Google home notifications?

beninsteon

I can now see each room in my house getting an Alexa to sit right next to my Google Homes. And double the admin overhead as well...

I know.....

I have my Elk hooked up to several speakers for announcements currently. I should setup a single house-wide ‘announce only’ Alexa.....

4 hours ago, MWareman said:

I can now see each room in my house getting an Alexa to sit right next to my Google Homes. And double the admin overhead as well...

I know.....

I have my Elk hooked up to several speakers for announcements currently. I should setup a single house-wide ‘announce only’ Alexa.....

" I can now see each room in my house getting an Alexa to sit right next to my Google Homes. And double the admin overhead as well...  "

Exactly my thought.

I was thinking about getting echo devices for this reason also but I bet it's just a matter of time till Google enables announcements in it's API.

Agreed. Sometimes a feature comes to Amazon Alexa first, sometimes to Google Home.
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of just getting one or two Echo Dots for announcements only.

I was a little confused briefly reading the wiki.  To confirm: one ISY can send an announcement to multiple Echos, correct?

Can you specify an Echo, or is the announcement broadcast to all?

(I probably floated into the wrong topic category...)

Archived