23% off Site Wise Labor Day Sale

Brian H

FWIW, Smarthome has been trying a new tact. When you browse an item, a couple days later they will send you an email with a discount offer (typically 5%). If you delay a bit longer, they will send you another discount offer for 10%.

Haven't checked to see if these expire. I imagine if I called and mentioned it, I would get the discount. That is, IF you can get through to them on the phone!

(I will provide feedback, as I do have a couple of items to order, and I HAVE to do it on the phone, because I have a store credit, and their database has several of me. I have to do it on the phone to clarify which one of me has the credit and which one of me is ordering...)

Must be nice to have that much business! Or really sucks if you work there and they cut-back staff to the point where they can't answer their calls...

I have also been getting at least one email a day with a sales pitch. Yesterday it was a VIP discount.

I believe it was a Lamplinc and HUB-II for $59.99

This is a change from the previous years. Where they only had a few sales at holiday times.

Maybe business isn't as good as they would like to see.

The advert indicates this year the multi-packs are excluded from the 23% discount. I find it odd that buying the KPL's separately and using the discount is cheaper?!?

Perhaps one day someone will have basic math skills when they put up these Ads. A standard KPL multi-pack is now going for an insane $287.99 or $71.99 each.

Sometime last year the very same multi-pack price was $199.99 compared to $287.99 a difference of $88.00! At the $199.99 price level for four KPL that only came out as $49.99 each.

Using the Labor Day sale of 23% it comes out as $61.59 each per KPL?!?!

So if you do some basic math last year you could have purchased the very same item for $49.99 - 61.59 = $11.59 Prices don't seem to be getting lower but higher across the board and those one time deals seem to be far and few. Back in the day the 20% discount sales had some value but with base prices jacked up I don't see how that is the case now.

You literally pay $11.59 more per KPL today with a 23% discount . . .

The advert indicates this year the multi-packs are excluded from the 23% discount. I find it odd that buying the KPL's separately and using the discount is cheaper?!?

Perhaps one day someone will have basic math skills when they put up these Ads. A standard KPL multi-pack is now going for an insane $287.99 or $71.99 each.

Sometime last year the very same multi-pack price was $199.99 compared to $287.99 a difference of $88.00! At the $199.99 price level for four KPL that only came out as $49.99 each.

Using the Labor Day sale of 23% it comes out as $61.59 each per KPL?!?!

So if you do some basic math last year you could have purchased the very same item for $49.99 - 61.59 = $11.59 Prices don't seem to be getting lower but higher across the board and those one time deals seem to be far and few. Back in the day the 20% discount sales had some value but with base prices jacked up I don't see how that is the case now.

You literally pay $11.59 more per KPL today with a 23% discount . . .

I ordered a two pack of the plug in on/off modules and it gave me the 23% off.  It ended up being $75.82 to my house price.

I got one of their VIP deals for a 5-pack of KPLs for $230.

Yes the VIP 5 pack was a much better offer for sure coming in at $46.XX USD. At that price point it's still expensive for a single switch but there's a heck of a lot better value than $60.XX plus!

I don't get it your house is worth $75.82 more in value or simple cost?!?

I read that as: "It ended up being $75.82 delivered."

-Xathros

That comes out to be $37.91 per unit or $12.08 off the retail price of $49.99. I would say that's a pretty good deal considering the shipping was either free or super low. I can't honestly say I know what super low / free shipping looks like from Smarthome!

Base price regardless of size / weight / dimensions starts at $30.XX via USPS and only goes up from there to something insanely stupid $66.XX.

That comes out to be $37.91 per unit or $12.08 off the retail price of $49.99. I would say that's a pretty good deal considering the shipping was either free or super low. I can't honestly say I know what super low / free shipping looks like from Smarthome!

Base price regardless of size / weight / dimensions starts at $30.XX via USPS and only goes up from there to something insanely stupid $66.XX.

Shipping was around $6 for the super saver.  I'm in no rush.

I ordered a few parts but even at the $29 less 23% for the Insteon to iR module and $32 economy shipping I don't think I saved any cash.

Then with the possibility of a bad Insteon part it may be cheaper to toss it than ship it back under warranty.

I ordered a few parts but even at the $29 less 23% for the Insteon to iR module and $32 economy shipping I don't think I saved any cash.

Then with the possibility of a bad Insteon part it may be cheaper to toss it than ship it back under warranty.

$32 bucks! :shock:   You really just need to move out of Canada I guess.

Yup. These guys are definitely clones, or actually the old X10.com. They have spammed me with the same advertisement, every day since I ordered.

Classic moronic SH ('hit 'ead) thinking. My order hasn't been filled yet and they are spamming me to buy the same stuff from the same sale.

Yup. These guys are definitely clones, or actually the old X10.com. They have spammed me with the same advertisement, every day since I ordered.

Classic moronic SH ('hit 'ead) thinking. My order hasn't been filled yet and they are spamming me to buy the same stuff from the same sale.

Mine shipped a couple hours after my order.  USPS says it left Los Angeles 9/2 (ordered 9/1).

Not quite as bad as the old X10 Wireless Technologies was so far.

No scantily clad young ladies and X10 cameras pointed at them yet.

I suspect the email list of users signed up for the specials. Does not check to see if anyone has ordered yet and just bulk sends to the whole list.

I got another one today saying time is running out to order.

Will probably get one tomorrow indicating even a shorter time left.

Not quite as bad as the old X10 Wireless Technologies was so far.

No scantily clad young ladies and X10 cameras pointed at them yet.

I suspect the email list of users signed up for the specials. Does not check to see if anyone has ordered yet and just bulk sends to the whole list.

I got another one today saying time is running out to order.

Will probably get one tomorrow indicating even a shorter time left.

Yeah, at least I can read their webpages. X10.com got so bad with pop-ups the browser lost control. LOL

I unsubscribed anyway to stop the nonsense. Three spams the same in two days now.

• 3 weeks later...

My order still hasn't been processed or shipped yet, ordered Sept 2, 2016

Grrrrrrrr.....

I'm in the same boat, ordered on 09/02 as well.  Just sent them an email to see where my order sits, according to the automated reply, this can take up to 2 days.

Not impressed!

Archived