PLM ISSUES

I have been using my isy controller and plm for a couple of years now. Finally now i have a issue i don't know how to proceed forward with. Here is my setup.

New mac book pro with OX 10.12.5 running all current updates installed.

Java 8 update 131 installed.

ISY with z wave capability.

I can login to the isy, via wifi. Sign in and see the user pages.

I can't see any of my devices.

My current PLM is a 2.2 version. which has replaced a older unit 1.8 version. Which I'm not sure now was bad. Because the same issues are happing.

So i can get past the login page. But that were everything stops working.

I can't see any of the devices, programs, or any thing that was created and working before now.

So using diagnostics, i run the plm test. And i get and error message. PLM not connected. I replaced the cat 5e connection cable nothing changes.

So the isy is not "talking" to the plm, thats why i replaced the plm, and cable.

I tried reseting the isy, restoring the isy, deleting the plm ( to start from new) and I'm having no luck.

Another issue now is when i try to login the first attempt after entering the name and password the program opens up for about 2 seconds and shuts down. When i try the login a 2nd time it accepts the password and stays open, but none of the functions work, ( linking, status of items, display of devices)

Would a new flash drive with the current software, cure this. 

I have been using my isy controller and plm for a couple of years now. Finally now i have a issue i don't know how to proceed forward with. Here is my setup.

New mac book pro with OX 10.12.5 running all current updates installed.

Java 8 update 131 installed.

ISY with z wave capability.

I can login to the isy, via wifi. Sign in and see the user pages.

I can't see any of my devices.

My current PLM is a 2.2 version. which has replaced a older unit 1.8 version. Which I'm not sure now was bad. Because the same issues are happing.

So i can get past the login page. But that were everything stops working.

I can't see any of the devices, programs, or any thing that was created and working before now.

So using diagnostics, i run the plm test. And i get and error message. PLM not connected. I replaced the cat 5e connection cable nothing changes.

So the isy is not "talking" to the plm, thats why i replaced the plm, and cable.

I tried reseting the isy, restoring the isy, deleting the plm ( to start from new) and I'm having no luck.

Another issue now is when i try to login the first attempt after entering the name and password the program opens up for about 2 seconds and shuts down. When i try the login a 2nd time it accepts the password and stays open, but none of the functions work, ( linking, status of items, display of devices)

Would a new flash drive with the current software, cure this. 

Do you have a good and recent ISY backup?

What version of the ISY firmware are you running.

By deleting the PLM you've deleted the PLM's links from the ISY. You need to restore the ISY from a backup and then follow the restore PLM procedure in the link below.

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:File_Menu#Restore_Modem_.28PLM.29

I cannot help but be concerned that deleting the PLM has sent you down a path you did not want to go. Beforehand, I would have tried most of the things you did, but deleting the PLM, I understand, removes all links between the plm and devices, rendering them unknown to the ISY.

Do you have a current backup?

I dont know whether a new flash memory card would contribute to this problem, but suspect a backup is also required to replace it.

Do you have a spare insteon device laying around? As a diagnostic step, can you add that device? If so, this would suggest to me that your PLM and ISY are working and talking to each other.

isy firm ware is 4.5 version that just got up dated 2 days ago, i thought that was my issue at first. So I don't have a backup with that version on it.

When i originally set up the system i used a PC with windows 98 operating system on it. I know there are some backups on the old PC but i don't know if i can use my mac to install the files onto the isy. Also they will be backed up when version 3.1 was the isy's operating system when first installed. So no i don't have a current backup.

After i posted my question, and before i saw your replies I tried a couple of things:

1. I ran a "isy restore"and selected my most current backup. After the progress bar was complete at 100%

I got a "XML PARSE ERROR"  (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.:xx/desc.

2. Then i tried a "PLM RESTORE" and got a error.      (ERROR Failed resetting the plm  [-200000/-30])

SUBSCRIBER DIDN'T REPLY TO EVENT:1 [26]

3. Then i tried a PLM info/status check 0.0.0v0/ not connected.

My question is this, can the isy be reset, and a new flash card inserted with a current version of soft ware to bring the isy back to a start up condition? And then i reconnect the new plm like when it was first installed. And i then proceed and relink all of the devices?

Also thanks for the page link i printed it out 

This quickly gets beyond my own personal experience, so I can only suggest checking out the wiki user manuals. Better yet, I can tell you that tech support for universal devices is quite good. Perhaps you should consider contacting them.

isy firm ware is 4.5 version that just got up dated 2 days ago, i thought that was my issue at first. So I don't have a backup with that version on it.

When i originally set up the system i used a PC with windows 98 operating system on it. I know there are some backups on the old PC but i don't know if i can use my mac to install the files onto the isy. Also they will be backed up when version 3.1 was the isy's operating system when first installed. So no i don't have a current backup.

After i posted my question, and before i saw your replies I tried a couple of things:

1. I ran a "isy restore"and selected my most current backup. After the progress bar was complete at 100%

I got a "XML PARSE ERROR"  (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.:xx/desc.

2. Then i tried a "PLM RESTORE" and got a error.      (ERROR Failed resetting the plm  [-200000/-30])

SUBSCRIBER DIDN'T REPLY TO EVENT:1 [26]

3. Then i tried a PLM info/status check 0.0.0v0/ not connected.

My question is this, can the isy be reset, and a new flash card inserted with a current version of soft ware to bring the isy back to a start up condition? And then i reconnect the new plm like when it was first installed. And i then proceed and relink all of the devices?

Also thanks for the page link i printed it out 

What version of the ISY do you have, 994 or 99i

About how many devices do you have on your system, how many of those are battery devices?

When you updated to the 4.5.x firmware did you also update the UI to version 4.5.x?

At this point I think your only option is to start from scratch. Being that you don't have a viable backup and the fact that you used delete modem your links are, for the most part, deleted.

I doubt that your SD card is a problem, My advice is at this point don't touch it.

Before you do anything, let me know the answers to the above questions.

The parse error you got doing the restore I suppose might have something to do with the UI version being newer than the backup.  I don't think that this is the case, but maybe.  

I would take Michel up on his offer to look at your situation.

If your system isn't that big, then you might just factory reset everything and start from scratch.  It could easily take less time if you have like a 40 device setup and not a million programs.

Archived