How to link 2843-222R open/close door sensor?

jtara92101

How do I link a 2843-222R open/close door sensor? I am using v4.6.2

I swear I have done this successfully before. But I had no need for the sensors - now I do.

I put the sensor in linking mode, and nothing I do seems to pick up the sensor.

Link management - start linking

Link management - New Insteon Device (auto discover)

Link maangement - link a sensor

None of them do anything.

There is no address anywhere on the sensor, so I can't enter the address. But there doesn't seem to be any auto-discovery happening.

32 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

You have to open it up. The address is in the casing on the board. .

Choose link a sensor, type in address, put into linking mode then hit ok

Thanks - that worked! I had opened it up, but didn't recognize the address as such.

Apparently these can't be discovered?

Now, one more thing... 

Front Door - Opened - shows status of Off or On.

But Front Door - Closed - shows no status.

Nor Heartbeat, but don't know what I should even expect there.

Obviously, I can use Opened in programs. But curious about Closed and Heartbeat.

The sensor can be put into multiple scenes which is what you are seeing with the different options. (I dont use that sensor anymore nor did I ever have a need for that setup so not sure how ISY expose activates it). With that said, depending on your use, the first option is generally enough for most people. The Open/Closed option allows you to have a scene activate when open is triggered and a completely separate scene activate when closed is triggered.

The sensor sends a heartbeat ever 23hrs (give or take) so you shoudnt necessarily see anything in the column until in sends an alert saying its still working. 

I have a similar question (and I also made the same mistake of not recognizing the Insteon address inside the case when I put in the battery).  The "closed" device/node never shows any status, nor changes in status when the sensor is manually opened and closed (the "opened" device/node does respond appropriately).   In a test program I can add an if statement including control or status for the "closed" device/node (and a "then" statement to turn on a nearby light) (and I did both enable the program and save it) but get no response of the light to manually opening and closing the sensor.  The  light responds correctly if the "if" statement references the "opened" device/node  The "heartbeat" node does show up as on after ~24 hours.

• 5 months later...

I have another strange thing going on. Have not meddled with it for a while, but the excess messages are bugging me.

What I find is that I get TWO "opened" messages every time the door is opened! The second one is delayed.

That is, I get an "opened" message immediately. Then a couple minutes later, I get another.

1 hour ago, jtara92101 said:

I have another strange thing going on. Have not meddled with it for a while, but the excess messages are bugging me.

What I find is that I get TWO "opened" messages every time the door is opened! The second one is delayed.

That is, I get an "opened" message immediately. Then a couple minutes later, I get another.

Post your program!

Maybe you have the ‘Reverse Trigger’ setting enabled on the iolinc? This only reverses the trigger sent when the sensor changes state, but not a query. So if you have something that queries your iolinc later the status could flip without the door being operated.

Archived