Email Domain - Forum Does Not Recognize a Valid Domain

Tango

I'm building a new house and setting up home automation.  The people at UD have been extremely helpful in helping me learn about their devices and what they work with.  Today I'm at a point where I'm ordering a lot of what I'll need for our new house and, along with that, I'm joining this forum, since I know I'll be exploring what I can do with my ISY and all the ways I can use it to make life easier.

I ran into an issue registering with the forum.  I use an email with a domain that is one of the newer gTLDs (generic Top Level Domain).  It doesn't have a ".com" or ".org" or one of the long standing TLDs at the end of it.  My domain ends in .dance.  This is one of over a thousand legal domains.  Now you can also get .actor, .digital, .realtor, and many other TLDs other than .com or other traditional domains.  (Here's a current list of legal TLDs, including the gTLDs: http://data.iana.org/TLD/tlds-alpha-by-domain.txt.)

I'm using an email I don't use as much anymore, but it would be nice if the forum software were updated so these legal domains could be used.  If nothing else, a "return" could be put right at the first line of the email address validation routine (which is part of the registration page).

Archived