ISY is not online

mserrar

• 2 weeks later...

I have been successfully using the portal for a long time, and more recently the polyglot cloud. In trying to solve a Dark sky node issue, I decided to try and reinstall it.

Somehow, I wonder if broke something in this process  such that now BOTH the Portal and polyglot cant find my ISY.. Says ISY is offline. All I did was delete the profile in the isy node server config file and then try to delete the dark sky node server on the polyglot cloud. 

However, I have no problems running the Admin Council locally, or using mobilinc over the cell network (not my lan), They connect just fine. So its something to do with the portal? 

Is it down?  or did I do something? thanks...

1 hour ago, dbwarner5 said:

I can log into the portal.. but for example if I select tools / isy web portal, I get the error, isy is not online. 

I am going to go ahead and open a ticket.. something seems to have gone haywire on UD end I think.

RESOLVED.... I deleted my isy from the portal and re-added it. Had to reboot it to get the approval to go through, but once I rebooted, and approved, I am back on line at the portal and polyglot... whew.

UPDATE--> NOT RESOLVED : its showing green on line, but nothing is connecting again.. polyglot worked for about 5 minutes. If I try to access Amazon, I get error message that ISY is not online... 

SORTA RESOLVED --> I repeated the above action, but this time went and immediately deleted the dark sky server and things are now stable, however I lost ~100 amazon commands... never downloaded a copy.. this is a very very bad day... 

last update:  was able to go to the Alexa web page and copy  and paste into a spreadsheet the list of Devices and Scenes. Reentering them in the portal became manageable with this list as it has the spoken name and the isy address of the scene or program. Variable a bit trickier but doable. had to go and repopulate any routines that called old scenes variable and devices.

Process for recover:

1)copy from Alexa web page and paste into spreadsheet

2) reenter them into portal

3) delete the old ones from Alex via web browser

4)re-discover..

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am currently having a problem on my ISY. I am using my isy with the firmware version 5.0.15A and it connects well with the polyglot running on my raspberry and isy portal account, but now I cannot connect to the portal account although the status on the admin console shows online but on the web it's not online and the node server item is no longer visible on the admin console. I later updated to a newer firmware version 5.0.16C but it was no different, I also refer to related topics on the forum but it has not been solved yet. Below is the error log and image on my admin console. 

please help!

Thanks!ISY Error Log.v5.0.16C__Thu 2020.02.13 17.11.50.txt

hoi.png

hoi2.png

hoi3.png

2 hours ago, HAO said:

Hello, I am currently having a problem on my ISY.

I'm making a guess from looking at your error log, but it appears that you might have connected your ISY to the MobiLinc Portal (I think your screenshot suggests that as well).  The ISY can only connect to one portal service at a time.  If you're connected to the MobiLinc Portal, you can't connect to the UDI Portal, and you'll get the results you're seeing.

You'll have to choose which portal you connect to.  There are advantages/disadvantages to both, but the cloud based nodeservers are not available through the MobiLinc Portal, only the UDI Portal.

It appears that you need to purchase either the Networking Module or the UDI Portal (not the MobiLinc Portal) in order to get the proper functionality in your ISY. 

In your previous screenshots, you appeared to have had accounts with both the MobiLinc Portal and the UDI Portal. 

Now, it appears that you've dropped at least the UDI Portal, since the "Networking" and "Portals" tabs have been removed from your ISY. 

If you still have the MobiLinc Portal, then you'll need to purchase the "Networking Module" from UDI.  You can purchase the Networking Module using the "Help | Purchase Modules" menu on your ISY.

If you dropped both the MobiLinc Portal and the UDI Portal, then you have three options:

1. purchase the UDI Portal which will give you both the "Networking" and "Portals" tab on your ISY, which will give you access to your nodeservers on your ISY, as well as the ability to connect remotely and use vocal assistants (Google Home and Amazon Echo), among other things
  2. purchase the "Network Module" from UDI as described above, which will give you access to your your nodeservers on your ISY
  3. purchase the "Network Module" from UDI and the Portal from MobiLinc, which will give you the "Networking" and "Portals" tabs on your ISY, which will give you access to your nodeservers on your ISY, as well as the ability to connect remotely and use vocal assistants.

The simplest choice may be 1, but it requires a small annual payment to UDI.  This also gives you access to cloud based nodeservers that would otherwise be unavailable.  The subscription to the UDI Portal is less expensive than the MobiLinc Portal. 

The MobiLinc Portal has advantages if you are a MobiLinc user, but you must also purchase the "Networking Module" from UDI to use it.  You can still use MobiLinc with the UDI Portal, but some of the functionality of MobiLinc is limited.

Be advised that your ISY cannot connect to both the UDI Portal and the MobiLinc Portal at the same time.  You only get one...

Thanks Bumbershoot very much

I have solved the problem thanks to your instructions. but I still have a problem when I upgrade z-ware, the error is as shown below. Please give me suggestions to resolve the issue.

I am using firmware 5.0.16C

zware.png

29 minutes ago, HAO said:

Thanks Bumbershoot very much

I have solved the problem thanks to your instructions. but I still have a problem when I upgrade z-ware, the error is as shown below. Please give me suggestions to resolve the issue.

I am using firmware 5.0.16C

zware.png

That error I've never seen.  You can let us know what Z-Wave version you have installed.  Use the menu "Z-Wave | Advanced | Z-Wave Version".  If you're running the same "Z-Wave Version" and "Bootloader Version" as is shown in this screenshot, then you're version is current and no upgrade is available.  This means that the 500 series Z-Wave dongle is installed in your ISY, which is the latest available.

