Multiple ISY / Profile support

James Peterson

I will hopefully be rolling out out support for this by the end of the week.  I have a few tests running in alpha right now on mine and my wife's devices.  There are still a few things that need to be added for convenience reasons, but If we don't see any issues, I will push it this weekend.  

I have also added the ability to sort the order of preference for the auto connection mode.  (honestly I can't remember if that was already pushed or not. So much going on.)

Official Portal login support from the initial login page.  

Screenshots included.

post-4839-0-38050600-1462977247_thumb.png

post-4839-0-37271700-1462977248_thumb.png

post-4839-0-37443400-1462977249_thumb.png

post-4839-0-96135600-1462977250_thumb.png

post-4839-0-41772100-1462977252_thumb.png

post-4839-0-94793400-1462977253_thumb.png

You have native ISY Portal support... Milk it!

People want Alexa Connected Home which Mobilinc Connect cannot do. However, Mobilinc are apparently telling people that they cannot use ISY Portal with Mobilinc. There is your opportunity - driving your own app sales as well as ISY Portal subscriptions.

Also, your using a websocket subscription I believe (Mobilinc uses a SOAP subscription). Websocket subscriptions are more friendly to reverse proxies, while SOAP subscriptions cannot work thru a reverse proxy. However, that's a pretty technical difference that most users won't care about.

You have native ISY Portal support... Milk it!

People want Alexa Connected Home which Mobilinc Connect cannot do. However, Mobilinc are apparently telling people that they cannot use ISY Portal with Mobilinc. There is your opportunity - driving your own app sales as well as ISY Portal subscriptions.

Also, your using a websocket subscription I believe (Mobilinc uses a SOAP subscription). Websocket subscriptions are more friendly to reverse proxies, while SOAP subscriptions cannot work thru a reverse proxy. However, that's a pretty technical difference that most users won't care about.

Beautifully said, and one important add on: Going back to where this started... you are actively developing your app and acting on feature requests from users.

Paul

Archived