Polglot V2 CAO Wireless Tags Nodeserver

Jimbo.Automates

@stre1026,

I suspect you don't have the latest udx, otherwise you could simply click the reset button once and it would download all the necessary packages on its own. If you know how to use ssh:

1. ssh admin@<the ip address for your polisy>
2. default password is admin
3. sudo pkg update
4. sudo pkg upgrade
5. sudo reboot

This should do it.

With kind regards,
Michel

@Michel Kohanim, I updated my Polisy via SSH but I'm still having the module missing error. Very odd. Says there are no updates left now.

Anything else I should try?

Welcome to Polisy!
[admin@polisy ~]$ sudo pkg update
Password:
Updating udi repository catalogue...
udi repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
[admin@polisy ~]$ sudo pkg upgrade
Updating udi repository catalogue...
udi repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
Checking for upgrades (0 candidates): 100%
Processing candidates (0 candidates): 100%
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Your packages are up to date.

Hi Michel,

Thank you. That worked.

Very odd. I definitely didn’t remove it as I haven’t done anything under the hood except for set the IP address and manually try to install the module with pip.

When installing the module, I got an error about a kernel mismatch and I cancelled. Then I tried again and it worked. I almost want to reset the whole thing and start over again as there seems like there may be an underlying firmware issue.

• 5 weeks later...

Wireless Tag NS Crashed

I was just checking my logs and noticed that the Wireless Tag Node Server crashed yesterday for no apparent reason. I restarted and everything is working normally now. Attached a log package.

ISY 5.1.0     Polyglot: 2.2.9-5

Wireless Tag NS v. 2.1.17

WirelessTag_logs_2020-8-4_082045.zip

On 8/4/2020 at 8:32 AM, gviliunas said:

Smelly errors from type 107 tags

When starting the Wireless Tag NS v.2.1.17 I always see this series of unknown tag parameter errors from my type 107 tags. The error message states that these are "ignored." Reporting here to verify there is no issue.

Tag 107 non-VOC tag.txt 2.99 kB · 3 downloads

This is normal, the node server does not support the  VOC in the new tags.

On 8/4/2020 at 8:27 AM, gviliunas said:

Wireless Tag NS Crashed

I was just checking my logs and noticed that the Wireless Tag Node Server crashed yesterday for no apparent reason. I restarted and everything is working normally now. Attached a log package.

ISY 5.1.0     Polyglot: 2.2.9-5

Wireless Tag NS v. 2.1.17

WirelessTag_logs_2020-8-4_082045.zip 62.96 kB · 1 download

This was a bug in the 'Set Light' function that caused the crash.  Version 2.0.20 fixes this issue, it won't be in the store for about an hour.

@Jimbo, I just upgraded to 2.0.20.  I noticed on one of my tags that the Out of range flag is True even though it's updating regularly.  The tag type is 26, but I have other 26's  that are working correctly. I can't be sure that it's related to the upgrade, it might have been that way before.   How do I resolve that? 

Thank you.

1848463740_Annotation2020-08-10154216(Small).png.e4a95d9e0f8ce4ea7d0f8963ca2946e0.png

33 minutes ago, tmorse305 said:

@Jimbo, I just upgraded to 2.0.20.  I noticed on one of my tags that the Out of range flag is True even though it's updating regularly.  The tag type is 26, but I have other 26's  that are working correctly. I can't be sure that it's related to the upgrade, it might have been that way before.   How do I resolve that? 

Hi, enable debug mode on the controller node, then restart the nodeserver and let it run for a while, then in the Polyglot UI go to the nodeserver Log page and Generate Log Package and PM that to me.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Hi, enable debug mode on the controller node, then restart the nodeserver and let it run for a while, then in the Polyglot UI go to the nodeserver Log page and Generate Log Package and PM that to me.

I followed these instructions but pressing the 'Download Log Package' does not seem to do anything.  Where is the file downloaded to?  I checked the log folder within the WT NS but the newest file in there is 3 days old.

Edit: I rebooted RPi running Polyglot, I had some weird logging behavior happening.  After I rebooted I found a file debug.log in the log folder.  It appears to be recent log info.  Sent to you via PM.

I followed these instructions but pressing the 'Download Log Package' does not seem to do anything.  Where is the file downloaded to?  I checked the log folder within the WT NS but the newest file in there is 3 days old.
Edit: I rebooted RPi running Polyglot, I had some weird logging behavior happening.  After I rebooted I found a file debug.log in the log folder.  It appears to be recent log info.  Sent to you via PM.
Download log package should download a file in your browser to your downloads folder?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, tmorse305 said:

Thank you.

Should be fixed in 2.0.21 which should be in the store within an hour.  Looks like they changed a param name in the API, or it's always been broken.  I can't fully test since my ISY is currently down for another reason, but the polyglot log looks good.

• 3 weeks later...

I just discovered this thread and hardware, but have some very basic questions.

I would like to get outside temperature and outside ambient light into my ISY. From my reading, that would mean I need:

1) The wireless sensor tag, which appears to be battery run only.

2) Ethernet Tag Manager

3) A tag account (where I can access the data from an app)

4) This cool node server software

5) the Polisy (or equivalent) hardware -- the ISY portal does not support this?

Correct?

* Orest

25 minutes ago, oskrypuch said:

I just discovered this thread and hardware, but have some very basic questions.

I would like to get outside temperature and outside ambient light into my ISY. From my reading, that would mean I need:

1) The wireless sensor tag, which appears to be battery run only.

2) Ethernet Tag Manager

3) A tag account (where I can access the data from an app)

4) This cool node server software

5) the Polisy (or equivalent) hardware -- the ISY portal does not support this?

Correct?

* Orest

Correct. ISY Portal is not related.

Polyglot (NS manager) can exist on the UDI cloud server, RPi, running Polyglot,  or UDI polisy box, running PolyGlot.

I use the kumoapp software for ISY Rest injection into variables.

I don't know what Orest is.

17 minutes ago, larryllix said:

Correct. ISY Portal is not related.

Polyglot (NS manager) can exist on the UDI cloud server, RPi, running Polyglot,  or UDI polisy box, running PolyGlot.

I use the kumoapp software for ISY Rest injection into variables.

I don't know what Orest is.

Thanks.

Orest is ME. ;-)

* Orest

Archived