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 7.59.05 PM.png

9 hours ago, HAO said:

z-ware's menu is in like this

Z1.png

Z2.png

The menu item that says, "Z-Wave dongle not responding" is interesting.  This looks to me that you might have one of these problems:

1. the Z-Wave dongle is not properly seated in it's slot in your ISY
  2. the Z-Wave dongle is defective, or
  3. the Z-Wave dongle is missing

It appears that you have purchased the Z-Wave module from UDI (firmware).  Did you also purchase the Z-Wave dongle (hardware) when you purchased you ISY?  If not, you can purchase one here.

If you purchased one, you might check to see that it's properly seated in it's slot in your ISY.

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 6.25.51 AM.png

• 1 month later...

My ISY has always just connected to the portal without problems.  For the past three days or so it's not connecting.  My error log is full of this:

Sat 2020/04/04 06:14:30 PM    System    -170001    [TCP-Conn] -1/-140002, Portal-Dispatch    
Sat 2020/04/04 06:15:10 PM    System    -170001    [TCP-Conn] -1/-140002, Portal-Dispatch    

My Dashboard network settings look like this:

image.png.57017bad52aaa6ff28e222b29c51e317.png

My Admin console shows:

image.png.59b3cb008f393363880404adeb55ae9d.png

I'm running 5.0.15A.

I can't think of anything that's changed on my home network that would make this suddenly stop connecting.

Any thoughts?

Following up, with Michel's help the issue was resolved.

It turns out that it was a router issue.

My Verizon G1100 "Quantum Gateway" router decided to block outbound communication from the ISY.  After tracking it down on the router I remember having gone through this before a year or two ago with another device. Rebooting the ISY, the router, any intermediate switches, getting rid of the static IP assignment, etc. doesn't do any good.  It seems the G1100 remembers the blocked device by MAC address and even after assigning it a new IP address it will keep it blocked.

Once you know where to find "blocked" status in the router it's just a click to clear it, and that resolved the issue.  It's just not where I'd expect it to be.  It's also not clear why it blocked the ISY to begin with.

Hi folks, looks like it's my turn to report this issue. 

Running 5.0.16C things were going great for quite some time. This morning I couldn't control any lights with alexa. I have over 100 lights/scenes that were working great with Alexa I REALLY don't want to have to set all those up again. my.isy.io shows my "ISY is not online". My admin console works fine, and my elk security system can control lights over the LAN and my isy can control ELK. I checked my security settings are TLS 1.2, set to ALL with Verify unchecked. I reinstalled 5.0.16C and still no luck. I am set to static IP but DNS is 8.8.4.4

Any suggestions before I totally unlink it from portal and try to re link (assuming then I'd have to delete all devices form alexa and re add........) ??

Thank you for your support!

ISY Error Log.v5.0.16C__Sun 2020.04.12 10.55.26 AM.txt ISY Error Log.v5.0.16C__Sun 2020.04.12 11.37.44 AM_AFTER_RESTORE_ISY.txt ISY Error Log.v5.0.16C__Sun 2020.04.12 12.15.25 PM_AFTER_RESTORE_AFTER_FIRMWARE_REINSTALL.txt

I guess all of this happened after the Start at 9:10am. I don't remember power cycling the isy so i'm not sure why it restarted. 

I DID recently integrate my RTI system with the Home Butler skill so I could control my security system and audio video components with alexa commands via RTI. 

But last night the RTI commands AND the ISY commands were working. 

This morning at 9:02am I did push new settings to RTI and there's a chance I may have ran a 'discover devices' on alexa somewhere around that time....

Is it really possible that a different Alexa Skill took my whole ISY offline?  I could maybe see some conflicts within the Alexa app but the fact that I can't access via the portal is odd. 

The only devices that could maybe be conflicting are that the ISY has a scene with Alexa called 'Downstairs' which controls all the lights on that floor. 
I recently setup a 'switch' with the RTI Home Butler skill called Downstairs TV, Downstairs Theater Speakers, Downstairs Volume. Could that be what's causing all this? I would have expected other errors if so... 

Just trying to think of everything here and get y'all as much info as I can! 

10 minutes ago, ryanmccluretx said:

I guess all of this happened after the Start at 9:10am. I don't remember power cycling the isy so i'm not sure why it restarted. 

I DID recently integrate my RTI system with the Home Butler skill so I could control my security system and audio video components with alexa commands via RTI. 

But last night the RTI commands AND the ISY commands were working. 

This morning at 9:02am I did push new settings to RTI and there's a chance I may have ran a 'discover devices' on alexa somewhere around that time....

Is it really possible that a different Alexa Skill took my whole ISY offline?  I could maybe see some conflicts within the Alexa app but the fact that I can't access via the portal is odd. 

The only devices that could maybe be conflicting are that the ISY has a scene with Alexa called 'Downstairs' which controls all the lights on that floor. 
I recently setup a 'switch' with the RTI Home Butler app called Downstairs TV, Downstairs Theater Speakers, Downstairs Volume. Could that be what's causing all this? I would have expected other errors if so... 

Just trying to think of everything here and get y'all as much info as I can! 

I think something is wrong with the portal. Just starting this morning I can't connect alexa or mobilinc.

This isn't scientific but I've been reading posts in several threads, the general summary might be that if your isy was connected to the portal before this morning there is no problem, but if the ISY  was restarted (which is the last stepup of upgrade) the connection to portal can't be re-established.   That's my guess, but most of the people that have stated problems it seems the common theme is "isy restarted" and "portal/alexa offline".

Archived