OutletLinc - Disable Load Sense?

int2str

I have two OutletLinc dimmers v.44 that randomly turn on with LED light bulbs attached.

There is no option in the config as far as I can tell (iSY944i, v5.0.14) to turn load sensing off.

Two questions:
1. Is there a way to turn load sensing off somehow?
2. Is there a way to send "raw" insteon commands to achieve this somehow?

I have a two outlet out on my deck that I "borrow" sometimes for my laptop when I'm working out there and I have to remember to shut it back off after plugging in the normal load. I just looked it up in the manual, (pg 8 ) and tried on that 2663-222 v44, and it works:

Disable Load Sensing

1.  Press & hold the Set button on OutletLinc for 3 seconds The OutletLinc Status LED will begin blinking (doesn't seem to matter which button)
  2. Double-tap the Set button on OutletLinc. The OutletLinc Status LED will stop blinking and turn on solid
  3. Test that Load Sensing has been disabled by turning the load on and off from its manual switch The load will not respond

I had to be pretty quick on the draw with the double-tap. As soon as you get the initial beep from press & hold, double-tap quickly and right away

Paul

You indicated dimmer version. The 2472D OutletLinc Dimmer. Manual does not indicate you can disable the Load Sensing feature. Like you can with the On/Off models.

Sometimes you can add a small incandescent load like a night light bulb to squash the Load Sensing Circuit. Another way is to get a different model LED bulb. That is not as touchy to the Local Load Sensing circuit.

• 1 year later...

Dredging this up, because I have this problem with a track with just 4 low-wattage LEDs at my entrance plugged into a 2476D. The lights cycle.

Actually, I had been using  a 2457D2 and had this problem only if I raised brightness to 100%. I thought perhaps the 2472D might have less trouble, as it is newer. And, also, it's a neater installation of course. I didn't want to run in-wall wiring to the track, and is easily hidden by I really wasn't thinking about LoadSense...

So, maybe for now I will go back to the 2457D2

(Edit: nope, it seems to have permanent load sense, the manual doesn't even mention it. I think they started to call it "Load Sense" when they started letting dimmer outlets act as as a controller?)

The OutletLinc Dimmer manual says that Load Sense can be disabled using "software such as Houselinc"

So, could ISY please do whatever HouseLinc does? Pretty please? Maybe if we figure out what HouseLinc does?

---

I tried the tippy-tappy procedure above, the LED acted the same, but did not disable Load Sense. I guess the one above is a Euro model?

7 hours ago, jtara92101 said:

Dredging this up, because I have this problem with a track with just 4 low-wattage LEDs at my entrance plugged into a 2476D. The lights cycle.

Actually, I had been using  a 2457D2 and had this problem only if I raised brightness to 100%. I thought perhaps the 2472D might have less trouble, as it is newer. And, also, it's a neater installation of course. I didn't want to run in-wall wiring to the track, and is easily hidden by I really wasn't thinking about LoadSense...

So, maybe for now I will go back to the 2457D2

(Edit: nope, it seems to have permanent load sense, the manual doesn't even mention it. I think they started to call it "Load Sense" when they started letting dimmer outlets act as as a controller?)

The OutletLinc Dimmer manual says that Load Sense can be disabled using "software such as Houselinc"

So, could ISY please do whatever HouseLinc does? Pretty please? Maybe if we figure out what HouseLinc does?

---

I tried the tippy-tappy procedure above, the LED acted the same, but did not disable Load Sense. I guess the one above is a Euro model?

The lamplinc requires a minimum of 5w in order to operate properly. It wouldn't surprise me if the outlet had the same requirement. 

Your bulbs wattage might be too low

Probably 30W at full brightness, plus transformer losses.

Ancient Lightolier track with 3 framing projectors with big chunky transformer bases, probably have 5W LEDs, and two 110V wall washers with bayonet base bulbs, I think not more than 8W LEDs in the wall washers. I'm constantly on the lookout for higher wattage bayonet base LEDs they are hard to find. Probably should get conversion adapters to candelabra screw base - the fixtures have plenty of room.

I actually want to light two more pictures with framing projectors. Will have to check storage locker to see if I have any more, don't think so. I may have one or two spots though that are convertable by adding the FP accessory.

The wall washers are too close to a fire sprinkler, otherwise I could put halogens in them and get the brightness I want and solve the minimum wattage requirement.

Maybe one halogen in a framing projector. I've probably over-done being green.

Think I'll try that - I have one large movie poster that could use more brightness anyway. I think I have some Yushios somewhere.

Bet I can get a couple of those Lightolier FPs on eBay cheap...

XXXXX nope. Lightolier FPs are like hens teeth! I'll put a halogen in the FP for my big movie poster.

10 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Are you sure the lights are dimmable? What type of transformer are you using? Is it a dimmable transformer

Yes, the lights are dimmable. The fixtures are so old they have REAL transformers!

I solved it by replacing one of the framing projector lamps with a 35W halogen. It's the largest poster, it needed more brightness anyway.

Yea, that one wall washer is WAY too close to the fire sprinkler! It has a small LED "cornrow" in it though. Not the 100W halogen it was made for! Looking for higher wattage bayonet base cornrows. Mostly they lie about the wattage...

94E792C2-C092-4C4D-8F99-29B589718A4B_1_105_c.jpeg

C7B05330-C088-41FD-9094-AEA6DAFA84B5_1_105_c.jpeg

1FBCE29E-E290-4B7D-A6A3-DEF61091BB1B_1_105_c.jpeg

6 hours ago, jtara92101 said:

Yes, the lights are dimmable. The fixtures are so old they have REAL transformers!

I solved it by replacing one of the framing projector lamps with a 35W halogen. It's the largest poster, it needed more brightness anyway.

Yea, that one wall washer is WAY too close to the fire sprinkler! It has a small LED "cornrow" in it though. Not the 100W halogen it was made for! Looking for higher wattage bayonet base cornrows. Mostly they lie about the wattage...

94E792C2-C092-4C4D-8F99-29B589718A4B_1_105_c.jpeg

C7B05330-C088-41FD-9094-AEA6DAFA84B5_1_105_c.jpeg

1FBCE29E-E290-4B7D-A6A3-DEF61091BB1B_1_105_c.jpeg

I love the look. It looks great

Archived