Notification Variables Help

HABit

I'm trying to find the documentation regarding the available variables under the Alert category. I've found the documentation regarding the other categories, but not for any under Alert.

post-8696-0-94792300-1483565144_thumb.jpg

What I'm trying to do is identify the source of a Device Not Responding status (ie the  name or even address of the device) where one program is monitoring multiple devices (ie Insteon controls). So far using any of the variables in the notification under the Alert category yields a blank value in the notification.

I'm trying to find the documentation regarding the available variables under the Alert category. I've found the documentation regarding the other categories, but not for any under Alert.

attachicon.gifNotifyVars.JPG

What I'm trying to do is identify the source of a Device Not Responding status (ie the  name or even address of the device) where one program is monitoring multiple devices (ie Insteon controls). So far using any of the variables in the notification under the Alert category yields a blank value in the notification.

I have never used any of that style variables but it looks as if you have to substitute your device number for the "#" character placeholder.

I use a room number deined by Integer Variable constants and use a notification with that number. Then I include a room number legend at the bottom of the notification. There may be much better ways now.

This is the direct link to the substitution variable page, Michel posted the page containing various related links, including this one.

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-994i_Series:EMail_and_Networking_Substitution_Variables

That's not the page the link takes me to. I get the portal and NR module pricing page and section.

Your link works fine on two different browsers.

Archived