CLOSED --- Z-Wave 500 Series Beta

On 7/9/2018 at 6:56 PM, Michel Kohanim said:

You must backup your Z-Wave dongle (Z-Wave | Tools | Backup) … this is going to take a LONG time so, if you decide to go for this beta, it's best to backup now 

In anticipation of receiving the new dongle I performed the above Backup. However it did not ask me where to file the backup and therefore I have no idea where to find it when it is time to do the Restore. Did it go to the  SD card inside the ISY ? 

5 minutes ago, asbril said:

In anticipation of receiving the new dongle I performed the above Backup. However it did not ask me where to file the backup and therefore I have no idea where to find it when it is time to do the Restore. Did it go to the  SD card inside the ISY ? 

That confused me too. It stores it internally and restores from the saved file - you’ll never see it. 

it backs up on the isy.
i don't know why you can't save it to a drive but it does back up

After backing up the zwave dongle (to the ISY), perform an ISY backup (to your PC or Mac).

The zwave backup is contained within the ISY backup.

10 hours ago, MWareman said:

After backing up the zwave dongle (to the ISY), perform an ISY backup (to your PC or Mac).

The zwave backup is contained within the ISY backup.

Thanks MWareman, I always welcome (and admire) your expertise. And I learn so much from many others in this forum.

On 7/13/2018 at 10:23 PM, blueman2 said:

As for the Schlage Locks, I am noticing that I can mostly control all of them (lock and unlock, though I do still get a lot of failures), but status when I manually lock or unlock them is not reflected in the ISY.  I can then query to get status, but it is rarely ever updated automatically.  

@Michel Kohanim, do you need any additional info to diagnose this problem?

So, initially my isy of about 4 years crapped out, so I bought a new one along with this new dongle. I restored my backed up isy5.0.3 on to the new one, then upgraded to 5.0.13a, then installed the new dongle. Now no matter what I do, the dongle will not restore the backup of my old zwave dongle with my garage door and thermostat. I decided to swap my the new dongle out and put my old one back in because of my thermostat programs and now the garage door is missing from the system. I have no idea what happened, if the new dongle works. if anything I will just have to redo the zwave part of my system and start from scratch.

20180802_175040.jpg

20180802_215740.jpg

20180802_215852.jpg

8 minutes ago, asbril said:

This afternoon I expect the arrival of the new Zwave dongle. Does it come with explanations on how to replace the old dongle ?

Do I need to unscrew the ISY ?

Thanks

Mine came with nothing but the board in an envelope.  Yes, you need to unscrew the case of the ISY, pull out the board, remove the old Z-Wave module (connected via a row of pins plugging into the main board horizontally) and plug the new module into the lower-row of the connector on the main board.  The Z-Wave board and the main board should be on the same plane when you're finished.

Edit: Obviously unplug everything from the ISY first :)

I installed the new Zwave board and believe that everything is working now. I had to restore the AC a  few times as one device did not show up, but that seems to have been resolved.

One question : In Michel's instructions for the replacement of the new dongle, it is mentioned to "Disable query at restart".  Now that the installation has been completed, should I re-able that query ?

Thanks

I noticed that with this new dongle I am seeing in my admin console 77.0° instead of 77°. Also I noticed the decimal point doesn't translate on the Android mobilinc app. Showing 770°. When I adjust the temp the thermostat shows 99°, thus showing the set temp on mobilinc 990°. Only because it doesn't go to 3 digots. Any idea why this occurs?

Screenshot_2018-08-02-22-53-47.png

I noticed that with this new dongle I am seeing in my admin console 77.0° instead of 77°. Also I noticed the decimal point doesn't translate on the Android mobilinc app. Showing 770°. When I adjust the temp the thermostat shows 99°, thus showing the set temp on mobilinc 990°. Only because it doesn't go to 3 digots. Any idea why this occurs?
Screenshot_2018-08-02-22-53-47.thumb.png.22734e18d440b05d4a0846359ff5f3db.png

I don’t think Mobilinc yet understands how ISY sends values with decimal components.... This is new to v5 - and Wes I believe said he was going to wait until v5 got more stable before fixing these things...

I have a few ZOOZ 4-in-1 multisensors, and was having intermittent problems with one of them.  When doing a sync it always failed, so I eventually decided to try removing and re-adding it.  Mistake...it adds successfully but doesn't have near the number of nodes it should including, most importantly, motion.  It adds Notify, Tamper, and Multilevel, and is missing Binary, Glass Break, Intrusion, Low Battery, Motion, and Tamper Code.  I left nodes unfrozen in ISY hoping when it detected motion it would add the node, but it does not.  It changes the state of the binary node, but never adds motion.  Not positive if this is a z-wave beta dongle issue or a 5.0.13A issue, but figured I'd post over here.  Log attached... 

ZOOZ 4-in-1 Multisensor.txt

Question : I have the new Zwave 500 Series board and use 5.0.13a. If I get a Zwave Plus sensor will I get its Zwave Plus features even though the sensor (most likely)  'travels' through my Zwave mesh network that includes some Non-Zwave Plus devices ?

Archived