Time Zone Wrong After Reboot

MWoods329

How am supposed to make a smart comeback when you use complicated acronyms?

You sure know how to kill a conversation!

:)

Gross domestic product (GDP) is the monetary value of all the finished goods and services produced within a country's borders in a specific time period. Though GDP is usually calculated on an annual basis, it can be calculated on a quarterly basis as well.

/Sarcasm ;)

I also notice that NTP is disabled. If 'Sync the clock with computers time's was pressed with a zone or DST mismatch, this could cause an offset to UTC to be present, resulting in the wrong time being displayed.

So, enable NTP, change it to 'pool.ntp.org', select the 'US, MI, Detroit' zone, ensure 'US-Canada' is selected for the daylight saving rule and then 'Synchronize Now'.

What happens?

I also notice that NTP is disabled. If 'Sync the clock with computers time's was pressed with a zone or DST mismatch, this could cause an offset to UTC to be present, resulting in the wrong time being displayed.

So, enable NTP, change it to 'pool.ntp.org', select the 'US, MI, Detroit' zone, ensure 'US-Canada' is selected for the daylight saving rule and then 'Synchronize Now'.

What happens?

Are you ignoring me? My PC time is correct and it doesn't matter the time server. Syncing to the PC time works and is correct. My PC is working fine one the same time server.

No, not ignoring - just trying to help the OP. Just asking that you try enabling NTP, setting a known good NTP server name (this is the one I have set, and I've confirmed it working), syncing NTP (not computer time), and setting the ISY to the correct timezone with the correct daylight savings rule applies.

This is all to remove several variables currently present in an effort to identify the problem.

@Scott Thanks (GDP)

V5.0.4 uses a different style of custom location. Note no longitude entry field.

post-4697-0-31173400-1464925365_thumb.jpg

Only a few cities listed in Canada also. There many cities between Toronto and Ottawa. Some of them so big they are opening libraries and Google maps is starting to ask about them.. :)

No, not ignoring. Just asking that you try enabling NTP, setting a known good NTP server name (this is the one I have set, and I've confirmed it working), syncing NTP (not computer time), and setting the ISY to the correct timezone with the correct daylight savings rule applies.

This is all to remove several variables currently present in an effort to identify the problem.

It was enabled and it didnt work thats why I disabled it. So then changed the time server to make sure it wasnt the default time server that was an issue. That didnt fix it either. So I synced to the PC time.

At the end of the day I don't care and I rather v5 get the attention for an official release rather than going back and fixing v4 bugs. We have another six months or so until we need to change it again and the severity level is level is very low. Lets get v5 done.

Also - PC time may be displaying correct - but the zone config may still be incorrect.

On a Windows machine, please try:

wmic path win32_utctime get /format:list | findstr "Hour"

This will return your systems current UTC time. That (currently) should be 3 (3am) - no matter what timezone is selected. If it's not - your PCs system time zone is wrong.

@Scott Thanks (GDP)

V5.0.4 uses a different style of custom location. Note no longitude entry field.

attachicon.gifTime Zones.jpg

Only a few cities listed in Canada also. There many cities between Toronto and Ottawa. Some of them so big they are opening libraries. :)

Libraries? What are those? Someone said they contained books but that was like WAY back in the old days before the internet. ;)

When you say big do you mean people wise or territory size? Just because the size is large but full or trees and mountains doesnt mean it counts. Hahah :)

Also - PC time may be displaying correct - but the zoe config may still be incorrect.

On a Windows machine, please try:

wmic path win32_utctime get /format:list | findstr "Hour"

This will return your systems current UTC time. That (currently) should be 3 (3am) - no matter what timezone is selected. If it's not - your PCs system time zone is wrong.

I live in Redmond and Windows cant be wrong ;)

98ad0b1de4491a6655f78c77879c231e.jpg

@Scott Thanks (GDP)

Only a few cities listed in Canada also. There many cities between Toronto and Ottawa. Some of them so big they are opening libraries and Google maps is starting to ask about them.. :)

Try stretching the window....  it's there...

