we want turned on, for example, the living room light, dining room light or bedroom light no matter where we issue the command. We'd like to be able to say, "Alexa, turn the light on," and have the light turn on in the room we're in. Each Echo has a different wake word, Alexa, Amazon and Echo. so there'll be no confusion.

Multiple echo with different spoken for the same device is now supported.

This is achieved by having 2 echos linked to 2 different Amazon accounts linked to 2 different portal user profiles in 2 different portal accounts (or sub-accounts), which each their own set of spokens.

As of today, the same ISY can have a different set of spokens when it is registered in different accounts (or sub-accounts).

In details, you need to:

1. Have your echos tied to 2 different amazon accounts.

2. In portal:

- Create a sub-account

- Add you ISY to this sub-account, and approve access to it in the admin console.

- Create a user profile in this sub-account for the second echo

- Link this user profile with your second echo's amazon account.

- To edit spokens for your second echo, switch to your sub-account first

- To edit spokens for your first echo, switch to your root account first

Of course, you can have as many echo as you want, with each their own sub-account, user profile and set of spokens.

Also, it is not required to have a primary echo in the primary account. All echos could be managed in sub-accounts only.

For those of you who already had sub-accounts, you will start with the same spokens in each accounts/sub-accounts for all of your echos. When you add/edit/delete your spokens, the change will be applicable to that account only. Including the Delete all.

NOTE: If your account selector is set to [All], you will see all of your ISYs, no matter which account/sub-account they belong to. When an ISY is in several account/sub-accounts, you will see it only once. When you edit your spokens, without explicitly choosing the account, you can't be sure of the context of which account you are working on. You should switch to the intended account first. 

Benoit.

Nearly everything went well. I was even able to add a scene to the sub-account and even enable the skill. But, there is still no link to the ISY in the Alexa app with the new account log-in, so no voice command work.

Edited by stusviews

Nearly everything went well. I was even able to add a scene to the sub-account and even enable the skill. But, there is still no link to the ISY in the Alexa app with the new account log-in, so no voice command work.

Try logging out of Amazon, (go to Amazon.com and make sure it doesn't have your user at the top navigation). Completely close (exit) your browser (all windows) and try the URL referenced above again.

Best,

-David

Multiple echo with different spoken for the same device is now supported.

This is achieved by having 2 echos linked to 2 different Amazon accounts linked to 2 different portal user profiles in 2 different portal accounts (or sub-accounts), which each their own set of spokens.

As of today, the same ISY can have a different set of spokens when it is registered in different accounts (or sub-accounts).

In details, you need to:

1. Have your echos tied to 2 different amazon accounts.

2. In portal:

- Create a sub-account

- Add you ISY to this sub-account, and approve access to it in the admin console.

- Create a user profile in this sub-account for the second echo

- Link this user profile with your second echo's amazon account.

- To edit spokens for your second echo, switch to your sub-account first

- To edit spokens for your first echo, switch to your root account first

Of course, you can have as many echo as you want, with each their own sub-account, user profile and set of spokens.

Also, it is not required to have a primary echo in the primary account. All echos could be managed in sub-accounts only.

For those of you who already had sub-accounts, you will start with the same spokens in each accounts/sub-accounts for all of your echos. When you add/edit/delete your spokens, the change will be applicable to that account only. Including the Delete all.

NOTE: If your account selector is set to [All], you will see all of your ISYs, no matter which account/sub-account they belong to. When an ISY is in several account/sub-accounts, you will see it only once. When you edit your spokens, without explicitly choosing the account, you can't be sure of the context of which account you are working on. You should switch to the intended account first.

Benoit.

This is awesome, thank you! It worked using groups in each of the Alexa apps, but this is cleaner. Hopefully Amazon implements this natively in a single account sometime in the future!

You guys are great!

-David

Try logging out of Amazon, (go to Amazon.com and make sure it doesn't have your user at the top navigation). Completely close (exit) your browser (all windows) and try the URL referenced above again.

Best,

-David

No luck. Same result. See image in first post.

I called Amazon and they pulled up my (new) account and were unable to solve the issue. I will they tried. While I was on the phone, on their own they found and viewed this topic.

Hi stusviews,

What operating system are you on? I did have the same issue with one customer and the issue was the persistent Amazon cookies on the browser (MAC). Had to log out of all Amazon accounts (even though you might not be logged in, the cookie stays there for your name), close ALL the browsers, and then do it one at a time. Repeat the same procedure for the second account.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

I'm using Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit. I followed the suggested procedure with no success. I also tried on a different machine that I haven't ever used to access Alexa and even logged in with an unused browser (Edge) with the same non-result. The ISY link is not there.

Respectfully,

Stu