Single email notification for on/off variable subject?

Is it possible to have an email notification sent to let me know the status change?

What I want to do is get a notification when a light is turned on and when it is turned off, but didn't want to have to set an email notification or program as two different notifications.

if office is on email me "Subject: Office Light turned on / Body: Office light turned on at xx:xx am/pm on mm/dd/yyyy"

Then if the light is turned off to send another notification that it turned off, but change the subject to "Office light turned off". 

I'm just trying to combine the notifications into one process rather than having multiple notifications setup.

Ultimately, I would like it for any of a series of lights (Office, Front Door, Garage, Playroom). I want these for when we're away to get an idea for when automatic/random programs trigger the lights to change.

Is that too much and I should just make multiple notification customization entries for each variable?

Is it possible to have an email notification sent to let me know the status change?

What I want to do is get a notification when a light is turned on and when it is turned off, but didn't want to have to set an email notification or program as two different notifications.

if office is on email me "Subject: Office Light turned on / Body: Office light turned on at xx:xx am/pm on mm/dd/yyyy"

Then if the light is turned off to send another notification that it turned off, but change the subject to "Office light turned off". 

I'm just trying to combine the notifications into one process rather than having multiple notifications setup.

Ultimately, I would like it for any of a series of lights (Office, Front Door, Garage, Playroom). I want these for when we're away to get an idea for when automatic/random programs trigger the lights to change.

Is that too much and I should just make multiple notification customization entries for each variable?

Yes, this will do exactly want you want. Create a program for each device you want to monitor or you can include all devices in the IF clause of just one program.. You'll only need the one email custom notification for any device you want to monitor.

If    

Control 'Patio Door North' is switched On

Or Control 'Patio Door North' is switched Off

Then

Send Notification to 'YOUR EMAIL' content 'Node Status Alert'

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Create a custom email with the name "Node Status Alert"

The following line should be in the subject of your email using the variables below.

${sys.node.#.name} / ${alert.control} at ${alert.time12}

Yes, this will do exactly want you want. Create a program for each device you want to monitor or you can include all devices in the IF clause of just one program.. You'll only need the one email custom notification for any device you want to monitor.

Perfect! I'll have to give it a shot! Thanks for the help and program layout. I think it's the variables that I haven't understood/mastered yet so this will help.

You will need some text in the body of the email, even if it is just ".", also or it won't send it.

The variables in the body of the email will work without any additional text, it's just that the body of the email can't be left blank.

Archived