Adjusting Darkness Sensitivity of Motion Detectors #2420M

Illusion

In the interest of preserving battery life and reducing network traffic:

Has anyone found that a change to the darkness sensitivity of the motion detectors can eliminate the Dusk/Dawn event altogether?

I am sure that I am not the only person who is not interested in this feature, and certainly not on all my detectors. It seems to me that each time the device has to send a wireless command, it is using power unnecessarily for a feature I do not care about-not to mention all the unnecessary wireless traffic.

Of course, if the feature were disabled I assume that it would also disable it internally in the device itself. So if we can shut it off altogether, we would not be able to use the "Only Trigger At Night" mode of the device, which could actually increase network traffic and battery usage as the detector would be sending commands all day and night, even when we only want a trigger to occur in darkness. Here the isy would have to always do the determination of wether on not to trigger the event. This would be a bad deal for the objectives of reduced traffic and power usage by the detectors.

Any thoughts on this?

• 3 weeks later...
I have a similar question:

what should we set the "darkness sensitivity" to to make it not send commands as often? 0 or 255?

Darkness Sensitivity - The higher the value, the darker it needs to be for the unit to see night. Default = 35. Range = 0 - 255.

Rand

Archived