2 minutes ago, Scottmichaelj said:

Well not so much that it was updated by the OS but was the PC on an older version of Windows? I was on Win7 and then updated to Win10. Its been over a year or so though. I am running Win10Pro v1803 build 17134.285

my system originally started as win7 oem version and then updated to 10 during the free upgrade period. I have since had to reinstall win10 using my old win7 license but that was well over a year ago.

2 minutes ago, idkayaker said:

my system originally started as win7 oem version and then updated to 10 during the free upgrade period. I have since had to reinstall win10 using my old win7 license but that was well over a year ago.

The machine that is on 17134.286 was upgraded from Win7 to Win10 at least a year ago.

yea its something unique to my system. I really feel something is interfering with the communication/protocol.

Do you have any certificates in Java under the “manage certificates” tab? I don’t. Michel said to clear my Java cache, restore security prompts and remove the apps then do a fresh install. Then by doing so I would get a notification to install the certificate (I don’t have any installed) but I am not getting the notification to install a certificate. Wondering if thats the same thing your seeing too?

Hi guy's Want to thank everyone who tried to and and posted here. I have solved my problem. Can't say exactly what was wrong but essentially something had become corrupted or maybe more appropriately miss configured at a level that was not directly user accessible. Could almost have thought it was a virus or malware but it was not. So here a a briefer synopsis.

I was able to run the the dash board but not the Admin console.

I could launch the ISY Finder (yes the newest version obtained form the support site) But it could not see the ISY.

The ISY was functioning and seemed to have nothing wrong with itself I had also performed a rest of the unit.

I had other software that was giving me issues. I.e. Scanner would scan the first Doc but bomb on the second. the only way to get it work again was to reboot the computer. But then again only scan the first Doc before stopping halfway through the first page of the second doc.

During the trouble shooting process of uninstalling and reinstalling software Windows or the installation software would sometimes respond with the access was denied to a folder because I did not have sufficient privileges even though I was logged in as administrator.

I had purchased a Ubiquity Access point to upgrade my house to a commercial level wireless network. Software installed OK but like the  controller software could not see the access point to configure it. My Router saw it and had assigned it an IP address, but my configuration software could not find it. This had a hint of the issue that i was experiencing with the Admin Console

THE SOLUTION TO ALL OF MY PROBLEMS: Repair windows using Microsoft Media Creation tool.

I used MMCT to create a bootable Windows10 USB stick. I did not boot form it but merely started the Setup.exe program right from windows explorer. Followed the prompts, when asked I chose to have the setup grab the latest updates and then let it do its thing. When the process informed me it would be awhile and probably would reboot several times I then went to bed. When I woke up this morning I logged in, was informed that some additional updates need to be installed and then WALHA ISY Finder worked and I'm able to launch the Admin Console, The ubiquity software and see the access point to configure it. My Epson Scanner software however is still having problems.

Hope this helps someone

Charlie S

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I haven’t been able to install the ISY Launcher from the website: https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp After clearing the Java cache and downloading the file, my attempts to run it get an error: “Found unsigned entry in resource: https://isy.universal-devices.com/launcher/isyfinder-1.3.jar”

I’m running Java 7 (1.7.0_71) on Windows 7 Home and previously was able to overcome Java app security issues by adding my ISY994i address to the exceptions list in the Java Control panel. So I added https://isy.universal-devices.com and https://isy.universal-devices.com/launcher to the exception list but the error continues to occur.

Brief possibly relevant history: I had what I presume was an earlier version of the ISY Launcher that I’d used periodically for the last couple years. After not accessing my admin console for 6 months, an attempt  to use it recently generated an error similar to the above one: “Found unsigned entry in resource: https://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/4.6.2/insteon.jar “  That issue prompted me to delete that ISY Launcher and grab the one Michel has pointed to in several posts.

I’ve searched online for a workaround to these Java “unsigned entries” issues but couldn’t find anything applicable. At this point I’m desperate. All of my ISY994i home automation is down due, I suspect, to a faulty PowerLinc Modem but I need my admin console to verify that, back up my program, and update my ISY994i firmware.

1 hour ago, MarcJ said:

I’m running Java 7 (1.7.0_71) on Windows 7 Home and previously was able to overcome Java app security issues by adding my ISY994i address to the exceptions list in the Java Control panel. So I added https://isy.universal-devices.com and https://isy.universal-devices.com/launcher to the exception list but the error continues to occur.

Brief possibly relevant history: I had what I presume was an earlier version of the ISY Launcher that I’d used periodically for the last couple years. After not accessing my admin console for 6 months, an attempt  to use it recently generated an error similar to the above one: “Found unsigned entry in resource: https://isy.universal-devices.com/994i/4.6.2/insteon.jar “  That issue prompted me to delete that ISY Launcher and grab the one Michel has pointed to in several posts.

