IRLinc Transmitter annouced by Smarthome

AnthemAVM

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys well this opens a whole new can of worms can you give us a insite as to your planes for support IE maintin IR commands for this deice trigger funtions etc just a pre outline to your direction It would be a big help for dev plans on our part I am sure

Many Thanks

Regards

Robert

Hi Robert,

We would love to support this device but I don't think we'll support it in the current official release. We have to first get to a stable INSTEON baseline before adding more complexity.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi guys well this opens a whole new can of worms can you give us a insite as to your planes for support IE maintin IR commands for this deice trigger funtions etc just a pre outline to your direction It would be a big help for dev plans on our part I am sure

Many Thanks

Regards

Robert

Hi Robert,

We would love to support this device but I don't think we'll support it in the current official release. We have to first get to a stable INSTEON baseline before adding more complexity.

With kind regards,

Michel

Many Thanks

Regards

Robert

Michael,

Will it be supported in the beta versions, as this would be really cool to add into the system.

It's my understanding that an ISY IR out module was put on a temporary hold because the more important i2 communication issues. I hope the ISY module takes precedence over support for the SH module. What can we expect?

I can understand that, and would rather put my money in UD than SH.

Thanks

Yes but the sm unit can be placed where ever and many can be used in multiple locations. where the isy unit is a unit of one in one location unless they are coming out with a networkunit that can be addressed.....

Regards

Robert

I thought about that, and maybe Simplehomenet and UD are working on something together.

Michael

The drama is killing me....so I guess by your reply we need to wait and watch for the release of the new film I hope it is a Triple features as i need 3 units to control my home of electronic maddness and the price has to be within reason....

Regards

Robert

Yes but it is IR to device just like our isy ir device We are talking device to IR and the only product from sm is due in they say 2 months for 90.00 A great thing if it works but what scares me is the programing of macros etc sounds from the pdf to be a job and if each command set limited in size we may have to chain sets etc if it can even be done so as always we have to wait and see.....And then the great ? will ISY support it.....

And Why should they if they already have 50% of the product and interface All they need is a remote sending unit could be a homerun to provide true ir control on a total network.....This could move the ISY product into a whole new market and hopefully allow them to expand and grow......just looking through the looking glass......and then there are proucts like Irtrans the answer for today but the price point is a bit high......

Regards

Robert

Archived