KPL secondary not visible/ LED status wrong

andrew77

Hi Guys;

when I put a KPL H button into a scene, it disappears.

It says it's already a member of the scene but I can't control it or see the button present.

It controls a Lamplinc.

I'm also having trouble getting the state of the KPL LEDS to match the actual state of the lights.

Example, when scenes turn on (sometimes with a timer), the lights are on but the KPL button that controls them isn't.

And sometimes when I shut off the scene in a room the secondary KPL light is still on.

Any solutions?

Am i programming scenes or timers wrong?

Drew

Hi Guys;

when I put a KPL H button into a scene, it disappears.

It says it's already a member of the scene but I can't control it or see the button present.

If you add the button as a Controller it doesn't disappear, it's in the tree on the left side of the screen. When you add the KPL button as a controller it's state cannot be changed so it is not displayed in the list of responders. When you expand the scene in the tree and select the KPL button you can use 'Copy Scene Attributes' or you can select different levels/rates than the scene as controlled by the ISY.

It controls a Lamplinc.

I'm also having trouble getting the state of the KPL LEDS to match the actual state of the lights.

Example, when scenes turn on (sometimes with a timer), the lights are on but the KPL button that controls them isn't.

If the KPL button is in the scene it should follow scene On/Off. If it's not in the scene then add the KPL button to the scene as a responder.

And sometimes when I shut off the scene in a room the secondary KPL light is still on.

Again, add the KPL button to the scene as a responder.

Any solutions?

Am i programming scenes or timers wrong?

Drew

No, you aren't programming wrong. KPL buttons can become pretty complicated to control. With only one LampLinc it's pretty simple but when multiple devices are involved it becomes a quandry and a matter of personal preference as to when the button should be on or off.

Rand

I have the KPL H button that controls the Lamplinc as a responder.

I don't see it in the Main window on the right as far as being able to control it's ramp rate and on level.

Should I see KPL secondary buttons there?

It's listed up top where the serial numbers are etc... but not down where the sliders are.

I asked that same question before on a forum but didn't get a clear answer (not for the fault of others).

Drew

I have the KPL H button that controls the Lamplinc as a responder.

I don't see it in the Main window on the right as far as being able to control it's ramp rate and on level.

Should I see KPL secondary buttons there?

It's listed up top where the serial numbers are etc... but not down where the sliders are.

I asked that same question before on a forum but didn't get a clear answer (not for the fault of others).

Drew

The only KPL button you can control in a scene is the main (load) button. The secondary buttons don't have levels/rates so they are not available in the responder pane.

The button is displayed in the upper pane only to display it's current status.

Rand

will rand's program work for a kpl button and a garage door i/o

Yes, but the IOLinc sends a command when switched. It would be better to create a scene with the IOLinc sensor as Controller and the KPL button as Responder. Then it will work without the ISY.

Rand

Archived