I’ve searched online for a workaround to these Java “unsigned entries” issues but couldn’t find anything applicable. At this point I’m desperate. All of my ISY994i home automation is down due, I suspect, to a faulty PowerLinc Modem but I need my admin console to verify that, back up my program, and update my ISY994i firmware.

Welcome to the UDI Forums!

My first thought is that that's a fairly older version of Java and the Launcher is relatively new. Is it not possible to upgrade Java further due to Windows 7? Do you have a system with a more recent version of windows/java to try it on?

Paul

• Like 1

Paul, I had considered updating my Java version but talked myself out of it on the assumption that a newer Java version would be even more intolerant of manifest/signed versions issues than my current version. Of course, that logic is based on the error I've seen being the actual cause of the start.jnlp failure to execute. I've learned displayed errors aren't always the real cause of a problem. :)

I'll work through my Java console to update Java and see if that corrects the issue.

Thanks for proposing a good next step.

Marc

Yep, that did it. Updating to Java 1.8.0_191 was the trick. The start.jnlp file executed fine and my admin console confirms I have a PowerLinc Modem problem - time to order my fourth one!

Thanks again Paul. Michel, I can see why you liked Paul's suggestion - good advice to the newbie ;)

• Like 2

I am having a really strange ISY Launcher issue

I built up an Intel core I7 coffee Lake NUC with optane , SSD , Win10 etc   Machine screams.

I Initially had it plugged into a 4K 42 inch display. ISY launcher ran fine

I moved to a 1920 / 1080 monitor and when I try to launch the admin console, it appears to start, but hangs. The admin console creates an icon on the task bar, that if I point to shows the admin console, but it wont appear on the screen and there is no login box.  Tried different resolutions, deleting java and start.jnlp different 1080P display, no change.

If I take the PC and plug it back into the 4K monitor, it comes up fine

I tried changing the resolution to 1080 while connected to the 4K display and it worked fine, but when I move back to the 1080P monitor, I am back to non functional

I tried disabling the Optane module, no change

I tried loading the 5.0.13 admin console , same non functionality.

I tried a different NUC plugged into the 1080P monitor, it works fine.

I have verified I am running the latest display driver.

All other apps seem to work fine

Any ideas on what else I can try ??

oh  I also tried launching it to my second ISY, still non functional and tried launching to my daughters ISY via the portal address, same result.

Thank you in advance

...Barry

1 hour ago, bgrubb1 said:

I am having a really strange ISY Launcher issue

I built up an Intel core I7 coffee Lake NUC with optane , SSD , Win10 etc   Machine screams.

I Initially had it plugged into a 4K 42 inch display. ISY launcher ran fine

I moved to a 1920 / 1080 monitor and when I try to launch the admin console, it appears to start, but hangs. The admin console creates an icon on the task bar, that if I point to shows the admin console, but it wont appear on the screen and there is no login box.  Tried different resolutions, deleting java and start.jnlp different 1080P display, no change.

If I take the PC and plug it back into the 4K monitor, it comes up fine

I tried changing the resolution to 1080 while connected to the 4K display and it worked fine, but when I move back to the 1080P monitor, I am back to non functional

I tried disabling the Optane module, no change

I tried loading the 5.0.13 admin console , same non functionality.

I tried a different NUC plugged into the 1080P monitor, it works fine.

I have verified I am running the latest display driver.

All other apps seem to work fine

Any ideas on what else I can try ??

oh  I also tried launching it to my second ISY, still non functional and tried launching to my daughters ISY via the portal address, same result.

Thank you in advance

...Barry

You should be using "ISY Launcher" to access your ISY.  Make sure your clear your java cache, including all Applications before loading the ISY Launcher. 

If you're running a high res monitor you may have to run the ISY Launcher in the compatibility mode. See this thread

1 hour ago, bgrubb1 said:

I managed to figure out how to maximize the screen from the taskbar via task manager / expand / maximize

the program is hung saying the "system is busy"  apparently thats why its stuck on the task bar

still cont understand it working on a higher resolution

help please

Is the icon that's created on your desktop titled " ISY Launcher" or "Administrative Console"?

What version of Java are your running?

Run the desktop icon in the compatibility mode for Windows 7.  Under Change high DPI settings,  be sure to check "Override high DPI scaling behavior, and scaling performed by "SYSTEM"

After using ISY launcher for years, it suddenly would not open.  See picture attached. So I started following the advice in the first part of this thread and deleted Java log, trace and cashed app files.

Now my ISY launcher shortcut is gone and I don't remember where to download it.

I'm experiencing the same thing and have been investigating. I also keep a version of the last AC on my desktop separately. It does the same.   However, the ISY is definitely running.

I did get it working by going to “http:///admin.jnlp”.That downloads the AC from the ISY locally. You can drag admin.jnlp from downloads to your desktop and run directly there

Paul

Edited by paulbates
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1