Libraries? What are those? Someone said they contained books but that was like WAY back in the old days before the internet. ;)

When you say big do you mean people wise or territory size? Just because the size is large but full or trees and mountains doesnt mean it counts. Hahah :)

I live in Redmond and Windows cant be wrong ;)

We have MS in Canada but we are working on a cure for those that suffer with it.

We have MS in Canada but we are working on a cure for those that suffer with it.

Lol different MS but still a disease to some. ;) Especially us Apple fanboys!

Ill go knock on my neighbors door and have a fix in place tonight if the timezone is wrong! Lol :) I got a neighbor that works seems like in every division in my neighborhood.

Try stretching the window....  it's there...

Geeeezzzz. I though you were making a joke.

Maybe I better revoke my gui complaint I made about that same thing. oooops! :)

Here I thought they just went by Lat. and zone in v5 but left a dangling nomenclature bug.

Thanks Michael. Turns out I was off a few degrees.

Hello all,

Detroit with -4 offset definitely a bug and already fixed. This said, please note that what you see on the screen is a hint. You can always choose offset, latitude, longitude, and day light saving rule.

Scott, this is getting way out of hand and I really cannot make any sense out of it. Please submit a ticket.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello all,

Detroit with -4 offset definitely a bug and already fixed. This said, please note that what you see on the screen is a hint. You can always choose offset, latitude, longitude, and day light saving rule.

Scott, this is getting way out of hand and I really cannot make any sense out of it. Please submit a ticket.

With kind regards,

Michel

What do you mean this is "getting way out if hand"? I was having a conversation with the other forum members. I think you are taking things to personally. I even posted about the banter back and forth. Relax.

I'm not going to waste my time with submitting a ticket, I posted here and in the other thread and posted the screenshots you asked for. I have done all I have been asked of and posted my results.

Scott,

We are trying to "fix" the issue you're having in the most efficient way. Do you want it fixed? If so, then please submit a ticket. If not, then I am not sure what else to say. Hopefully I will not be blamed for ignoring your requests.

With kind regards,

Michel

Michel, if I ever blame you for not trying to fix it I would be a hypocritical jackass because in post #32 I said "At the end of the day I don't care (if it gets fixed) and I rather v5 get the attention for an official release rather than going back and fixing v4 bugs. We have another six months or so until we need to change it again and the severity level is very low. Lets get v5 done." Granted there is a problem and I have done what was asked to show that.

@Scott Thanks (GDP)

Hi larryllix,

There IS a longitude entry field. Just stretch the right hand edge of that panel by a few pixels and the longitude field will show up.

I bitched complained nicely about his absurd behavior a while back but noting has been done to date. It is about the same level as that idiotic and mis-informative misleading message saying Internet Access: disabled in the Help > About panel ...

What has worked for me:

1. Find your latitude and longitude

2. Press change location and choose Custom Location

3. S--T--R--E--T--C--H (did anyone notice?) the panel so that the longitude entry field is displayed.

4. Enter your Lat. and Long.

5. Set your timezone offset to your STANDARD TIME offset. Canada-Pacific is -8 hours.

6. IF your area uses DST, then pick Daylight Saving Rule > US-Canada (or what country applies). Otherwise set it > Off

7. Save

Setting your lat and long gives you much more accurate sunrise and sunset times than picking a city - which in my case is almost a full timezone away.

(Note:- The red 'X' in the upper right corner of this panel does not work even though the red 'X' has been the standard for closing panels since the beginning of time ( well maybe not quite); you must press 'Cancel' or 'Ok'.).

Hi larryllix,

There IS a longitude entry field. Just stretch the right hand edge of that panel by a few pixels and the longitude field will show up.

<snipped>

Thanks. I got this figured out after Mwareman kicked my butt  around a bit, in a post above.

Archived