ISY994i/IR PRO running slow

rehills

Hey folks.  I saw something strange this past weekend and I wanted to run it by everyone to see if it was a known issue.  I was playing around with my ISY, writing new programs and using the ISY portal to add spoken nodes and devices to the Echo.  

I started noticing severe performance issues with the portal.  When I would click the device or program button, it would take 1-2 minutes for the dialog box to pop up.  I wrote it off as a comm issue between the portal and Amazon but, shortly after, I realized that my ISY was responding very slow to anything I did in the Administration Console.

Switching tabs in the console would take 60 seconds or more.  Performance was rapidly deteriorating and the response time was getting exponentially worse.  For some reason, I had the foresight to open the event viewer.  What I saw was what appeared to be an endless stream of incoming time update messages.  I wish I would have had the brains to capture a screen shot or save the log but I was in a panic.

I rebooted the ISY and quickly went into the System tab and unchecked the "enable NTP check every 24 hours" option.  It's been fine ever since but, I am no longer updating time.  I was using pool.ntp.org

My firmware and UI are both v.4.3.26

Anyone seen this before?

Rick

I've seen weird things when using 'pool.ntp.org', try 1.us.pool.ntp.org.

See also this thread.  Could be symptoms of another network error, such as another device trying to be the same IP as the ISY.

Hi Rick,Time updates Or NTP time updates? Time updates could be programs running and, based on what you were experiencing, I think you had a program in an infinite loop.With kind regards,Michel

In my mind, they were NTP updates but, I don't want to lead you astray. I wish I would have taken a screen shot before I rebooted the ISY. I don't think it was a program loop because I only have a couple programs and they are extremely simple - turning on devices - with no looping or programs calling other programs. I will try switching to 1.us.pool.ntp.org.

Rick

Archived