How do we forget smart home devices in new Amazon mobile app?

ahwman

Amazon updated their iOS app and now I can’t find where to forget all smart home devices like before? Why must they fix what isn’t broken?

Most often a "fix" is accompanied by a few or, more often, many enhancements. Along with enhancements there's often a change to existing procedures. But, you're correct. I haven't found a way to even forget one device using iOS.

Most often a "fix" is accompanied by a few or, more often, many enhancements. Along with enhancements there's often a change to existing procedures. But, you're correct. I haven't found a way to even forget one device using iOS.

Please tell me there’s a workaround? I can’t imagine what possible reason Amazon would have for doing this. Now I have a total mess in my hands with a bunch of rogue devices which don’t exist any longer. I even tried uninking the ISY skill and the devices remain...

Edited by ahwman

The Echo app never forgets even if you remove the device, scene and/or program. That's what the forget command is for. I always use a computer, so I don't know how iOS handled forgetting before the update. Do you have access to a computer? That may be the only remaining way to forget.

The Echo app never forgets even if you remove the device, scene and/or program. That's what the forget command is for. I always use a computer, so I don't know how iOS handled forgetting before the update. Do you have access to a computer? That may be the only remaining way to forget.

Yes, I do have access to a computer. I would be so appreciative if you could direct me to the right place to accomplish this...

Looks like the amazon webpage access has been locked out to Canadian IP addresses again. It will not take a login anymore.

The account name and password can be filled in but all buttons and options are dead and do not respond.

hmmmmm.... Google Home is looking better all the time, exsecially with multiple Echoes and Dots responding simultaneously and just not answering at times.

Yesterday we did a little experiment and found some Dots would add a certain item to our shopping list while the Echo and Dot across the room would not add it, or even respond when that particular phrase was used. When we removed the "Robin Hood" name from the item it worked flawlessly every time. This happened with one Echo and one Dot. The other two Dots had no problem with the same phrase it at all. Just ignoring and not even acknowledging  the request is not a good response

Arg, I was just looking for this today. It looks like the "new hotness" is to disable and re-enable the skill. But even that didn't seem to work for me, so I've had to "Forget" one by one all my Harmony devices. :/

If you go to this link from a PC or Mac, you can forget all of your devices. For the life of me I can’t understand why Amazon would remove this feature from the iOS app.

https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#cards