I made a mess of things...

24 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

What's fraudulent? Their manual states exactly what it can be used with and how. It does what it says it does. They make no other promises or claims to anything else

I haven’t looked recently but when I laid out $20K for my systems 3 years ago their literature made repeated reference to their z wave functionality and interoperability which was a fraudulent claim. Maybe they’ve corrected their literature since then but when you buy a Ferrari and get a Yugo with a prancing horse sticker it’s most definitely fraud.

Your point about the manual is a good one but I was referring specifically to their marketing literature at the time I made my purchase decision. 

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Thanks @BigMojo appreciate the response and details. Guess I'll start playing with then python lib that uses the undocumented API. My main need is to automate putting it in away mode when the ISY knows I'm away.

@Jimbo here’s what I did:

Goto the Nexia web page and create 5 modes, Home, Away,  Guests, Pets and Vacant

Create the Nexia automations to accomplish what you want for each mode, it may take several per mode depending on your desires

Make sure that the automations are only enabled to their specific mode, you can only do this from their web interface,

Mark 1 Automation to run at Mode Startup for each mode

Now create 5 Nexia automations, Activate Home Mode, Activate Away Mode, etc. Each of these need to be enabled for ALL MODES

Expose those 5 automations to Alexa

You now have voice control over what mode your HVAC Thermostat is in.

Hope this helps!

Archived